Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone:wave2:

I am going to WDW in Dec. and I currently have ressies for the poly CL GV. I am really banking on this saving me mega bucks for breakfast.....am I kidding myself? Also, do they have beer or just wine and cordials?

Tiggersmom2 - We normally ate breakfast in the lounge. We did eat breakfast twice in a restaurant by choice not because the lounge was inadequate for us. It appears they have removed oatmeal as an option. I don't know if they are bringing this back or not, but I certainly hope they do because I love it! They typically have fresh fruit, danishes, coffee, juice etc. I believe they have beer available but you must request it from a CM.

Have a wonderful time at the Poly! Please feel free to ask another questions that you may have!! :wave2:

Originally posted by tiggersmom2
I am really banking on this saving me mega bucks for breakfast.....am I kidding myself? Also, do they have beer or just wine and cordials?

Last time we were there they had beer but you had to ask for it. I think BambiTamby stayed there this month so maybe she knows for sure.

Breakfast is just the same pastries, fruit, and cereal. We got tired of that after a few days.

Thanks VAgal and Bojangles!:wave2:

I really appreciate the info. - it sounds like breakfast is sparse (I was really counting on the oatmeal for the 2 year old) but.......I just might make it up with beer!:teeth: If BT is reading this, maybe she can get me up-to-date on what the offerings were for last month (or anyone else that was there at that time):sunny:

tiggersmom2the prepared oatmeal has been discontinued, but you can ask for packets of instant if you can stand the stuff! Yogurt is also available on request. I was able to make do with the pb, yogurt and fruit, with some Kellogg's low-fat granola thrown in occasionally.

I just might make it up with beer!::

:) Cool. I hate asking for it though. Too bad they don't keep it out and re-stock it constantly like they do the cordials and wine. :mad:

Originally posted by Bojangles
:) Cool. I hate asking for it though. Too bad they don't keep it out and re-stock it constantly like they do the cordials and wine. :mad:

OK, how much is too much? I am serious. I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:eek: :crazy:

Thank You Steveanddonna about the oatmeal - my 2 year old LOVES instant - I'll just bring sugar and butter (do they have butter or should I buy it?) This is my first time CL, can you tell?:crazy:

I'm going down for Christmas too! Many moons ago I tried to justify the added cost by figuring what I would save on breakfast. Now I know I am going to just enjoy the lounge and have a place to hang out. ;) ;)

There is no way my daughter will eat muffins for 11 days when the Kona Cafe lurks right around the corner! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm planning to use the breakfast offerings for a quick bite before we hit the parks and then have a really nice lunch. I'm REALLY hoping the Kona coffee will win over my daughter for a few mornings!!! (I mean hey, it is an extra $1,000!)

I know the fruit, cereal and yogurt will be a good start for my DGD... but the Goofy toast will be calling her name. And the tonga toast will be calling mine!!! :hyper: :chat:

I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:

Who cares what they think? You're paying for it. It's 5 o'clock somewhere and you're on vacation anyway. :D

Originally posted by Bojangles
Who cares what they think? You're paying for it. It's 5 o'clock somewhere and you're on vacation anyway. :D

LOL - Thanks Bojangles, you are right . I just don't want them to think I am being greedy......but I won't be getting any wine or cordials (I HATE sweet stuff:crazy2: ) so maybe it will even out.

the cordials are the expensive stuff so they should actually be thanking you for drinking a lot of beer instead of the Baileys and Drambuie. ::yes:: They will be coming out ahead.

tiggersmom2-I was just at Poly last month with my 5, 3 and 21 month olds. My kids loved the mini muffins and the 21 month old loved the pineapple bread for breakfast. One morning I went to Captain Jacks and got an order of scrambled eggs to bring back to the lounge for my egg loving 21 month old. I think it was about $2.75 and funny thing she wouldn't eat them???? I think you'll love the convenience of the lounge. It is so great to have milk, chocolate milk, juice boxes, PBJ's, cookies and fruit just a few steps away. You have to ask for the juice boxes and chocolate milk-they don't keep the boxes on ice but are always very happy to get them for you. They have milk out at breakfast but you can ask for boxes of white milk at other times.

I wish we had planned to be at the lounge more often in the evening. We were only there 3 out of of our 7 nights and found the "running" to our dinner reservations more stressful than "hanging" in the lounge and our kids were much better behaved in the casual lounge where they could sit in front of the TV. Next trip I plan to do more sit down meals at lunch so that a light relaxing dinner in the lounge is enough for us. We do plan on going back to Trails End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness. The food and service were great and the price was right too. The atmosphere was a great break from the parks and I'm sure your 2 year old would love the petting zoo and the horses from Main St are there too. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the great post lovesdumbo - I didn't even know there was a petting zoo - both my 10 year old and 2 year old will love it!. Actually we are planning on doing nice lunches at Epcot, MK and CR, so we will be having a light supper at the lounge.:sunny: :wave2:

Which do you think is better... the concierge at Boardwalk Inn or the concierge at GF sugar loaf building?

Thanks for help deciding! :)

BWI. I love the location of the Epcot resorts. The service at GF has gone downhill the past couple of years. :)

Hi Lovesdumbo,

Thanks for your post. As you know this will be my first stay at the Poly. :) And my first CL stay. :hyper: :hyper:

I wonder if I can get tonga toast to go??? And that's a great idea about the eggs and Captain Cooks! I really hope I can convince my daughter to use the lounge for some meals.... :sunny:

I love the idea of the kids being better behaved in the relaxing atmosphere of the lounge. And the TV! Just like home!! I also didn't know they had pineapple bread. Sounds yummy.

tiggersmom2 When will you be there? I will be with 2 toddlers, a 7 and an 8 year old.... we arrive the 17th and leave the 27th....

:chat: :chat: :chat:

Hey Steffy!:wave2:

We arrive the 17th and leave the 23rd - gotta be home for Santa.;) :D

Steffy-we had dinner at Kona the first night and they brought the kids meals out when they brought out the appetizers. My 2 older kids started getting antzy so I asked the waiter if he could pack up my meal (hadn't been served yet). He brought take out containers for the remains of the kids meals and brought my meal packed up and complete with plastic silverwear. SO...I'm sure they could do any takeout. My meal was excellent! Coconut Almond Chicken.

I also saw a couple in the lounge one night with burgers I'm assuming they got at Captain Jacks.

My kids loved the lounge and complained that they wanted to eat there on the 2 mornings we had breakfast reservations (Boma and Storybook Breakfast) and nearly every night at dinner.

STEFFY, ONLY 31 DAYS TO GO! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Before you know it you will be there having a wonderful vacation. I hope you and you family are so pampered and spoiled that you all will only think of staying CL in the future.

It is wonderful to stay where people make you feel wanted and liked. Where all you needs and some of your desires are taken care of. A place that lets your senses be filled with wonderful sounds, scents and tastes. Where you have a nice clean room waiting with a few of the lagoon. And little suprises waiting.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Be sure to do a trip report when you return.

Angel :wave2:

Just because someone on an Internet forum tells you this is acceptable policy does not mean that it is the policy. Ask Disney when you arrive if you can bring nonconcierge guests to the lounge to eat and drink, and nonResort guests to the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter