Vacation Strategy/Wyndham

In addition to the New Cancellation Policy is Cancellation Protection which I posted

Below the *****************************

Deposit Fee & Cancellation Policy:

A booking deposit equal to 20% of reservation total or $150 is due at reservation (whichever is more).

Final Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given.

Cancellation Protection:

Cancellation Protection may be purchased at the time of reservation as an additional protection against last minute emergencies. Cancellation Protection will allow for cancellations 30 days or more to arrival to receive a full refund and cancellations made between 30 to 20 days to arrival will receive a full credit toward a future vacation with Vacation Strategy. Any cancellations made less than 20 days to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total.

Cancellation Protection can be purchased for $100 for 1 Bedroom units, $110 for 2 Bedroom units, $120 for 3 Bedroom units, or $130 for 4 Bedroom units.

Cancellation Protection may not be purchased after initial reservation is made and cannot be applied to reservations previously cancelled and re-booked for a similar time frame. Cancellation Protection sales are final and cannot be refunded or transferred.

Reservation Modification:
Changes to reservations including the addition/subtraction of nights, altering arrival dates or unit type, etc. must be done 20 days or moreprior to arrival and are subject to availability and an additional $99 fee. Change requests made after 3/18/2018 , cannot be honored.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns o

kmc8826 quoted "Unfortunately, with changes that Wyndham has made since June of this year there have been instances where the front desk at the resorts have not received reservation confirmation from Wyndham but the reservations were not compromised or lost. Vacation Strategy does everything that we can to ensure that our guests have a smooth and easy stay at the resorts we work with. If, upon arrival, there are any issues we urge you to give us a call. Someone is in our office 7 days a week from 9am to 11pm est excluding federal holidays."

Not sure I agree with this. When we got to WBC, they did not have our reservation and were not able to accommodate us. To me, that means our reservation was compromised or lost.

Last edited:
Since the original post, has anyone booked with VS and been able to check in to WBC with no issues? Any other occurrences?

kmc8826 quoted "Unfortunately, with changes that Wyndham has made since June of this year there have been instances where the front desk at the resorts have not received reservation confirmation from Wyndham but the reservations were not compromised or lost. Vacation Strategy does everything that we can to ensure that our guests have a smooth and easy stay at the resorts we work with. If, upon arrival, there are any issues we urge you to give us a call. Someone is in our office 7 days a week from 9am to 11pm est excluding federal holidays."

Not sure I agree with this. When we got to WBC, they did not have our reservation and were not able to accommodate us. To me, that means our reservation was compromised or lost.

Oh I agree with you. That is why I cancelled my reservation. It just wasn't worth the possible drama and having to go through all that you did.

Im due to check in on the 15th of September. I'm going to call WBC today and see if the reservation was changed into my name. VS told me that within 14 days of check in, reservations are changed from the owners name to the person checking in. At least Ill know if there is a screwup before I get there.

Their new cancellation policy is still better than Michael Sullivan's WinVIP cancellation policy was. He didnt do any refunds. When Hurricane Matthew hit Orlando last year and I had WBC booked through him, he wouldn't give me a refund even though we were checking in on the day Disney had closed the parks and the weather was aweful. Fortunately, I had bought trip insurance beforehand when I booked it since I knew this was the case. It only took the insurance company two weeks to cut me a check for the full refund.

Ill buy trip insurance from now on dealing with VS as well going forward since they have also changed their policy.

I haven't checked in a week or so, so maybe things are slowly getting better. There's a 20% chance I might try for a 3 bedroom. Otherwise a 2 bedroom. Third week in April.
We're going the third week of April and were just able to add an extra night, so that bodes well. We've used Vacation Strategy four times before, this will be our fifth and it's the first time bringing extended family, there will be 14 of us, so I've never checked on the reservation ahead of time before, but I certainly will now!

Has anyone else been shafted lately by Vacation Strategy? I placed a deposit months ago to be on the waiting list for Bonnet Creek, and was just informed today that the price has more than DOUBLED from what we were quoted. From $888 to $1748!!! So Vacation Strategy has done nothing but WASTE MY TIME! So I guess I'm in the market for a condo again.

Did they refund your deposit? Getting priced out while on a wait list is annoying, but if they refunded your deposit, it's no different than never having a room open up

Has anyone else been shafted lately by Vacation Strategy? I placed a deposit months ago to be on the waiting list for Bonnet Creek, and was just informed today that the price has more than DOUBLED from what we were quoted. From $888 to $1748!!! So Vacation Strategy has done nothing but WASTE MY TIME! So I guess I'm in the market for a condo again.
So I was just contacted by a manager with Vacation Strategy and am pleased to report that they are going to honor my initial quote and are working it out. Wyndham has indeed raised rates, but there was a mistake made by the agent that contacted me. I am once again happy with Vacation Strategy.

I am due to check in on Oct 28. I, too, am very interested to hear everyone's experiences, good or bad, who booked with VS prior to the WBC reservation system change and arrived after it. First-hand experiences would be very welcome to, hopefully, reduce our anxiety.

Im due to check in on the 15th of September. I'm going to call WBC today and see if the reservation was changed into my name. VS told me that within 14 days of check in, reservations are changed from the owners name to the person checking in. At least Ill know if there is a screwup before I get there.

Biggen, I'm curious. Did you call WBC to see if the reservation was changed to your name? What were you told?

I will be checking on Tuesday if my reservation has been transferred to my name.

I've used VS about 5 times and have had no problems. Hopefully the kinks of the new system have been worked out.

I"m still due to check in next Friday (9/15) if everyone is open down there. I'm crossing my fingers that the parks will be empty with the amount of cancellations that others are doing right now. I have the old cancellation policy from VS, so I can still cancel and get full credit for another stay so long as its not within 20 days.

I"m still due to check in next Friday (9/15) if everyone is open down there. I'm crossing my fingers that the parks will be empty with the amount of cancellations that others are doing right now. I have the old cancellation policy from VS, so I can still cancel and get full credit for another stay so long as its not within 20 days.

I would imagine the parks will be busier than usual with people pushing their trips back

My check in date is less than 2 weeks. I called wbc and they have my reservation! I booked through vacation strategy and made the reservation before the Wyndham system changed, so I was concerned. Now if only hurricane Jose cooperates...

I'm due to check in on Saturday for a 14 day stay. I called WBC last week and they had my reservation for week 1, but not week 2. I called back yesterday and the same result. As of yesterday, I'm 13 days out for week 2, so I'm hopeful it's just an issue with the Wyndham reservation system. VS has been great to deal with so far and I'm confident at this point that they will fully resolve this issue. I'm going to call WBC again tomorrow and see if I'm in the system yet. If not, I'll call VS again.

Just wanted to report my experience so far.

Ok, so the latest. I called WBC today and initially they still couldn't find my reservation for week 2. She then decided too look under the owner's name and apparently found a note (or something) that indicated it should be placed in my name.

I wasn't 100% comfortable that my check-in agent would be able to find the same note, so I told her I would call back tomorrow again just to verify. She asked when I was checking in and I told her Saturday. She said she was working on Saturday and that I could just come to her and she would take care of my check-in process. So I think I'm good.

My conclusion is that both VS and Wyndham were very easy and pleasant to deal with and both worked hard on my behalf to rectify my situation. I was consistently understanding with them that they were working within the limitations of their systems and was never rude, unkind or condescending ... and neither were they (and I dealt with several individuals).

I feel like I got a great rate for my stay and great customer service through a difficult reservation system transition (I booked before the Wyndham change). I'm looking forward to being there this weekend!

Thank you for following up here.

This has me a little anxious for our reservation next April. We already got an "oops" call from VS- saying they needed to increase the price we were quoted. We were very happy with them last time.

I'm sorry for your experience. I know they did the best they could given the circumstances, but that's really disappointing.

That also happened with us last year with VS! They gave us a price for a 4 Bedroom Presidential Suite. Not only did they give it to me verbally on the phone, but I also received a detailed email about our price quote. A couple days later I received an email telling me that the price they quoted me was wrong, and that it should actually be over $1,000 more! Of course I was not happy with that, and could not understand how it could be so off! It’s crazy too because I had a great experience with them before for a three bedroom presidential! I canceled my deposit. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter