Using 2018 points-need to wait till 6/10

Yes. When I had called previously, I was told they would show up some time after June 5th.

Just got off phone w/MS, update was all CM were emailed and told to tell people trying to use 2018 for res or reallocate, won't be done till next week and call on Weds 6/10
Can anyone else confirm this too?? Any differing reports out there appreciated!!
UGH!!! thinking I can kiss any availability goodbye😞
Waiting anxiously to hear how extended 2018 banked points can actually be used. Hope you can get through to MS tomorrow.
I wonder how hard it will be to get through to MS tomorrow and how long the wait time will be.

There were earlier posts that members with June UYs were told to call on June 6th regarding using extended 2018 banked points. That date has obviously come and gone. There have now been numerous posts confirming what you stated above, that members with June UYs are now being told to call on June 10th. Hopefully that date is still correct.

P.S. I sent an email to member satisfaction on June 2nd asking whether my Aug UY 2018 banked points would be extended, and if so whether they could be re-allocated to an existing Nov reservation when they become available sometime after Aug 1st. I have not received a reply.

Why can't DVC just make an announcement clarifying how those points can be used? I cannot believe DVC announced on May 27th that 2018 banked points will be extended for Aug, Sept, and Oct UYs but did not, and still has not, provided any details.

Last edited:
Waiting anxiously to hear how extended 2018 banked points can actually be used. Hope you can get through to MS tomorrow.
I wonder how hard it will be to get through to MS tomorrow and how long the wait time will be.

There were earlier posts that members with June UYs were told to call on June 6th regarding using extended 2018 banked points. That date has obviously come and gone. There have now been numerous posts confirming what you stated above, that members with June UYs are now being told to call on June 10th. Hopefully that date is still correct.

P.S. I sent an email to member satisfaction on June 2nd asking whether my Aug UY 2018 banked points would be extended, and if so whether they could be re-allocated to an existing Nov reservation when they become available sometime after Aug 1st. I have not received a reply.

Why can't DVC just make an announcement clarifying how those points can be used? I cannot believe DVC announced on May 27th that 2018 banked points will be extended for Aug, Sept, and Oct UYs but did not, and still has not, provided any details.

It took about 7 days to get a response from my email regarding points...just an FYI for timeline.

I agree it would be good in writing...but, if the first reports of only eligible for new turns out to be changed to allowing reallocation, then maybe it will turn out to be a good thing it wasn’t put out in writing!

It took about 7 days to get a response from my email regarding points...just an FYI for timeline.

I agree it would be good in writing...but, if the first reports of only eligible for new turns out to be changed to allowing reallocation, then maybe it will turn out to be a good thing it wasn’t put out in writing!
In order to explain tomorrow to April and June UY members the rules for extended 2018 banked points, all the MS representatives taking those calls tomorrow morning will need to be informed of the policy before 8:00 am tomorrow morning. They will probably spend a lot of time on those calls telling members what the policy is. Why not publish the policy now so MS does not have to spend time tomorrow doing that, and so the April & June UY members would know their options, and what to request before they call?

ETA: Thanks for the FYI on the timeline. I did expect it would take at least 7 days for a reply, and did not expect a reply until DVC either announced the policy, or allowed June UYs to start using those points.

In order to explain tomorrow to April and June UY members the rules for extended 2018 banked points, all the MS representatives taking those calls tomorrow morning will need to be informed of the policy before 8:00 am tomorrow morning. They will probably spend a lot of time on those calls telling members what the policy is. Why not publish the policy now so MS does not have to spend time tomorrow doing that, and so the April & June UY members would know their options, and what to request before they call?

ETA: Thanks for the FYI on the timeline. I did expect it would take at least 7 days for a reply, and did not expect a reply until DVC either announced the policy, or allowed June UYs to start using those points.

Yes, I am sure that CMs will need to have it, and I agree with you they could have put it out. My point was that by not publishing it, it does allow them to maybe change it based on complaints without having to say they did.

Coming here to say....... YES our points were able to be used and reallocated into our sept reservation!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Now to see what happens with our Jambo house reservation, waitlisted 2 other resorts to be safe. We do NOT want to be pushed to Kidani if Jambo remains closed.

Coming here to say....... YES our points were able to be used and reallocated into our sept reservation!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Now to see what happens with our Jambo house reservation, waitlisted 2 other resorts to be safe. We do NOT want to be pushed to Kidani if Jambo remains closed.

Being reported rooms are back..I’d say a good sign.

The points that were free up..were they borrowed? Already banked? Or current UY for the trip?

also want to note that Value studios are open too!!!! I just moved from STD to Value and saved more points!!! They must have released the rooms and Jambo probably will be open!!!! RUN!!!!

Being reported rooms are back..I’d say a good sign.

The points that were free up..were they borrowed? Already banked? Or current UY for the trip?
they were banked 2018 to 2019 points, we never have borrowed always bank some eachyear. so they were able to be reallocated!!!!

they were banked 2018 to 2019 points, we never have borrowed always bank some eachyear. so they were able to be reallocated!!!!

Thanks! So, with no borrowed points, we will have to wait for reports from people who do to see if, after 2018 are reallocated, if they will be given the borrowing exception too,

Although, by the time Aug UY rolls around, chances are that policy could be gone.

Ugh, I still haven't been able to get through on phone!!! on hold right now-good to hear people are being able to reallocate!! I'll update after I get through

Seeing those points is new info as many were told that they were no showing up online and you had to call.

Literally got off chat with MS and was told that I won't see banked 2018 reflected on your dashboard. Make the booking before 12/1 (I'm June use year) and contact them via chat/call to reallocate your 2018 banked points into that booking.

Just quadruple confirming info already posted here. Hope that helps!

Literally got off chat with MS and was told that I won't see banked 2018 reflected on your dashboard. Make the booking before 12/1 (I'm June use year) and contact them via chat/call to reallocate your 2018 banked points into that booking.

Just quadruple confirming info already posted here. Hope that helps!

Thank you! When was the reservation booked that you are reallocating the 2018 points into? Home resort priority or 7 months or less?

And, did it free up borrowed points? If so, will those be returned to original UY?

Thank you! When was the reservation booked that you are reallocating the 2018 points into? Home resort priority or 7 months or less?

And, did it free up borrowed points? If so, will those be returned to original UY?

The reservation is for the end of June (in 2-ish weeks). Not my home resort.

So the points were initially taken from the "2020 use year" (which included the 2019 points banked). After talking to the CM, who reallocated the 2018 points to the booking, I immediately refreshed my dashboard while on chat and it reflected the corrected number in 2020. So yes, the 2019 points were put back into 2020.

CM was fast and knew exactly what he was doing.

Hope this helps!

@HLShone If you cannot find availability using those extended 2018 banked points, I would be curious if you would be allowed to deposit them into RCI up until October 17th, (45 days before the extended points expire on November 30th)

Depositing into RCI is probably not your most attractive option, but it would be better than completely losing those points. If you call MS on June 10th, I would greatly appreciate you asking if those extended 2018 banked points can be deposited into RCI. (I do not want to call MS myself, since I have nothing that needs to be handled immediately and I do not want to further clutter the MS phone lines)

I have an Aug UY, and my deadline for depositing my 2018 banked points into RCI is June 17th. Those points appear to be eligible for the extension, but I will not be able to use the extended points until after July 31st for reservations between August 1st and November 31st. I would hate to have my points extended, find out I could not use them because there was no availability, and then told it was too late to deposit them into RCI.
Hi, so just spoke w/MS-she assured me that people w/extended AUG UY points affected by cancellation would now have expirations dates of 11/30/20 and would recieve new RCI banking date of 10/17/20-hope this helps!!

OK, just got off phone-YAY!!! I did get my 53 June UY 2018 points back, I was able to book a new res for vero beach w/45 of them. I was also able to reallocate the remaining 8 to an existing reservation and instead of putting 8 points back to 20/21 UY I had bought OTUP and I got that refunded to the card I used!!! so reallocation totally possible and $ refund on OTUP allowed-all in all def. happy w/outcome-hopefully everyone gets some magic w/all the waiting and uncertainty!!!

We have an August use year and we were told today that we would not be able to use the extended 2018 banked points until our use year. So we will basically have to book in august for a room by November. I have very serious doubts that anything is going to be available at that point. So the date was extended but they are basically unusable

We have an August use year and we were told today that we would not be able to use the extended 2018 banked points until our use year. So we will basically have to book in august for a room by November. I have very serious doubts that anything is going to be available at that point. So the date was extended but they are basically unusable

But can you make a reservation now with current use year points and then reallocate the points to use 2018 banked points when August comes around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter