VDH Opening

But then at that point, what about Grizzly River Run? And that whole area flows into the Grand Cal theming. I just think it would be awful personally. I also like how both coasts are different. I want to see different attractions/theming at each. Some overlap ok, but I think they’d be forcing it to fit Avatar into California Adventure. I like the remaining California theming that exists. But IP is getting very popular…
Oh, I completely agree. I don’t want them to touch any of the areas around Grand Cal.

But then at that point, what about Grizzly River Run? And that whole area flows into the Grand Cal theming. I just think it would be awful personally. I also like how both coasts are different. I want to see different attractions/theming at each. Some overlap ok, but I think they’d be forcing it to fit Avatar into California Adventure. I like the remaining California theming that exists. But IP is getting very popular…

I worry they could re-theme Grizzly River Run too. But I've never seen Avatar so I have no idea how they could do it. And I'm certainly not going to give them any ideas...ha!

Oh, I completely agree. I don’t want them to touch any of the areas around Grand Cal.
I worry they could re-theme Grizzly River Run too. But I've never seen Avatar so I have no idea how they could do it. And I'm certainly not going to give them any ideas...ha!
It is possible, & would fit nicely (having the indoor area as well), but man I hope they don't do it there, ruining that redwood vibe pains me.!!
Not sure i like the idea of tearing down the Hollywood area either.

Critter Country on the other hand.... J/K

The only way it doesn't give me anxiety is if its a part of DisneyForward and they put it in the parking lot by Paradise Pier. ;)

It is possible, & would fit nicely (having the indoor area as well), but man I hope they don't do it there, ruining that redwood vibe pains me.!!
Not sure i like the idea of tearing down the Hollywood area either.

Critter Country on the other hand.... J/K

The only way it doesn't give me anxiety is if its a part of DisneyForward and they put it in the parking lot by Paradise Pier. ;)
I agree. I just love that whole redwood area. That’s where I like to go to relax and get out of the crowds/sun. Especially that path that runs behind grizzly river is so tranquil.

When do they usually release the POS? Can we access it online anywhere?

It will Definitely be available by the time sales start. I am not sure if there is a way to access online via DVD, or the links we have available to use are ones that someone created once they found it after it has been submitted.

We are still onboard. We own resale at BWV and got a decent deal during Covid. I would like to have a direct contract but not really interested in Riviera, VGF2, Aulani, or Poly2. We only need a studio, since it’s inky 3 of us and soon to mostly be just 2. We’re in Texas, so either coast is accessible. We love staying at DLH. Husband won’t stay anywhere else anymore. We’ve stayed offsite. It’s either a slog with a nice hotel or a not that great to downright bad place with a short walk. I think $150 to get the full direct benefits makes sense for us.

That's a beautiful area of the park, I hope it stays unchanged. As much as I and the kids enjoy Mike and Sully, Hollywood land is an under utilized space. I do enjoy California Adventure, but it definitely doesn't have the compactness of Disneyland where there is something around every corner. My guess is they do some rearranging at Tomorrowland. Tear out the Launch Bay, Pizza Planet and shoe horn something in there. Enjoy the lounge while you can!

VDH is still closer to the gate than anything in WDW.
Not the same. Everything is close in DLR than WDW.
But DL has, reportedly, the same number of attractions as all four WDW parks combined. Or something really close to that. I'm sure someone will correct me.
Exactly.
WDW has 2-3 signature rides per park
DLR has 2 signature rides PER LAND

When there's one ride down in WDW; it blows up the entire park on wait times due to not enough density. This is mitigated by the much larger availability of attractions at WDW and experience that WDW offers. It's very much a difference experience between the two.

We love both. Spent WDW 8 days there early this month. Going to DLR tomorrow for a quick day trip to close out Food and Wine.

We are still onboard. We own resale at BWV and got a decent deal during Covid. I would like to have a direct contract but not really interested in Riviera, VGF2, Aulani, or Poly2. We only need a studio, since it’s inky 3 of us and soon to mostly be just 2. We’re in Texas, so either coast is accessible. We love staying at DLH. Husband won’t stay anywhere else anymore. We’ve stayed offsite. It’s either a slog with a nice hotel or a not that great to downright bad place with a short walk. I think $150 to get the full direct benefits makes sense for us.
What is the $150?

Member purchases start May 2 and can start booking May 16. Becoming a new member purchase starts May 30. All others to use qualified points and book is July 27.
I feel like that is probably very obviously written somewhere had I lifted a finger to look. Haha! Thanks

. Wasn't this the same feeling for VGC when it first opened and for the first 5 or so years? Just wondering if the math today doesn't add up but the math tomorrow (pick your year) makes better sense. Disney has looked at this for the life of the product including what happens after 49 years. Today is merely a starting point. I wonder in 10-15 years time if we'll be "gosh should've bought in to that property when...".

And the target audience is likely new and upcoming families who aren't as well researched as the folks on this board. And these new future families are likely in grade school at the moment. I'd like to think the folks on our boards are at the far right of the bell curve on all things DVC (info and perhaps age).

Don't get me wrong, my head is in the today and now space but I remember passing up on direct VGC years ago having this feeling I'm having today.

Sigh.....
No, I do not recall anything like those thoughts for VGC. The pricing was identical to WDW resorts selling at the time and GC hotel prices were perhaps the highest of Disney resorts or at least equivalent to GF and YC. The main issue with VGC was lack of audience to purchase. I'm certain that's changed a bit but how much I don't know. As the 1st DVC product on the west coast there weren't a lot of owners there to have a strong interest base. Even DVC recognized that and just dipped their toes into the timeshare market. In addition the most typical DL visitor didn't plan 11 months or even 7 months out. They were also very used to staying in the nearby hotels - a few that were closer to both gates than even VGC and the prevailing thought was there was no need to stay in a Disney hotel as there really wasn't a bubble, or at least a enough of a bubble for them to care about. Also at the time most tickets allowed some early entry to the parks so there wasn't that onsite perk although DL has now changed that.

After processing the info and my emotions for the past 3 days, I’ve decided that we are out. VDH FOMO was my biggest driver since I have enough VGC points and don’t really need more points in Anaheim. With the added costs of TOT and possibly daily parking, I think more VDH owners will look to exchange their points at 7 months, much more than VGC. I think 7 month availability for the preferred Deluxe Studios will be there so I’m good trying to use my direct CCV points there. I mean, that’s why we buy direct right? To be able to stay at Riviera and future resorts? I know the cost proposition for VDH seems ridiculously high right now. But I think it will feel like a great deal in 10-15 years, kinda like how VGC is today. I’m happy and excited for everyone planning to buy at VDH. Aloha!

After processing the info and my emotions for the past 3 days, I’ve decided that we are out. VDH FOMO was my biggest driver since I have enough VGC points and don’t really need more points in Anaheim. With the added costs of TOT and possibly daily parking, I think more VDH owners will look to exchange their points at 7 months, much more than VGC. I think 7 month availability for the preferred Deluxe Studios will be there so I’m good trying to use my direct CCV points there. I mean, that’s why we buy direct right? To be able to stay at Riviera and future resorts? I know the cost proposition for VDH seems ridiculously high right now. But I think it will feel like a great deal in 10-15 years, kinda like how VGC is today. I’m happy and excited for everyone planning to buy at VDH. Aloha!
You can always take that money and buy somewhere in Fullerton 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter