Vanessa- figmentfan814 ~ Happily Ever Wedding & 10th Anniversary VR Brunch #1 Added 8-10

Great Update!

So much pixie dust came your way!

I had to control myself and forced myself to wait to buy into DVC as well.

Of course, the Grand Cali villas are not for sale yet, so that certainly helped, but it is very difficult not to do it when you see those beautiful rooms!

Great update Vanessa! It sounds like you had a fun day and lots of fun meeting up with other brides!

Vanessa,

Wonderful update. I'm always a little behind. How awesome you were given the extra fast passes, right for something you wanted, each time! And meeting another disbride, how fun is that?! It was so nice you were able to have this extra time at Disney. :goodvibes

Yea! The post I have been waiting for! I didn't realize that I looked that bad without makeup...dang the airlines for loosing my luggage! I was so glad that I got to meet up with you that day. As Humphrey would say "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" :hug:
I didn't know that you guys were wanting to ride Buzz that day...how perfect with all the long lines! Gotta love the Disney magic...even when it come from another Diz bride and not the CM's!
Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday and I had quite a bit of down time from it :sad2:
This is definitely my favorite post yet...I'm not biased or anything! :rotfl:
Oh yes and one more thing so the girls don't think I'm terrible. I was to go on my husbands business trip with him to California and at the last minute 9after I had already put in for vacation and couldn't take my time back) his work said that I couldn't come anymore. So, what else to do but grab my Momma and head out for a girls trip to the world!

Anna Marie

Darling Vanessa,
I tried to PM you back...but your box is full. Just thought I would give you a quick shout to let you know :goodvibes

Anna Marie

Great Update!

So much pixie dust came your way!

I had to control myself and forced myself to wait to buy into DVC as well.

Of course, the Grand Cali villas are not for sale yet, so that certainly helped, but it is very difficult not to do it when you see those beautiful rooms!
I think that's the hardest thing I've ever had to say no to buying :rotfl: Villas at the Grand Californian sound great; I loved that hotel- especially being able to walk right into the park!

Great update Vanessa! It sounds like you had a fun day and lots of fun meeting up with other brides!
It was so neat to recognize people as we were walking around the parks :earsgirl:

Vanessa,

Wonderful update. I'm always a little behind. How awesome you were given the extra fast passes, right for something you wanted, each time! And meeting another disbride, how fun is that?! It was so nice you were able to have this extra time at Disney. :goodvibes
Don't worry I missed all last week because I was sick two days before the holiday and then after that the week got away from me :goodvibes The fastpasses were definitely great bonuses. I loved having the chance to meet other DisBrides. It would be great to go to formal meet some day.

Yea! The post I have been waiting for! I didn't realize that I looked that bad without makeup...dang the airlines for loosing my luggage! I was so glad that I got to meet up with you that day. As Humphrey would say "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" :hug:
I didn't know that you guys were wanting to ride Buzz that day...how perfect with all the long lines! Gotta love the Disney magic...even when it come from another Diz bride and not the CM's!
Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday and I had quite a bit of down time from it :sad2:
This is definitely my favorite post yet...I'm not biased or anything! :rotfl:
Oh yes and one more thing so the girls don't think I'm terrible. I was to go on my husbands business trip with him to California and at the last minute 9after I had already put in for vacation and couldn't take my time back) his work said that I couldn't come anymore. So, what else to do but grab my Momma and head out for a girls trip to the world!

Anna Marie
Darling Vanessa,
I tried to PM you back...but your box is full. Just thought I would give you a quick shout to let you know :goodvibes

Anna Marie
Don't worry I totally understand. I was sick on Monday and Tuesday of last week and we had people over to our place for Thanksgiving plus we were out of town over the weekend, so I'm way behind too. It was so great meeting you and your mom! It is amazing the people that you can run into in the World :hug: My PM box isn't full now; I finally got some messages cleared out :goodvibes

Here are the shots as we were leaving the Magic Kingdom; it was so much fun to have a few extra hours in the parks that day:
image238.jpg

image243.jpg

As we were heading towards the bus I gave my mom a call to see when her and my dad would be back at the hotel. They had been at Epcot that day with my cousin and his family watching my other cousin (a musician at Epcot) playing in Norway. My cousin who works at Disney got my other cousin and dad into the show :rotfl:
100_1035.jpg

My cousin Bob is the guitar player on the right:
100_1026.jpg

They had all ran to DD afterwards to pick up a few more things. They were waiting for a bus and weren’t sure when the next one would be arriving. I told her to keep me posted since I knew my cousin had to meet the Magical Express soon.

Once we got back at POR we pulled the car to the front building and decided to get a drink in the food court. My parents were going to ride with us to take the rental car back, so they didn’t have to mess with Magical Express. We had already checked our baggage that morning, so there wasn’t much to do except wait. Around that time I got a panicked call from my mom, they had finally headed to the boat since the buses were MIA. My cousins were supposed to have left on the Magical Express bus that left 5 minutes earlier!

I told them that I would go over to guest services to see what I could do to get things straightened out. I was kind of given a hassle by the cast member at the desk, she said that since MEARS contracted with them, there was nothing she could do for me. I told her wait a minute, I just had 50 guests stay in their hotel and my cousins were only late because the buses weren’t running on time.

Finally, she agreed to patch me through to a MEARS operator. I really couldn’t believe that they wouldn’t be able to find a place for them considering those buses run like every 10 minutes! After being on the phone for a few minutes I was able to get them another ride. The person on the phone was a little hesitate too because she said that their contract requires them to pick people up 3 hours early to guarantee their arrival before their flight. Needless to say, I wasn’t very nice on the phone, but I did get everything arranged :mad:

A few minutes later my family arrived and my cousins went out to meet the bus. My cousin joked with me because I still had my bride ears on, I said, “you wouldn’t believe the things these ears have gotten me this week!”

My parents and Kris and I then headed out too and made our way to the airport. We had no problem getting the car turned in and we ended up hitting up the Disney store one more time since we already had our boarding passes. My cousins also showed up around that time and we made our way to the AirTran terminal.

Kris’ flight to Ohio was still leaving a little bit before us, so he would be leaving in another 45 minutes. At that point it hit me that my husband was going to be going back somewhere different than where I was going home to that night. It was a sad realization. I knew it was only temporary (he still had to be at that job for a month until we went on our honeymoon to Hawaii) but it was still hard to deal with at that moment :sad1:

A little while later as I watched his plane leave it was pretty surreal. Our beautiful Disney wedding was officially over and my husband was going to be 300 miles away from me for the next month. Once he had left we discovered that our flight to Michigan was delayed by nearly 2 hours and I had no way to let him know since they were already in flight. Besides the weather in the Midwest, there had been some delays because of a suspicious bag in Atlanta or something.

We decided to get dinner in the terminal and I grabbed something at the Outback to go counter. Waiting for our flight.
100_1050.jpg

100_1053.jpg

The rest of the night and flight home was pretty uneventful. Here I am in the airport back at home around midnight. I ran into someone I knew from my time at the University of Michigan, her niece had been on our flight home. I can only imagine how much we would have spent in luggage fees if they had been in effect at that point. Between, Kris and my parents we had 8 bags total plus carry-ons! :scared1:
100_1055.jpg

So, this is the close of our Disney Fairy Tale wedding! I am so happy that I decided to have our wedding there despite the complaints of other people; it was amazing and I would not have changed anything about it!

Despite everything we had gone through that year- my car accident, his dad passing away, and problems with his family we had made it through it all and are happily married!

Stay tuned for photos from our at-home reception and the Hawaiian honeymoon!

Great update Vanessa!! I love your sweatshirt.. where did you get it?? Can't wait to see pics from the honeymoon!!!

Great update Vanessa!! I love your sweatshirt.. where did you get it?? Can't wait to see pics from the honeymoon!!!
I got it fron Disney shopping at the beginning of '08. It ran really small though and I had to ship it back to get a bigger size. It was definitely one of my favorite shirts for the trip :)

Great update! I also can't wait to see the honeymoon pictures! I bet that was a long month for the two of you!

BTW, that closeup pic of you and Kris in front of the castle shows your eyes very well. They are a really pretty color!

Aww so sad to see the wedding portion of your trip over! It was super to read all about it though. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us! I can't wait to hear about Hawaii! :goodvibes :flower3:

Great update! I also can't wait to see the honeymoon pictures! I bet that was a long month for the two of you!

BTW, that closeup pic of you and Kris in front of the castle shows your eyes very well. They are a really pretty color!
It was definitely hard to wait to be together, but in the end it worked out. We had signed for our condo the week before the wedding, so I was able to work on painting and getting other things settled which was nice. We met up one weekend in Toledo, OH for Kris' birthday and he came up to MI once too, so it helped pass the time.

Thank you so much! The color comes from my uncle :cutie:

Aww so sad to see the wedding portion of your trip over! It was super to read all about it though. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us! I can't wait to hear about Hawaii! :goodvibes :flower3:
I'm a little sad too, especially after working on it for 9 months! I figured that since I'm already planning our 1st anniversary trip that I better get the wedding report done!

Awww..can't believe it's over!! But excited for the at home reception and HAWAII!! Woo hoo!!

Awww..can't believe it's over!! But excited for the at home reception and HAWAII!! Woo hoo!!
I know I can't believe it either. I'm going to keep Hawaii and the reception down to mainly photos to make sure that it doesn't keep everyone in suspense as long :goodvibes

AWWWW...Vanessa I can't believe it's over. It's so sad. I absolutely loved your TR though. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Can't wait for more pics of Hawaii!!!!

What a great TR Vanessa!!! You know, I was there when you were there...I think. I went to Disney from the 7th to the 14th in March.

I, too, loved your trip report, Vanessa!! You did a fabulous job throughout! I have been slacking on mine and need to get busy again! My DH loves to read mine and he keeps asking when the next installment is! :rotfl:

I would like to say "Thank You" to you and Chris for sharing one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen. ( I almost feel I could say, "was invited to" -- as you made me feel like one of your invited guests :) ).

You have one of the most smilingest-- wait is that a word-- oh well to late gonna use it--- family members I have ever seen.

Patty

AWWWW...Vanessa I can't believe it's over. It's so sad. I absolutely loved your TR though. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Can't wait for more pics of Hawaii!!!!
:upsidedow It is definitely surreal to have it finished. I'm so glad that I was able to relive all these fantastic memories with all of you wonderful ladies. I have been uploading photos to Photobucket, so I will have Hawaii things up soon. I have some great things from our at-home reception too :)

What a great TR Vanessa!!! You know, I was there when you were there...I think. I went to Disney from the 7th to the 14th in March.
Thanks, I wasn't sure that I would ever get through the wedding stuff ;) There were several of us Disney brides there at that time then- we ran into 3 other brides during our trip! :bride: We were there Feb. 29-March 9. Were you already engaged at that point?

I, too, loved your trip report, Vanessa!! You did a fabulous job throughout! I have been slacking on mine and need to get busy again! My DH loves to read mine and he keeps asking when the next installment is! :rotfl:
Thank you so much, I really enjoyed going back over each and every moment of that week. I definitely agree, it's time for another installment :rolleyes1 But, I know how long it can take after all it's already been 9 months for me :guilty:

I would like to say "Thank You" to you and Chris for sharing one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen. ( I almost feel I could say, "was invited to" -- as you made me feel like one of your invited guests :) ).

You have one of the most smilingest-- wait is that a word-- oh well to late gonna use it--- family members I have ever seen.

Patty
:hug: Patty, that is so nice, thank you for your kind words. After so many months of planning it was so wonderful to see the wedding and the entire week come together, it was one of the best times of my life! I loved having the chance to share it with all of my wonderful friends here on the Dis.

Even if it's not a word, I definitely like the sound of it :)

Ok, so I know I have so been slacking on catching up. My work has me going 6 days a week with 10 hour days until Christmas and I can't find the time to do anything I WANT to do. Unfortunately I always have just enough time to finish the things I need to do. :headache:
I'm so sad that the wedding part of your report is over. :sad1: It was a beautiful journey though and I thank you for sharing it. I can't wait to see the at home reception pics! From the way you described it...it so sounds like something I would have done myself! I also can't wait for the Hawaii portion of your report...it is so beautiful there.
On one small note...I just noticed your ticker. When exactly are you going to Disney for your 1 year? My Mom and I are planning a return trip around that time and I'm so excited that we may get to see you again! Let me know :hug:

Anna Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter