Very upset - Different discounts in Germany than in all other countries

Well at least you got a phone call even if it did not contain good news.

There must be away around this for our German friends, could bookings be made via a Travel Agency in a European country receving the discounts?

Lets hope Euro Disney reviews this sooner rather than later other wise Germany might be a market lost forever.

marcus what a lukewarm response. I too am now taking much of my time and money and putting in to EuropaPark. I had a lovely albeit it warm stay at the Hotel Coleseo a few weeks ago (you didn't tell me about the lavender!) :)

I am dissapointed now but I think this will pass by. But the first thing that I did after this call was to book the EuropaPark for the end of September. This time not my favourite Hotel Colosseo but the new one Santa Isabela.

But no panic we are also thinking about a DLRP trip this year. ;)

I think that you will enjoy the Santa Isabela - I would like to stay there again next time.

I too may be back at DLRP before long (I was there just last week) but agree that it is extremely frustrating. I called from Paris to book my room the day before and when they asked from where I was calling, I said 'France' and did the booking in French.

One less 'German' for their records! ;)

I am sorry to hear what i had been told was true, we dont get many offers in Italy either for the same reason.
Hopefully they will think twice and realize how silly this is!!!

Hopefully they will think twice and realize how silly this is!!!
I don't think so.
It is the same with many electronic goods that are at the same $ and £ selling price. Effectively meaning those paying in ££ paying double. Companies have always discriminated in markets where they think consumers will pay higher prices :sad2:

I too may be back at DLRP before long (I was there just last week) but agree that it is extremely frustrating. I called from Paris to book my room the day before and when they asked from where I was calling, I said 'France' and did the booking in French.

One less 'German' for their records! ;)
Good call :thumbsup2

I don't think so.
It is the same with many electronic goods that are at the same $ and £ selling price. Effectively meaning those paying in ££ paying double. Companies have always discriminated in markets where they think consumers will pay higher prices :sad2:

I have never thought of it this way before but think you are right :sad2:

Me either. But a friend of mine told me exactly the same. And I think he and Reid are true.

I hope that it is alright that I post this link as it is very interesting news about this very topic

http://www.wdworld.de/viewtopic.php?p=46335#46335

Wie Ihr sicherlich mitbekommen habt, wurde in der Vergangenheit hier - und auch in anderen Foren - über das Thema "Fehlende Angebote für deutsche Besucher des Disneyland Resort Paris" ausgiebig diskutiert. Das haben wir zum Anlaß genommen und den direkten Kontakt mit der Walt Disney Company gesucht. Nachdem dieser Versuch von Erfolg gekrönt war, hat man uns nun die Möglichkeit geboten, am 5. Oktober 2008 gegen voraussichtlich 14.00 h im Disneyland Resort Paris mit einem Mitarbeiter aus dem Hause Disney über diese Problematik zu sprechen. Der genaue Ort wird noch bestimmt.

Basically, it says that in the past on that forum as well as others there was a discussion about the lack of offers for German visitors to DLRP. After efforts were made to have contact with the Walt Disney Company, on the 5th October at 1400hrs there will be an opportunity to discuss this topic with an employee of Disney. The exact location is not yet determined.

I don't know how I ended up at that link as I accidentally clicked on something yesterday, but I found a thread saying that the 'official' response several Germans had received from DLRP via email was that the German offers were pulled because the Germans 'did not understand them'.

Of course that response resulted in some outcry that we are apparently not as clever as the rest of you and cannot decipher the meaning of 'three nights for the price of two nights' etc. :mad:

I don't know how I ended up at that link as I accidentally clicked on something yesterday, but I found a thread saying that the 'official' response several Germans had received from DLRP via email was that the German offers were pulled because the Germans 'did not understand them'.

Of course that response resulted in some outcry that we are apparently not as clever as the rest of you and cannot decipher the meaning of 'three nights for the price of two nights' etc. :mad:

I would be very irritated, too. As a shareholder, I AM irritated that customers aren't treated equally.

I didn't read this whole thread but I have a question as an American outsider looking in to European relationships. My impression has always been that there is no love lost between the Germans and the French. Could that be what's really behind the lack of offeres from DLP?

Of course, I also had the feeling that there was no love lost between the French and the English, and the UK seems to be getting the deal offers...

I didn't read this whole thread but I have a question as an American outsider looking in to European relationships. My impression has always been that there is no love lost between the Germans and the French. Could that be what's really behind the lack of offeres from DLP?

Of course, I also had the feeling that there was no love lost between the French and the English, and the UK seems to be getting the deal offers...
Any speculation over what nations think of each other is not for the DLP board. Any discussions on this should be taken in private or on another board.

Please remember the posting rule sticky at the top of the board :thumbsup2

There are places in Germany where one can take the train to Paris for 29 Euros, in 3 hours or less with no connection required. Amazingly, DLRP does not consider us a decent feeder market (I took the train from Köln to Paris for the weekend a few weeks ago, for I believe 49 Euros in First class, which took 3 hours)

I might understand if they thought that the Baden-Württemberg market was not worthwhile to target as they have Europa-Park, but one would think that other areas such as Köln which are so close and easy to reach would at least have some target marketing.

Wow this is great news, and it shows again that "even the smallest person can change the course of the future" (Lord of the Rings)

I am glad that I did my part for that.
But I doubt that they will receive another answer than I received.
But maybe Disney will rethink what they offer for the next season.

I hope that it is alright that I post this link as it is very interesting news about this very topic

http://www.wdworld.de/viewtopic.php?p=46335#46335

Basically, it says that in the past on that forum as well as others there was a discussion about the lack of offers for German visitors to DLRP. After efforts were made to have contact with the Walt Disney Company, on the 5th October at 1400hrs there will be an opportunity to discuss this topic with an employee of Disney. The exact location is not yet determined.

Hi,

as the author of the thread you mentioned here I just wanted to drop a line and ask all germans here - and of course all those people who feel concerned about it - for their support for this meeting.

If you should have any issues that you would like to see addressed feel free to send me an eMail to dlrp@disneyparks.de or just show up at the date of the event on October 5th at 1400. The final location is still to be announced. So be sure to check the thread again in the next weeks.

And if there should be any questions about it - just ask them!

Cheers,
Flounder

Flounder, nice to 'meet' you! I wish that I were available for that meeting but my travel schedule has me in another part of the world during that time frame. I think that both marcus.ka and I have expressed our disappointment here that no only are the offers not made, but the reasons why are frankly insulting. Thank you for taking the initiative, and hopefully we will have results and this is not just an appeasement meeting.

I also found a message on my non-German cel phone last night from DLRP which I accidentally deleted, so I now have no idea if it was in reference to this or to my hotel bookings which they mangled earlier this year.

Flounder I hope you'll post an update here about how the campaign progresses :)

Any speculation over what nations think of each other is not for the DLP board. Any discussions on this should be taken in private or on another board.

Please remember the posting rule sticky at the top of the board :thumbsup2

Sorry, I was more concerned in thinking that my beloved Disney could follow such thinking in their marketing approach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter