VDH Opening

Finding 33k+ buyers within 3 years.
3 years might not be the expected/hoped-for horizon. They aren't going to build another one and have it ready for sale by then--there is no room. They might be willing to stretch it out some, renting breakage in the meantime, to get a better overall return on the property.

No one would be talking about the Tax if it were just built in. Just sayin'.
But they would be taking a lot about a maintenance fee of at least $11.80 pp which would make VDH the highest resort excluding unsubsidized Vero Beach. That fee would be even higher if parking were included! And that for what is arguably the least feature rich resort DVC has built. No grounds to speak of, one tiny plain pool, simple lobby, basic tower on small plot of land. It’s not surprising that taxes and parking in Anaheim are expensive, it’s surprising that DVC had to exclude those to arrive at an annual maintenance number that isn’t completely unreasonable! This property makes no sense.

I wonder how long it will take before VDH appears on the resale market once they start active sales? I know people don't buy in thinking they will sale at a later date, but with resale restrictions (no surprise there), high dues and ToT, that's got to impact what one can expect to sell it for on the resale market. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would steer clear of it for that reason alone.

I maintain that there is a Disney bubble in Anaheim... And that DLH and VDH exist outside if it. Only the Grand keeps you in the bubble.
Being able to take the monorail from Tomorrowland to your resort is a pretty good way to stay in the bubble. You don’t even have to exit the park! But I agree VGC is closer and feels like a part of DCA.

Bay Lake Tower to me seems like the closest Florida analog to VDH. Similar plain styling in a basic tower connected by monorail. Walking distance to Disneyland/Magic Kingdom. Their current annual maintenance fee is $7.43 pp!!

Bay Lake Tower to me seems like the closest Florida analog to VDH. Similar plain styling in a basic tower connected by monorail. Walking distance to Disneyland/Magic Kingdom. Their current annual maintenance fee is $7.43 pp!!
Yeah but it’s in FL. Everything here in CA costs more. DL is also smaller with a huge amount of very affluent Disney fans within driving distance for DL that make a trip there every year or several times a year, so I think the customer base is very large for people who will be interested in purchasing there.

I wonder how long it will take before VDH appears on the resale market once they start active sales? I know people don't buy in thinking they will sale at a later date, but with resale restrictions (no surprise there), high dues and ToT, that's got to impact what one can expect to sell it for on the resale market. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would steer clear of it for that reason alone.
Riviera took about a year to get its first contract. If memory serves they wanted nearly the price you could buy that many point for direct at the time, like $160, and I think they got it. But a few years later Riviera has fallen from similar to (then) VGF prices to similar to BCV prices, and frankly still falling - I think it will be at least another year until we really know where Riviera slots in. So for VDH it will probably be 5 years.

I anticipate resale to be expensive at first with very little supply and the sellers almost certainly underwater on the loans and needing to get huge amounts of cash. But, like riviera, it will drop.

Dang, I miss Josh! 😢

But they would be taking a lot about a maintenance fee of at least $11.80 pp which would make VDH the highest resort excluding unsubsidized Vero Beach. That fee would be even higher if parking were included! And that for what is arguably the least feature rich resort DVC has built. No grounds to speak of, one tiny plain pool, simple lobby, basic tower on small plot of land. It’s not surprising that taxes and parking in Anaheim are expensive, it’s surprising that DVC had to exclude those to arrive at an annual maintenance number that isn’t completely unreasonable! This property makes no sense.

There's just the 1 pool on the DVC side but I assume they can also use the monorail pool area, right?

FYI my guide said if this sells well, they have plans to add another tower or two. I have no freaking idea where, but that’s what he said for what that’s worth. He’s been right on the money with everything else he said thought, so there’s that.
Guide starting to sound like a Used Autopia Car Salesperson. The way they currently roll, it will be the Frontier Tower followed by the Fantasy Tower 😂.

Resale is going to be great one day. So will renting- easy to justify. Just pass on tax and parking.

Perhaps Aulani brings up west coast demand and brought out the bills. Availability is much lower at Aulani.

Price will likely drop. Starting off high will lead "torn" people to say no thanks, buy their second choice. Then VDH goes on a fire sale for awhile and same aforementioned people will get addonitis around then. Yay, best of both worlds and pockets.

100 point buy in is genius. No more calculators for first timers. Just trust your own math and go with emotion. This is going to be a highly emotional sale

Converting Disneyland Hotel, which has extremely high occupancy at extremely high prices, is different from converting GF, which had mediocre occupancy at extremely high prices, and frankly needed to shed rooms. I don’t see that as particularly likely.

I think it is far more likely Disney would just buy something nearby, or build on the land they have proposed for Disneyland Forward, or on the Pumbaa lot. It’s not as impossible as some suggest, especially with timeshare margins.

I maintain that there is a Disney bubble in Anaheim... And that DLH and VDH exist outside if it. Only the Grand keeps you in the bubble.
I look at it like GC is “in the park” and DLH is “in the bubble.” If you stay until DLand closes, you have to walk back through DD for both (monorail is closed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter