Vacation Strategy/Wyndham

I may be booking an April 2018 trip in September. Does anyone know/have an educated guess if these computer problems will all be sorted out by then? I was originally planning to used WinVIP or Vacation Strategy, but right now WinVIP doesn't show you any dates available at all, and I think I read it is related to the whole Wyndham systems "upgrade".

I may be booking an April 2018 trip in September. Does anyone know/have an educated guess if these computer problems will all be sorted out by then? I was originally planning to used WinVIP or Vacation Strategy, but right now WinVIP doesn't show you any dates available at all, and I think I read it is related to the whole Wyndham systems "upgrade".
The computer issues should be sorted by then. I just checked this morning and found dates available in April. Was it a specific unit size and date?

reading this makes me a little worried as I am about to book for a trip in Dec.

Anyone else recently used VS and not have a problem?

I have not used Vacation Stratagy but from everything I have read in the boards they seem to be a very reputable company. My best guess reading this thread, and the threads on the Timeshare Users Group, is that the new Wyndham computer program (and very possibly the Wyndham company)is the biggest problem. A number of owners have had difficulty for a while. The general consensus on TUG is that Wyndham is trying to put the megarenters out of business. I am an owner, albeit a very small owner as things go. I have stayed at both Bonnet Creek and Reunion. Reunion is a beautiful resort, I consider it to be more upscale than Bonnet Creek. The drive IS disappointing, but I believe VS did the best they could to save the OP vacation. I would encourage anyone who rents and travels to call the resort ahead of time to confirm the reservation. To the best of my understanding, reservations don't always get loaded until the last week or so, but calling ahead can allow for problems to be fixed before travel.

I have not used Vacation Stratagy but from everything I have read in the boards they seem to be a very reputable company. My best guess reading this thread, and the threads on the Timeshare Users Group, is that the new Wyndham computer program (and very possibly the Wyndham company)is the biggest problem. A number of owners have had difficulty for a while. The general consensus on TUG is that Wyndham is trying to put the megarenters out of business. I am an owner, albeit a very small owner as things go. I have stayed at both Bonnet Creek and Reunion. Reunion is a beautiful resort, I consider it to be more upscale than Bonnet Creek. The drive To the best of my understanding, reservations don't always get loaded until the last week or so, but calling ahead can allow for problems to be fixed before travel.

Thanks for the info, I was curious about that. I have a reservation at WBC through VS in September and I will be calling ahead to confirm. I have used VS before with no issues, obviously before the system changed.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Very sorry this happened to you. I've always been intrigued by WBC and VS in particular but have never booked a stay.

I believe VS did the best they could to save the OP vacation. I would encourage anyone who rents and travels to call the resort ahead of time to confirm the reservation. To the best of my understanding, reservations don't always get loaded until the last week or so, but calling ahead can allow for problems to be fixed before travel.

I don't know about this part. Isn't it VS's responsibility to check that the reservation is ok since they are accepting money for the reservation. The renter is renting from VS and VS failed to provide as advertised. If someone pays for WBC, they are likely doing so in part for the location, Dona resort farther out is not equivalent. If I showed up at the Contemporary, and Disney said they were overbooked and put me in the All-Stars, I would not have considered it acceptable.

OP here - Just a little more info. We booked the stay back in December. We paid a deposit then and the balance in late June. We started our vacation on July 16 using DVC points for 2 different 5 night stays before checking into WBC. I got an email from VS confirming the reservation on Sunday 7/23 before our check in on Wednesday 7/26. We were halfway through our entire vacation at that point. I never would have thought to confirm with Wyndham. I figured we were all set after paying for the reservation and getting confirmations from VS. We go home tomorrow and we have survived at Reunion. Still very disappointed with the location and the size of this resort. Still thinking we won't use VS again nor stay with a Wyndham again.

The computer issues should be sorted by then. I just checked this morning and found dates available in April. Was it a specific unit size and date?
I haven't checked in a week or so, so maybe things are slowly getting better. There's a 20% chance I might try for a 3 bedroom. Otherwise a 2 bedroom. Third week in April.

This post is worrisome. I am so sorry to hear about your awful experience with VS and WBC.

We have booked WBC through VS for March 2018.

I hope to somehow avoid the issue the poster experienced in light of WBC "overhaul" but I don't really know how.

Last year was our first WBC stay booked through Lisa Bohm on ebay. I had read numerous positive posts about her and using ebay but I was still worried. Lisa's info included date my name would be placed on ressie and that day I contacted the resort with fingers crossed that the ressie was made and made correctly. No problems at all! We loved the resort and checking in was seamless. Of course this was pre-WBC debacle.
But i will make the call again two weeks before once my name us placed on ressie to ensure we're listed and unit is accurate.

Spring break this year is the week before Easter so i didnt want to wait to reserve our stay and only very expensive listings on ebay were posted so I went with VS.

Since our vacay is 8 months away I am hoping by then WBC will have the problem they created resolved.

I am going to contact VS tomorrow and relay this tale, express my concern that the same will happen to me under the new Wyndham system and see what VS has to say.

I've heard many stories about the problems since the rollout but none as bad as this. I thought Wyndham would have worked out the issues in their system by now. Get your act together Wyndham!!

I agree with the above that this is concerning. I just put the deposit down for a November stay. With the talk above and the change in systems does it seem that Wyndham is trying to put the "mega renters" like VS out of business? Because if that is the case it is not worth it to me to stay at Bonnet Creek. I don't want/need the stress that OP went through on vacation!

I am going to contact VS tomorrow and relay this tale, express my concern that the same will happen to me under the new Wyndham system and see what VS has to say.

I've heard many stories about the problems since the rollout but none as bad as this. I thought Wyndham would have worked out the issues in their system by now. Get your act together Wyndham!!

I will be very curious what Vacation Strategy says to you on this topic. OP says that during check in VS could "See" the reservation but Wyndham couldn't, but in the end, VS should be responsible for being certain of the booking. If they can't be certain that the reservation isn't real through their computers then they should be calling Wyndham themselves. Especially if they are trying to do rebook inside a window rather than just putting your name on the reservation immediately.

This post is worrisome. I am so sorry to hear about your awful experience with VS and WBC.

Since our vacay is 8 months away I am hoping by then WBC will have the problem they created resolved.

We are also booked for March 2018 through VS and I am hoping they will have this all figured out since I am now a little worried. I am interested to see what VS says as well.

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested. I reached out to VS (had to contact them about something anyways) and asked about the new Wyndham reservation process and how I have heard about reservations not being booked or lost.

I was told that the reservation system has been fully changed over so there shouldn't be any issues for my stay in March. I am assuming that issue happened with reservations being booked on the old system not being properly imputed in the new system?

VS didnt seem concerned at all but I am not sure if that is comforting or worrisome....

I also e-mailed VS about this. They told me that it's an unfortunate side effect of the new Wyndham system and some of the reservations were lost. They told me to call the front desk at Bonnet Creek within 14 days of my arrival. By that time, the reservation will be been changed from the timeshare owner's name to mine. At least that way I'll know if they have me in the system and it will give me a bit of time to make other arrangements (e.g. yell at VS) if required.

OP again - I hope you all have better luck than we did. It's too bad that VS considers it "an unfortunate side effect" for some of their customers to find out they don't have a reservation they were counting on, had paid for and got confirmation of. In my opinion, not a great way to do business.

OP again - I hope you all have better luck than we did. It's too bad that VS considers it "an unfortunate side effect" for some of their customers to find out they don't have a reservation they were counting on, had paid for and got confirmation of. In my opinion, not a great way to do business.

What's interesting about VS's response is that they don't want to bother to call Wyndham themselves. Also interesting that you lose all your money if you cancel inside of 30 days before arrival, but you can't check your name until 15 days before arrival.

What's interesting about VS's response is that they don't want to bother to call Wyndham themselves. Also interesting that you lose all your money if you cancel inside of 30 days before arrival, but you can't check your name until 15 days before arrival.

I agree. I made our reservations for November at the same time as OP's trip. I am seriously thinking of just cancelling and finding a place at Windsor Hills like we usually do. The uncertainty of this is not cool. And not a good way to run a business.

I see both sides. Its not something that VS can actively prevent if Wyndham "loses" the reservation with the new system changeover. VS books the reservation on the assumption that Wyndham holds it properly.

However, I do think VS should have safeguards in place especially since they know issues are ongoing. They should check with Wyndham on our behalf 14 days out to make sure the reservations are valid and its been changed to our name. Is this time consuming? Sure. But if it prevents leaving a bad taste in customers mouth and posts like this, Id venture its worth the extra cost.

I paid my account in full with VS for a reservation upcoming in September and the email I received about the cancellation policy was exactly the same from the one I got when I made the deposit. I can still cancel within 20 days and get a full credit towards a future reservation.

I thought I should follow up for anyone interested. I booked my first ever stay at WBC with Vacation Strategy right around the time as the OP arrived for her stay. Plan was to arrive late on Veteran's Day (after midnight). Talked to my husband, and we both decided given our luck we maybe shouldn't stay at WBC and keep with our usual Windsor Hills. This is the response that I received from Vacation Strategy when I emailed them and said I wanted to cancel given my concerns. I don't know that they even read my initial email, which expressed my concerns with late arrival and possible problems. WBC with VS probably would have been fine, but I did cancel and am now waiting the credit back to my credit card.

"Good evening, Kimberly.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, with changes that Wyndham has made since June of this year there have been instances where the front desk at the resorts have not received reservation confirmation from Wyndham but the reservations were not compromised or lost. Vacation Strategy does everything that we can to ensure that our guests have a smooth and easy stay at the resorts we work with. If, upon arrival, there are any issues we urge you to give us a call. Someone is in our office 7 days a week from 9am to 11pm est excluding federal holidays.

Our cancellation policy has currently been updated due to the above mentioned Wyndham changes but your reservation is still covered by our older policy which offers much more flexibility. For reference I have included our new cancellation policy below.

Deposit Fee & Cancellation Policy:

A booking deposit equal to 20% of reservation total or $150 is due at reservation (whichever is more).

Final Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!