Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table - PICTURES

NejTheLion said:
DSCN0157.jpg

OK.....sure ....sure......for 2 years now, we've been hoping beyond hope for a new dessert on the menu....we've eaten at V&A 3 times in the past year and never once have we seen this.....

It looks YUMMY!

Thanks for the pictures!

Wow. These courses look delicious!

V&A seems to be one of the small number of WDW restaurants that, thankfully, hasn't genericized their menu since the advent of the dining plan. I wish more of the restaurants had this type of distinct, unique menu offerings.

We have not dined at V&A, yet. Our goal is to eat at every other WDW restaurant first, and save V&A for the grand finale. We're only about 2-3 trips away from this.

Here's a Q for you V&A veterens...

The portion sizes... they seem a little on the "meager" side - actually, they appear to be smaller than the portions at Food & Wine. Is this the case? Will I leave satiated, or will I still be hungry?

Oh, and Mister Disney... why is that clown kicking you in the hoohas in Mr. D's K-Man's siggie? :eek:

rayelias said:
Here's a Q for you V&A veterens...

The portion sizes... they seem a little on the "meager" side - actually, they appear to be smaller than the portions at Food & Wine. Is this the case? Will I leave satiated, or will I still be hungry?

Oh, and Mister Disney... why is that clown kicking you in the hoohas in Mr. D's K-Man's siggie? :eek:

TRUST me
...the sizes are NOT meager......

If you eat all the courses presented to you and stick with just one or two pieces of bread (I SOOO have to control myself on the bread at V&A because it is delicious!) .....

when you finish with your meal you will be pleasently full, but not "stuffed"

Typically in "finer" dining establishments they give small perfectly plated dishes, which will add up to a full belly.

Regarding the clown, hoo hoos etc.

She is an incredible young lady who was a performer during the Party for the Senses in 2005. We asked for a picture with her and she jumped into our arms like that. She actually spent a lot of time with our dear friend Jon during that trip. He passed away recently and I have a picture of her playing on his wheelchair, that I treasure, because of the great time we all had and the memories that I now have.

Thanks for the wonderful review, plus pictures. This brought back scrumptious memories!!!

Fantastic review ~ Your pictures are outstanding.

Do not worry about not feeling full. And that includes the regular restaurant, not just the chef's table. The multiple courses really do add up, and remember that nearly everything you're eating is very rich. Speaking as a member of a family where all of us have VERY healthy appetites, you'll be fine. Even my father gets filled up! At the chef's table, I was nearly full by the time the final meat course came out. Had to force myself to eat some of that and then a bite of the new desserts. I didn't have any of the souffle or banana gateau, which I've had multiple times before. And if you're doing the wine pairing, that fills you up even more.

As for the person who asked about restaurants that weren't moving towards the more generic menus, I'd imagine that would include all of the resort restaurants. Am I wrong in thinking that's more of a park thing? We usually eat dinner at places like Jiko, Citricos, CA Grill, etc. And if you want an upscale experience in the parks, try the upstairs restaurant un France (Bistro de Paris). I think ressies are 30 days out there, and the entrance is behind the main restaurant, over near the bakery.

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup2 I'm sitting here, drooling all over my keyboard as I type. I can't wait to go back to V&A next week! :sunny:

Happy Holidays!
-Michelle

Wow thanks for the review and pics! I am going to take a guess that the mystery desert is an upscale take on a s'more, but of course I could be WAAAY off.

Oh my! After seeing those pictures I am thinking maybe we should go there for our 10th wedding anniversary next October. Great pictures! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter