VERY inexpensive transportation to/from WDW/Universal/SeaWorld!

RhondaS

DIS Veteran
http://www.golynx.com LYNX - Orlando's Public Transportation System

I filled out a form on their website yesterday, asking how one would get to Universal from Walt Disney World on the LYNX busses.

Well folks, how does LESS THAN $2.50 per person/roundtrip sound? This looks to be a great and very inexpensive alternative to Mears shuttles, rental cars or taxis.

Here is the very pleasant response I recieved just a few minutes ago.

Welcome to Orlando! I hope you'll have a great time. And yes, Lynx can get you from Disney to Universal. Lynx buses are safe, comfortable and VERY inexpensive (unlike just about anything else in vacationland here). The trip is a little complicated, but I'll detail below everything you need to know to get there:

1. Take Disney's free transportation service from your hotel to the Disney Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC).

2. At the TTC, board Lynx's route #50 (at :05 and :35 past each hour). Deposit $1.10 for each fare in exact monies (bills and/or coins) and ask for "transfers". You'll have a 15 - 20 minute trip to Seaworld.

3. Get off the #50 at Seaworld and wait for link (route) #8. As you board #8, give the transfers and tell the driver that you'll transfer again at Wet 'N Wild. The driver will punch and return your transfer to you. You'll have about a 15 -minute ride from Seaworld up to Wet 'N Wild.

4. At Wet 'N Wild, get off #8 somewhere around International Dr./Universal Blvd. and walk to the Lynx bus stop ON Universal Blvd. next to the Wet 'N Wild parking lot. Transfer there to . . . .

5. Link #21 which will zip you up into U-Stu's main entrance in less than 5 minutes. As you board, just give your transfer to the driver.

Watch your time on the return trip because the last #50 from SEAWORLD back to TTC is at 9:39 PM (Mon. - Sat.).

Also, check our web site under the fares/routes/maps icon and scroll to the links mentioned above to view days and times. Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey, I am.

I know this option isn't for everyone. I was just hoping this would help out some. :D

Lynx is cheap, but it is also slow, like most public bus systems.

Otherwise, I hear RhondaS and Robin will be pulling rickshaws back and forth between the parks. :)

Very interesting and good information. Surely cheap, but it may be extremely frustrating...

Wait on bus at resort - 10min, ride to mk - 10min, walk to monorail - 5min, wait on monorail - 5min, ride to ttc - 5min, wait on bus - 15min (30 minutes cycles, so that is an average) ride to seaworld - 20min, wait on bus at seaworld - 15min, ride to WnW - 15min, wait on bus -10min, ride to UO - 5min. Not sure what "main entrance" it drops you off at, but there may be a healthy walk to the theme park from there.

You are probably looking at about 2 hours each way, for a total round trip travel of 4 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter