Upgrading promo ticket from UT

sbd78

DIS Veteran
We were set to fly to LAX this Saturday afternoon, arriving around 6 p.m. Due to a predicted snow storm in Chicago hitting Friday night into Saturday, our airline put us on an early flight tomorrow (Friday) morning free of charge. Now that we will have an unplanned extra day, does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade our 3 day promo ticket to 4 days? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist. TIA!

I would say at this point all you can do is go to the ticket booth and give it a try - the promotional tickets are still for sale so that helps I think. I take it you are not able to do this through Undercover Tourist at this point?

I haven't called UT yet, this was a very last minute change of plans after business hours yesterday. We are actually sitting in the airport now waiting to board. I plan to give them a call when we land in L.A. If we can't it's no biggie, the weather is supposed to be warm tomorrow so we can just swim at the hotel. I was just wondering if it's an option.

If UT can't do anything then I'd still visit the ticket booth regardless and see what they can do for you - I have read here about people having success with doing this even on tickets purchased from a third party.

I haven't called UT yet, this was a very last minute change of plans after business hours yesterday. We are actually sitting in the airport now waiting to board. I plan to give them a call when we land in L.A. If we can't it's no biggie, the weather is supposed to be warm tomorrow so we can just swim at the hotel. I was just wondering if it's an option.
Please report back and let us know if you're successful. I want to do something similar for my upcoming trip, and I've been given conflicting reports from guest services on whether it's possible. Have a great trip!

Please report back and let us know if you're successful. I want to do something similar for my upcoming trip, and I've been given conflicting reports from guest services on whether it's possible. Have a great trip!
Will do, thank you!

We were set to fly to LAX this Saturday afternoon, arriving around 6 p.m. Due to a predicted snow storm in Chicago hitting Friday night into Saturday, our airline put us on an early flight tomorrow (Friday) morning free of charge. Now that we will have an unplanned extra day, does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade our 3 day promo ticket to 4 days? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist. TIA!

Last week we upgraded out 3 day PH to a 4 day PH, bought thru Disney with MaxPass included. They ended up charging me $80 PER TICKET to upgrade because not only would they not give me to promo rate, but they charged the difference between what I paid and what a new 4 day PH would be. Because I had bought before the ticket increase (and before the promo price), $80 was the difference in the two tickets. I was not pleased at all. If I had known before going in the park how much it was going to be I'm not sure I would have tacked on a day, but since I did it after I went in, and I needed to stay thru Sunday, I was stuck.

Hopefully you have better luck than I did!

Last week we upgraded out 3 day PH to a 4 day PH, bought thru Disney with MaxPass included. They ended up charging me $80 PER TICKET to upgrade because not only would they not give me to promo rate, but they charged the difference between what I paid and what a new 4 day PH would be. Because I had bought before the ticket increase (and before the promo price), $80 was the difference in the two tickets. I was not pleased at all. If I had known before going in the park how much it was going to be I'm not sure I would have tacked on a day, but since I did it after I went in, and I needed to stay thru Sunday, I was stuck.

YIKES!! What was their reasoning for not giving you the promo price? Edit: Do you think the fact that you'd already used the ticket played into it at all?

:hyper2:

I definitely won't be upgrading at that price!

YIKES!! What was their reasoning for not giving you the promo price? Edit: Do you think the fact that you'd already used the ticket played into it at all?

I have no idea if the fact I had already used one day played into it or not. She didn't have any good reason for not giving me the promo price but the feeling was that would have been for a new ticket...although if they were charging me for a new ticket it seems like it would have worked. Oh, and the other thing was they dropped my MM from my ticket (kept it on my daughters) which I didn't realize until I went to enter for MM and was denied. They called a supervisor over, I explained what had happened, and he let me in. So frustrating!

I just called Disney AGAIN, and asked if I could upgrade the tickets I already bought (2 day 1pk/day + maxpass $230) to (3 day 1 park/day +maxpass promo tickets $240), and was told it would be no problem. I repeated myself that I was asking if I really could upgrade to promo tickets, and she said "As long as the upgrade is equal or more in value, you can upgrade to promo tickets." Ahhhh, I wish Disney could get there story straight!

I have no idea if the fact I had already used one day played into it or not. She didn't have any good reason for not giving me the promo price but the feeling was that would have been for a new ticket...although if they were charging me for a new ticket it seems like it would have worked. Oh, and the other thing was they dropped my MM from my ticket (kept it on my daughters) which I didn't realize until I went to enter for MM and was denied. They called a supervisor over, I explained what had happened, and he let me in. So frustrating!
Ugh. I was wondering how MM would work. Sorry you had such a frustrating experience.

This is interesting. My experience is only with WDW and Universal Orlando. We would use one day, head to guest services and upgrade our tickets which now had a full value because one day had been used. We saved a ton on UO Annual Passes this way, and upgraded WDW multi day tickets as well using this "formula". I am eager to hear how OP's experience compares.

Ugh. I was wondering how MM would work. Sorry you had such a frustrating experience.

MM should have been added back on. My daughter's ticket said MM was included. After they said I didn't have I looked at my ticket closer and realized that line had been removed from mine. Luckily it only added probably 5 minutes to my entry time, but it was frustrating, especially after having to pay so much to upgrade in the first place.

MM should have been added back on. My daughter's ticket said MM was included. After they said I didn't have I looked at my ticket closer and realized that line had been removed from mine. Luckily it only added probably 5 minutes to my entry time, but it was frustrating, especially after having to pay so much to upgrade in the first place.
Any hold up at entry is so frustrating. I'm wondering if I actually get my upgrade, if they'll give me a MM since I'll be going from 2 days to 3. But, in all honesty, it will just be a miracle if I get the upgrade at the promo price.

Looks like trying to upgrade with Disney is our only option. Not sure if we will since IF Disney will upgrade the promo tocket, I'm sure it will be at their 4 day promo price which would negate the savings we got by buying from UT. This is the response I got from UT:

Good Afternoon,
As those are non-refundable tickets we cannot make any changes to them. You would need to go to Guest Services at the park and see if they can upgrade it.

It has been always been the policy for upgrades at Disneyland that you pay the difference between what you paid and the current gate price. You generally lose any discounts. You on occasion get lucky but that is the execution not the rule.

Curious if the OP was able to upgrade their 3-day Undercover Tourist tickets to 4-day at the gate. Our plans changed and we are hoping to do the same thing. Please update if you can!

OUCH! So Disney will only give you credit for the price you paid on the promo tickets towards upgrades. Makes sense but definitely something important to remember!

I might also want to add a day to the 3 day promo tickets we have. I tried to contact Disney, but they couldn't understand that I was trying to add a day to tickets that I already had. Has anyone been able to do this? I don't see why you would be able to upgrade from 3 day promo to 4 day promo for that difference (around $20).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!