Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table - PICTURES

NejTheLion

Jellyfish Jen
So, this is only about a year late. Our menus were misplaced, and there was no way I could remember what all of the dishes were (other than amazing). Fortunately, I stumbled upon the menus while cleaning, so here's what we enjoyed that evening. I remember it was right around the time soup was returned to the menu. When Chef Hunnel came out for that course, I mentioned that many people were upset that the soup course on the regular menu had left in favor of a fish course. He said he was thinking about bringing it back. And the next time we dined there, the soup course had indeed returned.

I'll be using the following abbreviations (T=top, B=bottom, R=right, L=left).

Here we go!!!

November 3, 2005

Amuse Bouche - Long Island Duck with Melted Cabbage (T), Gulf of Mexico Shrimp (BR), Seared Diver Scallop (BL)

DSCN0138.jpg

Oops, forgot the wine! How could I?!?!

We did the wine pairing, and after starting the evening with a glass of sparkling (which was refilled to finish the bottle off) and continuing on with another seven (and we're not talking about tastings - we're talking about decent-sized glasses), we were very glad that all we had to do was roll onto the monorail to get back to Poly.

To start the evening off (and with the amuse bouche above), we had Villiera Tradition Brut, Stellenbosch NV, which should be South African, I believe.

FIRST COURSE:

Fennel Crusted Ahi Tuna (BL) with Maine Lobster Salad (BR) and Iranian Osetra Caviar (TR)

Wine - King Estate Pinot Gris, Oregon 2003

DSCN0139.jpg

Two different kinds of butter and olive oil for the bread

DSCN0140.jpg

SECOND COURSE (The Soup Returns!!!):

Alaskan King Salmon with Roasted Pumpkin Cream

Wine - Domaine Maillard Pere et Fils Chorey-Les-Beaune Chardonnay, Burgundy 2003

DSCN0143.jpg

THIRD COURSE:

Pedro Ximinez Lacquered Quail with Figs and Cippollini Onion

Wine - Alquezar Bodega Pirineos Moristel, Somontano 2004

DSCN0144.jpg

FOURTH COURSE:

Berkshire Pork Tenderloin and Braised Belly with Smoked Corn

Wine - Dr. F. Weins-Prum Reisling Kabinett, Mosel 2003

(This was a brand-new dish Chef Hunnel was trying, and when it was first plated by the other chefs, he obviously was not satisfied with the presentation because he made them scrap it and start over. Yikes! Though I have to say that we were amazed at how calm everyone in the kitchen was throughout the evening. No one was rushing around. It was very much a well-oiled machine.)

DSCN0145.jpg

FIFTH COURSE (not done yet):

Marcho Farms Veal with Romano and Dragon Tongue Bean Ragout

Wine - Masi Campofiorin Corvina, Veneto 2001

DSCN0146.jpg

SIXTH COURSE (final meaty one):

"Kobe" Beef Tenderloin (B) with Braised Short Ribs and Oxtail Jus (TL), Pan Roasted Foie Gras and Peach Tart with Peach Cider Reduction (TR)

Wine - Trefethen Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa 2001

DSCN0147.jpg

SEVENTH COURSE - CHEESE:

Parmigiano-Reggiano (TR), Beaufort (TL) and English Stilton Cheesecake (kinda BR - cake-looking thing)

Wine - Hartford Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast 2004

DSCN0148.jpg

EIGHTH COURSE - DESSERT!

Warm Almond Chocolate Timbale, Orange Chocolate Napoleon, Miniature Chocolate Pyramid

DSCN0150.jpg

Timbale

DSCN0151.jpg

Napoleon

DSCN0152.jpg

Pyramid

DSCN0153.jpg

NINTH COURSE - MORE DESSERT!!! (Thought we were done, didn't ya?)

Orange-Scented Mascarpone in a Chocolate Nest (in honor of Soarin')

DSCN0154.jpg

Grand Marnier Souffle

DSCN0155.jpg

Caramelized Banana Gateau

DSCN0156.jpg

And the mystery dessert - not listed on our menu, and there's no way I'm going to remember now. I was about ready to pass out at this point in the meal. I think I had a bite of the desserts I had never had before at V&A, and that was it!

DSCN0157.jpg

And THAT, as they say, is THAT!

I hope everyone who wants to has the opportunity to experience this at least once.

Note for guests staying concierge - even if the concierge staff is supposed to be making these reservations for you, I'd suggest you calling as well on the appropriate day first thing in the morning. Concierge guests don't get first dibs on ressies, so you have as much chance of getting the reservation (maybe even better) than the concierge staff.

Jen

Wow! Wonderful! Thank you for posting these. I am motivated now to give the place a try.

The desserts were one per person? How many people were there in your group?

Thank you so much for posting!
I should never have read this when I was in the dessert mood, now an Almond Joy bar does not look so yummy! :teeth:

Jean

There were only three of us dining. I think they just brought out every dessert that they served.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pictures. Everything looks delicious! :cloud9:

I'm drooling, and excited that they had foie gras. :banana:

The last time I did Chef's Table (back in 2002), there were five of us.
We had all of the desserts. What we did was "take a bite and pass it
left!"

But I really didn't want to give up my Kona chocolate souffle...

Thanks for the pics!

GREAT PICTURES all of which bring back WONDERFULLY GLUTTONOUS memories.

We have SO MUCH in common .....

COFFEE

and

DESSERT!!!

THANK YOU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter