Via Napoli was different

I know I have family from Napoli and we always use garlic. When they told me this I honestly thought they were kidding!
Hilarious. I would’ve thought they were kidding too. Sure Italy might be light but Italian-American is familiar with garlic.

Even without having garlic in-house, there’s no reason they couldn’t figure out something else beside oil 🤣

I've been here a bunch of times and find it to be consistently good. One time we went the pie was way off, not good at all. Half the pie was hanging off the tray with all the cheese on the other side. We ate it but after I left I was pissed off. It's a 40 something dollar pizza, I should have sent it back. If you get something that is not right, or not the way you have gotten it before send it back. Don't pay these inflated prices for something that is made wrong.

I've been here a bunch of times and find it to be consistently good. One time we went the pie was way off, not good at all. Half the pie was hanging off the tray with all the cheese on the other side. We ate it but after I left I was pissed off. It's a 40 something dollar pizza, I should have sent it back. If you get something that is not right, or not the way you have gotten it before send it back. Don't pay these inflated prices for something that is made wrong.
Consistent good or inconsistently good?

They took out the pizza that I liked, service was bad, and quality didn't lived up to past experiences.
That's disappointing. Our service was bad last time too (in December) and the quality wasn't as good but I was hoping it was a bad night. I did notice for our trip next month there's no more Piccante pizza but we're planning on giving it another shot.

we usually share the salad and each get a indiv pizza, should we skip it this april? like how much different / poor quality is it these days?

We had gone many times and had great meals my wife had a salt intolerance and they always made her a nice bowl of pasta with garlic, oil and tomatoes. Very nice And accommodating. We always know it’s hit or miss asking for a special meal and if they can’t do it we understand. They had always gone above and beyond and made her delicious pasta. We went recently and she asked for that and they said they have no garlic in the restaurant and that real Italian doesn’t use garlic? Ok they bought her a bowl of pasta drowning in oil and maybe 4 pieces of tomato. Figured they had a bad day as anyone can. Went back again. Again they said they don’t use garlic in the restaurant. Bought my wife a childs bowl of pasta dry with olive oil on the side. Charged like $30 for it. I had the pizza with artichoke and it was very bland. We are done with them for a while.
Have they never heard of aglio e olio? It originated in Naples.

Hilarious. I would’ve thought they were kidding too. Sure Italy might be light but Italian-American is familiar with garlic.

Even without having garlic in-house, there’s no reason they couldn’t figure out something else beside oil 🤣
My Italian-American dad hates the smell of garlic. He won't eat garlic break, shrimp scampi, or other things that really smell like it. Yet when my mom makes red sauce, she uses an entire head of garlic, and he likes it. I think it should be available anywhere Italian food is served.

Same wonderful people, pizza and service we’ve always had. Can’t wait to be back soon!!!

If you guys want heavy garlic, head over to that “Italian American” place called Olive Garden and I’m sure you’ll get all the garlic you want!

🌺

Last edited:
Went last week, was fine so it’s still on my list. Margarita pizza was what I expected, someone in the group had the fish and liked it. Service was back to great. A bit weird when we ordered a bottle of the house Chianti and the server tried to sell us on spending $20 to upgrade to a more expensive wine but he didn’t push when we said no.

We went a few years ago and loved it. We went in January 2024 and it was really bad. The pasta was so overcooked as to be a plate of mush, the pizzas(which didn't come out until 45 minutes after the pasta) had no sauce and only 8 pepperonis on the entire family sized pizza. It was also sooooo noisy, and not because anyone was being particularly loud, but because it's all hard surfaces. I think they also must have added more tables because you could barely walk through the restaurant it was so jam packed full. We will not be back.

I went in 2018 and didn't love it, but I chalk that up to the weird pizza we ordered. Giving it another go this trip and ordering what many have reported liking the Quattro Formaggi pizza, individual size (hoping that that small size might also help with being cooked through).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter