Via Napoli was different

jcjr

Earning My Ears
Love Via Napoli, but recently went and it was off. First, the cupped pepperoni's that we had always loved had been changed to a little larger and flat pepperoni. In our families opinion they were not as flavorful.There was also very little sauce. It was still good but not to the standard we expected. Don't know if this was a temporary supply issue substitute and/or wondering if someone else noticed or had some input. Thanks

We noticed changes last week, too.
The menu was tweaked, which happens. They seem to be focusing a bit more on foods other than their pizzas imo. We still had the pizza, no pepperoni so I can’t comment on that.
Also took us 20 minutes to be seated after checking in. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying.

Same experience last week. The pizza was OK, but the other elements were off. I always ask for Parmesan and red peppers with the bread basket, and they used to bring a saucer with one large mound of shredded parm and two small mounds of good quality pepper flakes in the shape of a Mickey - it tasted really good. This time they just brought ordinary shakers of cheap stuff like Pizza Hut, which would hardly shake any cheese or peppers out. Very stingy with the dipping oil too. This was a change since last December. My daughter’s pasta was also ordinary and disappointing. I was kind of embarrassed after telling her how good the place was. It was the worst meal of our trip.

We chalked it up to an off night, but it did seem that corners were being cut.

I guess that new menu in Dec was just a pre-curser of things to come? On my Dec trip the server handed me a menu and said it was new and now there are no substitutions on the pizza toppings allowed at all, you must do a make your own- I was just ordering a margarita pizza so no horse in that race but considering it was the first thing out her mouth and borderline aggressive I figure that must be a change from before? The prices of make your own pizzas were crazy vs the set offerings!

I still had a nice margarita pizza in Dec, I hope they didn't cheapen out on that since then. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. If they changed their pizza recipe this place will head to my drop it list.

I guess that new menu in Dec was just a pre-curser of things to come? On my Dec trip the server handed me a menu and said it was new and now there are no substitutions on the pizza toppings allowed at all, you must do a make your own- I was just ordering a margarita pizza so no horse in that race but considering it was the first thing out her mouth and borderline aggressive I figure that must be a change from before? The prices of make your own pizzas were crazy vs the set offerings!

I still had a nice margarita pizza in Dec, I hope they didn't cheapen out on that since then. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. If they changed their pizza recipe this place will head to my drop it list.
That’s really disappointing about the no substitutions. I’m vegetarian and tend to always have SOMETHING subbed in for the meat. The veggie options aren’t always my favorite. Hoping they’ll at least let you take stuff off the pizza/pastas.

That’s really disappointing about the no substitutions. I’m vegetarian and tend to always have SOMETHING subbed in for the meat. The veggie options aren’t always my favorite. Hoping they’ll at least let you take stuff off the pizza/pastas.
It was specifically for the specialty pizzas. No mention of the pasta dishes.

Just ate there this week and it was as good as the last time we were there (2022). Pizza was great and service was good, too.

Thanks, that’s good to know. We’ve only gone there the last few years & like to split a salad, pizza & spaghetti. I’m getting nervous about our adr in a few weeks so good to hear positive reports.

It sucked last time I went. I won't go again. Pizza was just not good. Doughy. Maybe it was an off night. It was great 5 years ago

Last edited:
I had a few excellent tasting CS meals last week, but ya, they are cutting every single corner they can. Twice if possible. It will only continue if something doesn't happen. I didn't realize there were some CS spots in the parks that you couldn't get a refill on your drink. That one got to me. Can't imagine that during the terrible heat of summer.

It sucked last time I went. I won't go again. Pizza was just not good. Doughy. Maybe it was an off night. It was great 5 years ago
We have eaten there three times: Apr 2022, Dec 2022 and then most recently Nov 2023. The first two times it was great. This past November the pizza was doughy and underdone. We're planning on eating there again this April but we think we'll request it to be cooked a little longer if possible.

I hope it's just a one off. My tradition is my first dinner is Via Napoli. I missed it the last time becuase I couldn't book it. I am doing it this April. I don't go for the pizza tho, I am looking at the pasta dishes.

I had a few excellent tasting CS meals last week, but ya, they are cutting every single corner they can. Twice if possible. It will only continue if something doesn't happen. I didn't realize there were some CS spots in the parks that you couldn't get a refill on your drink. That one got to me. Can't imagine that during the terrible heat of summer.
WHERE???

I didn’t know you could get a refill at counter service locations that didn’t have self service beverages. That being said we always get a few free cups of water per person so I guess I didn’t need to know.

I didn’t know you could get a refill at counter service locations that didn’t have self service beverages. That being said we always get a few free cups of water per person so I guess I didn’t need to know.
I was thinking all of the CS locations had the refills for you to personally use. I was wrong. Odd how some did, some didn't.

Wife and I ate there last week. I agree about the pepperoni pizza. Very bland tasting pepperoni and no sauce on the pizza. Very doughy and undercooked too. I realize that it's not top tier pizza to begin with, but it had really gone downhill since our last meal there, a little over a year ago.

We were not offered refills on our drinks either. We had to ask. We saw this in quite a few Disney restaurants this trip as well. Definitely a change from the past.

We were not offered refills on our drinks either. We had to ask.
That was our experience there as well. In fact, service was very poor compared to our prior two visits. Our server also forgot to ask if we had discounts and it was our first meal of the trip so I was out of practice mentioning the AP discount...we're planning on giving it another try in April but we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter