Upstairs at California Grill

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Supposedly the new dining experience which is being developed for the Contemporary's California Grill will be called Upstairs at California Grill and will feature a limited menu based on the original restaurant "Top of the World"

No additional details have been released by Disney including when the restaurant will reopen and when reservations for the new experience will begin.

I'm waiting for the menu. Don't really care what they call it. If the menu is as good or better, we're there.
Just worried this will be another opportunity to dumb down a great menu as they have in too many other signature restaurants.

Its called California Grill because of California style cuisine and emphasis on California wines, but it’s already upstairs, logically it would be Upstairs at the Contemporary but restaurant names aren’t known to be logical.

Might try it if its not prix fixe.

Its called California Grill because of California style cuisine and emphasis on California wines, but it’s already upstairs, logically it would be Upstairs at the Contemporary but restaurant names aren’t known to be logical.

That's my fear, that it will be prix fixe and not as good as a regular California Grill meal. I know they've said it's for a limited time, but I wonder if it's going to be for the whole 18 month celebration?

That's my fear, that it will be prix fixe and not as good as a regular California Grill meal. I know they've said it's for a limited time, but I wonder if it's going to be for the whole 18 month celebration?
I will be shocked if it's not prix fixe. Look at 'Ohana: $55/pp for wings and potstickers. UCG can do way better than that.

I suspect the price and menu will follow that of New Year’s Eve and the brunch so somewhere about $110.00 per person.

A welcoming cocktail for all and an up price for a different choice.
A room temp choice of a few appetizers; a soup; a choice of entree from an edited list with sides. A specific menu of wines by the glass. Choice of desserts, maybe a glass of champagne and dinner is served.

I suspect the price and menu will follow that of New Year’s Eve and the brunch so somewhere about $110.00 per person.

A welcoming cocktail for all and an up price for a different choice.
A room temp choice of a few appetizers; a soup; a choice of entree from an edited list with sides. A specific menu of wines by the glass. Choice of desserts, maybe a glass of champagne and dinner is served.
If they were getting $100pp for brunch you know it will be higher for dinner. They can justify it with the entertainment (fireworks). Maybe Mickey will run by with a big wine bottle.

We have to stop posting; we are doing their job. :smickey:

I'm guessing CA Grill, like Be Our Guest, turns into prix fixe.

Disney is focusing more and more on profits, and bigger profits come from prix fixe for all, not an a la carte menu.

And for the Anniversary 'special', folks might leave with a Mickey-shaped bag of cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter