VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

We are heading to Vero Beach Oct 5-8, 2016! This is our first visit to the resort so I am quite excited, it looks beautiful. We have never been to Florida in Oct and I am wondering what the weather may be like. Is there any chance we will be able to swim in the ocean? Does anyone snorkel in this area? We are complete newbies...as you can tell :thanks:

We are heading to Vero Beach Oct 5-8, 2016! This is our first visit to the resort so I am quite excited, it looks beautiful. We have never been to Florida in Oct and I am wondering what the weather may be like. Is there any chance we will be able to swim in the ocean? Does anyone snorkel in this area? We are complete newbies...as you can tell :thanks:
Early October is hot still! You DEFINATELY:banana: should be able to swim. ENJOY, beautiful time of year!:beach::beach:

Is there a way to make room requests? I'd really love one of the newly refurbished rooms in may
When you make your reservation you can ask to have them add request notes. You can say "request newly refurbished room". If you have already made your reservation, call back and have your request added. No guarantees of course, but it's worth a try.

That is a loooong rehab......Any idea how much of the Inn will be out of inventory at any one time?? I am so anxious about maybe not being able to land in a direct ocean view room on the third or fourth floor in the beginning of April
In the main inn building they are renovating one floor at a time. They started on the third floor on February 5. So if you request that floor you should have a good chance by April I would think.

Does anyone know if any of the other buildings are currently under renovation?

I have heard in other reports that one floor of the Inn in now completed and building 14 is no longer blocked off. If anyone is onsite and could give an update that would be great

I have heard in other reports that one floor of the Inn in now completed and building 14 is no longer blocked off. If anyone is onsite and could give an update that would be great
We will be checking in on Sunday (so excited) and can check if there are no responses to this question. :)

Hi all! Does anyone have the VB wallpaper that DVC sent out a while back with Crush from Finding Nemo in the ocean and Vero in the background? I used to have it but can't find it anywhere.

Hi all! Does anyone have the VB wallpaper that DVC sent out a while back with Crush from Finding Nemo in the ocean and Vero in the background? I used to have it but can't find it anywhere.
I have the original email of that (and do use it as my own screensaver), but I can't figure out how to attach it for you here in a way that the links would still work - if you are comfortable giving me an email to send it to, I will be happy to forward it to you

If you heard that one floor of the Inn building is complete, that means the third floor is complete. Looks like it took slightly less than 5 weeks, because the work began on that floor on February 5th. So it sounds like they are doing very well! I can't wait to see my new room when I go back next February!

We are here at VB now. We checked in on Wednesday and have a newly renovated OVIR on the 3rd floor. The second floor has been closed since we arrived and they are preparing to reopen. The green cabin room has only been open in the evening for drinks. The other day, building 12 looked closed off, at least partially due to work. The spa relocated to cottage 1250, but is scheduled to move back either today or tomorrow. They are working so hard to get this done and I've heard they may reopen rooms and stop the refurbishment so they can get to full occupancy for Easter. We've been told it is at about 60% currently.

We are here at VB now. We checked in on Wednesday and have a newly renovated OVIR on the 3rd floor. The second floor has been closed since we arrived and they are preparing to reopen. The green cabin room has only been open in the evening for drinks. The other day, building 12 looked closed off, at least partially due to work. The spa relocated to cottage 1250, but is scheduled to move back either today or tomorrow. They are working so hard to get this done and I've heard they may reopen rooms and stop the refurbishment so they can get to full occupancy for Easter. We've been told it is at about 60% currently.
We would love a picture of a renovated room.

We arrived yesterday and are staying in a garden view inn room. Our room is newly renovated and we were told when we checked in that we were the first to stay in the refurbished room.

I took a bunch of pictures but they are on my camera. I will try to post them when I can get back home and transfer them to my computer.

Overall I think the room looks great!

Hi. We checked in yesterday - we are in building 12. Third floor. They are working in the building during the day, couple of rooms seem to be blocked off on the third floor and there is a staging area outside behind trees between the North lawn and A1A. The noise isn't too bad - a fellow was using something that sounded like loud buzzy industrial lawn equipment in the courtyard/stairway/elevator access area but the sound didn't carry into our room. They are also re-doing some of the exterior.
The room we are in is not refurbished - but looks like heaven anyway to these eyes from Ontario :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter