Using Touring Plans for Universal??

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
is there a way to use Touring Plans to incorporate US AND IoA into one plan? we have two park two day tickets and I can't seem to figure out a way for it to allow me to plan to visit attractions in both parks on the same plan, it's very annoying and not helpful at all 🤦🏼‍♀️

also...it lists Hagrids Motorbike as an estimated 39 minute wait and Flight of the Hippogriff as a 12 minute wait, those times seem extremely low based on all my research... we are visiting Jan 25th & 26th after a week at Disney

We did not feel the need to use Touring Plans. We went over Memorial Day weekend and just went back and forth between the parks the entire time. I would say that if you wanted to do Wizarding World maybe go in the morning and then go on the other rides. We had express passes, so that shortened the lines except for rides that don't accept EP.

Also, the Hagrids lines vary. We had worse luck trying to get in early as we did not get there early enough. I think we waited about 45 minutes later in the day. I don't remember the Hippogriff line as being that long, though.

We did not feel the need to use Touring Plans. We went over Memorial Day weekend and just went back and forth between the parks the entire time. I would say that if you wanted to do Wizarding World maybe go in the morning and then go on the other rides. We had express passes, so that shortened the lines except for rides that don't accept EP.

Also, the Hagrids lines vary. We had worse luck trying to get in early as we did not get there early enough. I think we waited about 45 minutes later in the day. I don't remember the Hippogriff line as being that long, though.
thanks! I think I've been so focused on planning Disney and how you can't really "wing it" that I forget Universal is waaaaay more relaxed and flexible, I've been to WDW a few times and I've done so much research but Universal I've only been to once, way back in 2001 and I was maybe 11? so I really don't know what to expect

also...it lists Hagrids Motorbike as an estimated 39 minute wait and Flight of the Hippogriff as a 12 minute wait, those times seem extremely low based on all my research... we are visiting Jan 25th & 26th after a week at Disney

We absolutely believe in Touring Plans in Universal. Even if it's not busy, it's helpful to plan the day. In general, even in the slowest time of year, we get more done with TP than without it. It also ensures that any and all ride negotiations happen before we hit the parks instead of having a kid meltdown that we're not doing Velocicoaster for the 10th time while another is crying for Seuss.

We'll do two plans for the day a US one and a IOA one, with the cutoff time being when we want to switch parks, but I do wish they'd let you combine the parks.

As for those times - they seem accurate, depending on the time of day you go. Universal's low-crowd times are MUCH lower than Disney's low-crowd times so if you hit it at just the right time of year and the right time of day 40ish minutes for Hagrid's is about right (even if its posted much higher). I've done that rope dropping it in Jan and one time when we hit it right at the lunch time lull. My last UO trip was in mid December with a mid-crowd level (so busier than when you will be there) and I waited just over an hour for Hagrid's mid day and walked on Hippogriff at the busiest time of day.

I made a plan using Touring plans and did 2 different plans. One for IOA from 9-2 and another for UF from 2-5. It got us on everything and have 2 hours to go back and redo what we want. I am also planning for January and I am very happy with the projected wait times!

HI OP:

Congratulations on going to Universal:)
We never use a touring plan and found we didn't need it. It was so freeing to just go where we wanted and do what we wanted while there. I just looked at the maps and figured out what we were interested in and went from there. We never had a very scheduled itinerary, but did what we wanted.
However, it is important to get to the HP lands early as they get crowded in the middle of the day. Don't miss Knockturn alley at the Studios side. It's easy to overlook. It's dark and creepy and just like the movies.
Other than those areas, we never had a problem with just winging it.
It felt like something was wrong because we didn't have to do any planning for each day and each park. But you really don't need it, IMO. Whatever you do, you will have a great time:)

I did touring plans the first time we went and I found it helpful. It’s definitely not needed but it helps me with time expectations (I often underestimate how long it takes to get from place to place) and to learn where everything is. It was nice to have a plan that everyone bought into to avoid fighting amongst the kids. But we also weren’t wedded to it. We ended up ditching it after 2 days and haven’t made any since the first trip. Now we spend a lot If time discussing what we want to do next. 😄

If you have Express, it is not required but is is good to have the other information in a format other than the Universal site to confirm information.

I made a plan using Touring plans and did 2 different plans. One for IOA from 9-2 and another for UF from 2-5. It got us on everything and have 2 hours to go back and redo what we want. I am also planning for January and I am very happy with the projected wait times!

Would you mind sharing your plan? I have the touring plans subscription but only see plans for a full day at each park. I'm planning the day for a friend and they only have 1 day for both US and IoA.

Would you mind sharing your plan? I have the touring plans subscription but only see plans for a full day at each park. I'm planning the day for a friend and they only have 1 day for both US and IoA.

We stay at one of the resort with free Express Pass, so it makes TP not needed. Without the "free" Express Pass, it was helpful.

Hello so what I did was manually go in and change the times. So I went into the IOA and made the time frame from 9am to 2pm and had it make a plan for that time and then went into US and made it start at 2:30pm and end at closing. We also selected the rides e wanted to do in each park. We are now back home and it worked perfectly the only downfall was the train being down when we were planning on switching parks and we had to walk. We were able to change the plan because we were now starting at the front instead of HP. Good luck hope its not to late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter