Upgrading promo ticket from UT

I might also want to add a day to the 3 day promo tickets we have. I tried to contact Disney, but they couldn't understand that I was trying to add a day to tickets that I already had. Has anyone been able to do this? I don't see why you would be able to upgrade from 3 day promo to 4 day promo for that difference (around $20).

I believe one of the main restrictions of the promotional tickets is they have to be purchased before you get to the parks - this can mean, that if you wish to upgrade to a 4 day ticket for example - you would still be required to pay the difference between the cost of the 4 day ticket at the ticket booth and what you paid for the 3 day as they do not sell the 3 day promotional tickets at the ticket booth.

While people can get lucky and have - it's very clearly stated on the back of the ticket what you paid for it - and they can and will charge you the difference between that and the price of what you wish to upgrade to - so the advice has been buy what you want ahead of time as changing it can be difficult.

For what it’s worth I called Disney and made it clear I was talking about the promo ticket and she said no problem to upgrade at the park and the cost would just be the difference between the 3 and 4 day PROMO ticket price. I’d like to hear that someone has actually been able to do that, but it is what I was told from a ticket rep.

I believe one of the main restrictions of the promotional tickets is they have to be purchased before you get to the parks -
The limited time tickets CAN be purchased at the ticket booths. I confirmed that through email with guest services.

The limited time tickets CAN be purchased at the ticket booths. I confirmed that through email with guest services.

It is the Canadian ticket offer that you have to buy ahead of arriving at the park I guess then. It was some Canadians that had issues upgrading in the parks once they arrived I had read about.

We were set to fly to LAX this Saturday afternoon, arriving around 6 p.m. Due to a predicted snow storm in Chicago hitting Friday night into Saturday, our airline put us on an early flight tomorrow (Friday) morning free of charge. Now that we will have an unplanned extra day, does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade our 3 day promo ticket to 4 days? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist. TIA!
I hope you have better luck than we did. When we tried in January 2016, we would have lost our entire discount and then some. What looked like it should have been +$12 a ticket became +$75 a ticket. We declined after talking to someone in the ticket booth and guest services. It was not a good experience and having no luck.

Basically told you should have bought the number of days you wanted up front. Well our trip changed at the last minute due to a death in the family and in order to see the Christmas WOC we needed to enter the night we got there. We lost going in on what would have been our last day, but didn't regret it. A little disappointed in the way it was handled though

I hope you have better luck than we did. When we tried in January 2016, we would have lost our entire discount and then some. What looked like it should have been +$12 a ticket became +$75 a ticket. We declined after talking to someone in the ticket booth and guest services. It was not a good experience and having no luck.

Basically told you should have bought the number of days you wanted up front. Well our trip changed at the last minute due to a death in the family and in order to see the Christmas WOC we needed to enter the night we got there. We lost going in on what would have been our last day, but didn't regret it. A little disappointed in the way it was handled though
Yeah, UC told us our ticket was nonrefundable and there was nothing they could do and I assumed an upgrade through Disney direct would negate our savings by buying through UC so we didn't bother. Our trip was last month, luckily that first day was beautiful and in the 70's (we came from snowy Chicago) so we used what would have been an extra park day to enjoy the Hojo waterpark.

I wanted to follow up on my experience in case in helps someone else. We bought Undercover Tourist 3-day promo tickets and I decided I wanted to add an extra day. I went to the ticket booth and they were able to make it a 4-day ticket for the difference in promo pricing (about $20). Kept my magic morning too. Worked for me!

I wanted to follow up on my experience in case in helps someone else. We bought Undercover Tourist 3-day promo tickets and I decided I wanted to add an extra day. I went to the ticket booth and they were able to make it a 4-day ticket for the difference in promo pricing (about $20). Kept my magic morning too. Worked for me!

Thanks for the info! We're going in May and I also purchased the 3-day promo from UT and was wondering about this exact same scenario.

Thanks for the info! We're going in May and I also purchased the 3-day promo from UT and was wondering about this exact same scenario.
Because we have 2 different DPs on this be ready for this to only maybe work at the $20 price. Maybe the first poster bought their tickets prior to the price increase and the next one did it after? Or maybe one CM was willing to honor the promo price and the other was not? Who knows? I’m just saying be prepared for anything.

Because we have 2 different DPs on this be ready for this to only maybe work at the $20 price. Maybe the first poster bought their tickets prior to the price increase and the next one did it after? Or maybe one CM was willing to honor the promo price and the other was not? Who knows? I’m just saying be prepared for anything.

OK. Thanks.

As an update, I was also able to add a day to my UT tickets for an extra $19 (from 3 to 4 parkhopper) and a nice bonus is that I was also able to add max pass for every day for the $10 rate so that basically paid for adding that other day since I was going to add max pass every day anyway. Note that it did take about 10 minutes at the ticket booth and they needed to find a manager to do it, so it was a bit of a pain, but it worked out in the end.

As an update, I was also able to add a day to my UT tickets for an extra $19 (from 3 to 4 parkhopper) and a nice bonus is that I was also able to add max pass for every day for the $10 rate so that basically paid for adding that other day since I was going to add max pass every day anyway. Note that it did take about 10 minutes at the ticket booth and they needed to find a manager to do it, so it was a bit of a pain, but it worked out in the end.

Thanks for the update. We have the same exact tickets and are planning to do the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter