Very upset - Different discounts in Germany than in all other countries

Nah, I'm not offended that DLRP thinks that I and 82 million other people (most of whom speak quite good English) are too stupid to understand the concept of '3 nights for the price of 2'..... :rotfl:

My feelings are not hurt, but I do wonder if they really think that from a marketing perspective. The outcome of this meeting will be quite interesting, if only to read what the explanation will be.

(The explanation I posted earlier was sent to several Germans via email ie that we didn't understand the offers)

Hi,

as the author of the thread you mentioned here I just wanted to drop a line and ask all germans here - and of course all those people who feel concerned about it - for their support for this meeting.

If you should have any issues that you would like to see addressed feel free to send me an eMail to dlrp@disneyparks.de or just show up at the date of the event on October 5th at 1400. The final location is still to be announced. So be sure to check the thread again in the next weeks.

And if there should be any questions about it - just ask them!

Cheers,
Flounder

The meeting takes place in the "Music Room" in the Cafe Fantasia (Disneyland Hotel) on October 5th at 1400 h. So please feel free to join - as long as you're interested in the special german issues discussed here. Or send me an eMail with your suggestions ... dlrp@disneyparks.de ...

Cheers,
Flounder

Marcus.ka, Bavaria, and all....

I feel your pain 100%.... I just booked a DLRP trip for my family, and on the american part of the site, I can't add Eurostar Disney Express. Not that its a big deal, but americans just can't book this on the site. I had to book the eurostar from London seperately (at least I found the disney direct train).

This problem is much larger than just DLRP......
Try to book a Florida WDW vacation. Its like a war! You must reallly fight to get the resort you want, booking months in advance, book ADR advanced dinner reservations months in advance... its amazing what us DISers put up with. This is also why so many defect to Universal in Florida.

The funny thing is, I have just become a EuropaPark convert myself, and I am not even close to Germany (I live in Ohio). Back when air tickets were cheaper, I could go right online @ Europapark website and book onsite only 1 month in advance, and get airtickets shortly after + rental car or train tickets. 3 days @ EuropaPark onsite, 4 more days exploring the Black Forest, having a fantastic week in the Baden sun! And the whole thing (even with airfare) is still half the price of a 7 day WDW package!

Back to what we all take for granted! Did I mention that all resort guests @ Europapark ALL get character breakfast each and every day, free of charge!
Extra park hours through the rear hotel entrance each and every day!

Don't worry, I will continue to visit Disney parks, I am going to DLRP next month, but I am a definate Europapark convert. I am scared to death to visit another great German theme park Phantasialand, I may get converted to the new generation German theme parks for life! They really got the themeing and magic figured out there.

At the same time, I would hate to see thousands of people flying over to this place. As soon as it gets popular outside the EU, it will then begin to suffer from the same problems as all the Disney parks worldwide. I should keep my mouth shut and keep EuropaPark a secret!

I am dissapointed now but I think this will pass by. But the first thing that I did after this call was to book the EuropaPark for the end of September. This time not my favourite Hotel Colosseo but the new one Santa Isabela.

But no panic we are also thinking about a DLRP trip this year. ;)

I should keep my mouth shut and keep EuropaPark a secret!

I know - I regret what I just posted on that 'other' thread - let's keep it to ourselves! :rotfl: We certainly don't need hoardes of miserable readers coming with their pitchforks expecting to create havoc at EuropaPark!

EP and Disney parks are so different; what I do find interesting is that EP has managed to expand so quickly while continuing to maintain a very high standard of quality, while Disney seems to struggle to do so (although DLRP does better than WDW at this)

Sent you a PM!!! :)

Oh, I am also trying to find a way to squeeze an EP trip in for either Hallowe'en or Christmas this year in my very busy travel schedule - I went to the Hallowe'en last year which was amazing, but would like to try for the holiday season this year.

The meeting with the team from DLRP was yesterday but there are no news in the German board now. I can't wait...

As I already posted in another thread. The meeting did take place and Disney was very open minded but in the end they will stick to it, and Germany will be the only country were they will not have special offers for Spring 2009.
And the result will be that the number of German visitors will decrease even more. :mad: :rolleyes:

As I already posted in another thread. The meeting did take place and Disney was very open minded but in the end they will stick to it, and Germany will be the only country were they will not have special offers for Spring 2009.
And the result will be that the number of German visitors will decrease even more. :mad: :rolleyes:

Like others I cannot understand managements policy here :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter