Vintage resort pics?

I loved the picture of the Pinto. It almost looks like the Pinto pulled the Winnabago!

:rotfl2:

I am getting real liberal with the term 'vintage resort pics'. Below are a couple of pics from the beach at Fort Wilderness - I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, I am the geeky one wearing the complete face mask for swimming in the lagoon. :rotfl:

Connor-173.jpg

Connor-174.jpg

OK, I need ya'lls help. Does anyone know where this is? I don't recognize any of the landmarks. Could it be near the Polynesian?

Connor-165.jpg

Now I have just crossed over to vintage pics. But I just had to add pics of rides of yester year...

093WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

Is that a road behind 20'000 leagues?

095WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

That's all the pics I have - enjoy!!!

MaryD73,
The picture in question is from Lake Buena Vista Village. It's now Downtown Disney. The big steamboat in the background was a restaurant named the Lillie Belle, named after Walt's wife. Lake Buena Vista Village opened in 1975. I was 6 years old then and remember my Mom loved it. I didn't care for it because it only had one little upscale, overpriced toy store. A lot has changed since then.

MaryD73,
The picture in question is from Lake Buena Vista Village. It's now Downtown Disney. The big steamboat in the background was a restaurant named the Lillie Belle, named after Walt's wife. Lake Buena Vista Village opened in 1975. I was 6 years old then and remember my Mom loved it. I didn't care for it because it only had one little upscale, overpriced toy store. A lot has changed since then.

Thanks! I remember that store and all the other little stores. Never could buy anything with my $5 allowance but I couldn't wait to visit there and see the cool toys. Boy that brings back memories. :goodvibes

Yes that is the current location of Downtown Disney, and the steamboat is now Fulton's. They used to have a character breakfast there every morning. If I am not mistaken, it was pre-plated. That is also "almost" the location of the original Chef Mickey's. I used to love it when it was over there...:(

MsA

MaryD73,

The "boat" was named the Empress Lilly and actually had several restaurants and a lounge. It isn't really a boat though it is a building. I think your picture of the Southern Seas(the paddle wheel) looks like it was taken from the CR, I think they had the yellow chairs, I don't recall the FW dock having chairs like that. If you look further back in the thread you will see me and my little brother in the water off FW too, so I understand the whole "geeky" thing with the mask, did you ever try to catch the little fish swiming with us.

For those of us that were kids at the time, maybe this photo of the village will bring back memories.

1) the slide
2) our moms wearing poor color combinations.

:laughing::laughing:

Connor-166.jpg

The "boat" was named the Empress Lilly and actually had several restaurants and a lounge. It isn't really a boat though it is a building. I think your picture of the Southern Seas(the paddle wheel) looks like it was taken from the CR, I think they had the yellow chairs, I don't recall the FW dock having chairs like that. If you look further back in the thread you will see me and my little brother in the water off FW too, so I understand the whole "geeky" thing with the mask, did you ever try to catch the little fish swiming with us.

Oh yes we did. I was convinced I could and spent hours trying. This is a fun thread - haven't thought about this stuff in years!!!

Thanks all.

When the petting zoo at FW was stil free range.

MaggieLizGoat.jpg

I'm on the left, Dsis is the one the goat thinks it should climb.

I was in college in nearby Winter Park, Florida in 1977 and I remember going to a lounge at Lake Buena Vista and seeing Dizzy Gillespie perform! It was very upscale (dark wood but everything was in those days) adult. Wish they had entertainment of that caliber now.

For those of us that were kids at the time, maybe this photo of the village will bring back memories.

1) the slide

Connor-166.jpg

Wow, that slide looks really familiar. I wonder if I rode it =) My clearest memory of the old DTD was lots of outdoor shopping with my parents.

Are the original WDW Village buildings still being used?

1) the slide

QUOTE]

I remember the Bv Villiage, too. I think we rended paddleboats and the old mouse racers there, too. I remember doing stuff with my Dad there while my Mom shopped. I don't really remember the stores there, but I remember the layout of the villiage. It seemed much calmer and quieter than DTD. Although I guess all of WDW was probably less vrowded then. I noticed that in a PP's photo of MK...there was almost no one there!

Below are a couple of pics from the beach at Fort Wilderness - I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

Connor-173.jpg

Connor-174.jpg

I think that is actually the CR beach, looking toward Discovery Island. The FW beach had a wooden swimming platform.

I remember the World Cruise pictured, and they still have the docking and loading means for that ship. Does anyone know where it ended up?

Now I have just crossed over to vintage pics. But I just had to add pics of rides of yester year...

093WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

Is that a road behind 20'000 leagues?

095WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

That's all the pics I have - enjoy!!!

Yes, that is a road behind 20,000 Leagues. It goes from backstage MK to the Monorail "garage" (it's the building with the square openings on the second floor) and other cast and warehouse areas. The bridge goes over the WDW Railroad track.

That is CR beach taken from about where the "bulls eye pool" is now located

Connor-174.jpg

That is the Empress Lilly in the back ground, this was taken from the far side of Disney Village.

Connor-165.jpg

Wish I could scan some Disney World pictures from my honeymoon back in 1985! You'd all get the biggest laughs! You wouldn't believe the short sport shorts my husb was wearing.... and those sneakers too! We laughed so hard when we recently looked through the pictures.

:laughing: I love this thread especially the MK pictures from the 70's and the petting zoo at Ft. Wilderness is exactly like the pics I have. I wish I had a scanner because I have a few funny ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter