VDH Opening

Well that is another bummer. I feel like we’ve been waiting so long to purchase VDH points, and Disney is killing us on the starting price of $230, the MFs, the parking and the TOTs. I’m going to guess that the incentives won’t be great either and that will just end things for me. But the FOMO is real!

Well that is another bummer. I feel like we’ve been waiting so long to purchase VDH points, and Disney is killing us on the starting price of $230, the MFs, the parking and the TOTs. I’m going to guess that the incentives won’t be great either and that will just end things for me. But the FOMO is real!
They might be great, but they might just start at 200 points. lol

I may be on the resale bandwagon, but we'll see how it goes. ;)

I definitely believe the target audience for VDH is those who live west of rockies, those who go to DL on a regular basis. I'm sure if we lived on the east coast, and were WDW people, we'd be grumpy about VDH too!
We're East Coasters, but are planning to buy a small contract with enough points to stay at VDH for one week every 3 years. Unlike most, we prefer the DLH to GCV. Since staying onsite is important to us, we think it's still worth it.

Last edited:

Assuming the following room count breakdown:
  • 15 SV Duo
  • 17 PV Duo
  • 4 Gar Duo
  • 75 SV Deluxe
  • 170 PV Deluxe
  • 4 Gar Deluxe
  • 1 1BR
  • 20 2BR dedicated
  • 18 2BR lock-off
  • 2 Grand Villas
And the full 2024 points chart, there will be 3,264,690 points in 2024 without any lock-off splitting. 3,286,128 after full lock-off splitting.

So probably 3.25Mil points on a non-Leap Year?

Assuming the following room count breakdown:
  • 15 SV Duo
  • 17 PV Duo
  • 4 Gar Duo
  • 75 SV Deluxe
  • 170 PV Deluxe
  • 4 Gar Deluxe
  • 1 1BR
  • 20 2BR dedicated
  • 18 2BR lock-off
  • 2 Grand Villas
And the full 2024 points chart, there will be 3,264,690 points in 2024 without any lock-off splitting. 3,286,128 after full lock-off splitting.

So probably 3.25Mil points on a non-Leap Year?
Wow there is only 1 1BR!?

They want you to book a 2 br 🙄😉
I'm.. actually okay with that.. 1BRs always have the lowest demand because most people if their group is 4-5 would rather save the points and just book the studio as opposed to the 1BR and if they really need the space they upgrade to the 2BR anyways.

There are 18 2BR lock-offs. Each of these is a potential 1BR.
Was gonna say. There may be a single dedicated 1BR, but there obviously has to be an additional 18 1BR's to create the lock-offs. Of course everyone on here says they hate 1BR's, they are a terrible waste of points, and they don't sleep more than a studio (occasionally less, see BRV), so DVC is never gonna win on that front.

Reactions: ehh
I've fallen behind a bit.. Do we have a date for when we can book with points if we aren't buying in yet? Plan on giving it a fair shot late 23 early 24 with some of my direct points.

Was gonna say. There may be a single dedicated 1BR, but there obviously has to be an additional 18 1BR's to create the lock-offs. Of course everyone on here says they hate 1BR's, they are a terrible waste of points, and they don't sleep more than a studio (occasionally less, see BRV), so DVC is never gonna win on that front.
VGC 1BR is my favorite villa in all of DVC. It feels like Penthouse Suite, inside DCA for my family of 4.

Thank you! Not feeling great about getting something in November then!
I would think there should be lots of availability, but i guess not if all the rooms aren’t bookable as DVC rooms.? (If many are set aside for cash?)

I would think there should be lots of availability, but i guess not if all the rooms aren’t bookable as DVC rooms.? (If many are set aside for cash?)
I hope you're right but I'm not going to be too optimistic given that people buying in and people paying cash will have a couple months to book before the rest of us will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter