Upstairs at California Grill

Hopefully so...but it's easy to see the confusion? The only fireworks viewing deck I'm aware of is off the CA Grill, and it's the CA Grill menu, and the CA Grill page says bookings after October 2nd are unavailable for a new dining experience. And this party says it is a new experience opening October 2nd. I hope the restaurant will reopen as a sit down meal and the FW event with CA Grill food is seperate and located elsewhere!
Yes, I can understand the confusion. But I have an ADR for Oct 2. And 'Upstairs at CG' isn't the same as 'Celebration at the Top'. And I'm sure there is some viewing platform they can utilize that will not impact CG diners.

I read this a lot different than some of you. I am reading the description more like it is the Sunday Brunch than just a desert party. "dine on culinary offerings, including sushi, small bites, favorite dishes from the California Grill menu, desserts and even some odes to our past." To me that reads like it is sushi/apps/small bites buffet style and then you pick an entree. Also, the description says to check in at the CG podium to be taken up to the 15th Floor. I don't see this as being just an expensive dessert party like the ones in MK. It reads like there is a lot more to it.

I just said 'fancy fireworks' party because it sounds like the same set up, but includes small bites, cocktails, and dessert. I don't read it as you can order an entree just that the small bites options are favs from the CA Grill menu. I agree that it looks buffet style or there will be someone walking around with trays of food - like a cocktail party (which is how it is described).

From the website: "Indulge in a high-energy cocktail party enjoying fine food, simmering sips and beautiful music while you await an incredible fireworks spectacular."

But we have limited info now so I am sure we will hear more soon!

Edited to add quote from the website.

Yes, I can understand the confusion. But I have an ADR for Oct 2. And 'Upstairs at CG' isn't the same as 'Celebration at the Top'. And I'm sure there is some viewing platform they can utilize that will not impact CG diners.

Based on info on this page, the Top of the World event is in private rooms within CA Grill...so it does look like it is what you said with a new restaurant set-up and this special event? Is the firework viewing deck available to those at the restaurant and at this special event? Or blocked off for one or the other in certain areas? Seems crowded...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-dinner-packages-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Based on info on this page, the Top of the World event is in private rooms within CA Grill...so it does look like it is what you said with a new restaurant set-up and this special event? Is the firework viewing deck available to those at the restaurant and at this special event? Or blocked off for one or the other in certain areas? Seems crowded...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-dinner-packages-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
I think they would keep the two viewing areas separate.

If you go and read the Josh review that NicoleLarson posted https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...ifornia-grill-at-the-contemporary-resort/when they had this event 4 years ago it was only one room, and Josh said that the viewing walkway wasn't too crowded. If they have both wine rooms open, it will be more crowded on the platform and I would hope that they keep the areas separate.

Last edited:
I think they would keep the two viewing areas separate.

In another thread people said this is similar to an event done at CG in 2017. I'm curious if people have info on how crowded that made CG feel. I am glad there's still a hope that there is still a plan for a sit down experience at CG!

In another thread people said this is similar to an event done at CG in 2017. I'm curious if people have info on how crowded that made CG feel. I am glad there's still a hope that there is still a plan for a sit down experience at CG!

So the spaces are entirely separate. The only thing that would be shared is the bathroom. I don't see this having any real impact on CG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter