Vintage resort pics?

Found a couple more. Here are some scanned photos from October 1972 taken at the Contemporary.

090WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

Dress.. Bedspread.. Dress.. Bedspread.. I cannot stop looking.. Dress... Bedspread.. I am mesmerized.

It's all so very Brady.. :)

Knox

Our first trip to Disney was June of '72 and when we checked into the Poly you pulled into a diagonal space and a young lady came to our car and checked us in curbside. We all loved her and kept in touch with her for a number of years.

Our first trip to Disney was June of '72 and when we checked into the Poly you pulled into a diagonal space and a young lady came to our car and checked us in curbside. We all loved her and kept in touch with her for a number of years.

I had forgotten all about her! Those days were wonderful - so much more magic. I loved the name then: Polynesian Village. And I liked the old Longhouse names- still getting used to the new ones.

We had many wonderful summer and long weekend winter vacations there from the time my kids were little - we celebrated many birthdays, graduations, Confirmation and First Communion trips (any excuse to go to WDW!).;)

I have some photos of the Poly and CR from the early 80's (took very few photos on earlier trips), but no scanner.

Loved the Poly pool photo and CR room photo - cannot remmeber the color on our first stay, but remember when it was refurbished in the late 80's and our room colors were peach and soft green.

Great thread!!:)

I'll have to bring in some pics from home to scan, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with this "WHAT WERE THEY WEARING?" picture from 1992. :laughing:

I mean, WTH!?!?! My sister was 4 months pregnant, but that is just NO excuse! ;)

f89aa5c1.jpg

BTW, I love the FW pics. :D

I have one more. It's just a bathroom in the GF in 1990. I couldn't believe that we were actually spending $200 a night on a hotel room. LOL. Are the rooms still decorated in pinks? I wouldn't know. I can't afford it now. ;)

f89aa5c6.jpg

Someone on another thread had posted pictures of the Tree House Villas because they had walked passed them & wondered what they were. Where were these located?

Someone on another thread had posted pictures of the Tree House Villas because they had walked passed them & wondered what they were. Where were these located?

On the Sassagoula (?) River in between POFQ, SSR and LBV golf course I believe. When we stayed at the old Disney Institute our bus would stop there also.

I had forgotten all about her! Those days were wonderful - so much more magic. I loved the name then: Polynesian Village.]

When I check in in July I intend to say I'm staying at the Polynesian Village. Village just resonates as a destination more than resort but I suppose this is why I am not head of marketing at Disney. Anyway, I also am a "class of '72" veteran and I have pics of me going down the old slide in my purple and pink swimsuit. Unfortunately I lack the technology to upload it.

Have also stayed in the Contemporary in the early 80s and the old Vacation Villas.

This is a lovely thread.

Sorry I don't have any photos to post, but I'm enjoying re-living childhood memories through this thread. Quick ??? for any who may remember....DH remembers staying at WDW Golf Resort (prob. late 70's/early 80"s) Is that now SOG? If not, what is it now?

Sorry I don't have any photos to post, but I'm enjoying re-living childhood memories through this thread. Quick ??? for any who may remember....DH remembers staying at WDW Golf Resort (prob. late 70's/early 80"s) Is that now SOG? If not, what is it now?

Yes, it is. First it was changed to the Disney Inn, then it changed to Shades of Green.

We went in 1973 when I was 3. I know my mom has pictures, and I am DYING to go dig through them. The trip is a surprise for my dd though. I am surprising her with a Disney package on her bday at the end of June, so I don't want to arouse any suspision before then.

Thank you to everybody who took the time, and have the talent to share these pictures. I remember visiting the Poly in 1977, we took pictures sitting in the large ratan chairs in the lower level of the lobby. Fun memories.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter