Upgraded Magic Bands

Today is the final day for our MagicBand order, just tried for the castle (white) and sorcerer Mickey and...you guessed it....both errored out of stock! I have been at every stage at some point up over 3+ months, including final stage of having entered payment info to no avail.

Looks like I should have just ordered purple for me and blue for DSis about three weeks ago when I almost gave up and saved myself time and aggro. So disappointing and unnecessary.

🎶‘The dream that you wish will come true’🎶 Nope, not in this instance!

I have tried at all different times of day, I have tried ordering on an incognito page, a regular page...Never can pay always get an error. I have given up. I still have time, but I will save myself the aggravation.

My daughter really wanted Stitch but, of course, I was unable to get it. I did, however, get her the white castle and myself It's a Small World. They arrived 2 days ago and I absolutely love them! Good luck everyone!

Ordered Small World and Sorcerer Mickey last Sunday (just looked for fun to see what was in stock). Arrived today for our end of January trip!

I ordered the melanium(?) falcon magic ban after 11/16 & it cleared the bank in 11/22. We are staying at all stars sports on 12/20, then WL 12/21-12/26. We rec’d our magic bands for the WL in 11/29. It shows under my plans that I declined new magic bands for all star sports, I didn’t check any boxes or anything, I ordered that milinium falcon magic band for my son.

it took me about 15-20 calls & different depts but, they refunded my money b/c they have the band in the park but they can’t or wouldn’t have the magic band at the resort upon check in. But, I was told to tell the resort about the mix up.

I was also told that in November, they were having issues with the magic bands, they wouldn’t elaborate. I’ve attached the magic band my son wanted.

Attachments

• B0DA7E3C-7E0B-4AE4-B7DE-02EE60511A7B.jpeg
    B0DA7E3C-7E0B-4AE4-B7DE-02EE60511A7B.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 14
This band seems hard to get. I'm going to be looking for it in the parks when we're there next week.

Omg, after checking for 3 months off and on, I just managed to check out with an Elsa band for my daughter and a Mickey (Riviera) band for my son. :cheer2:

Question...Once you make payment and receive confirmation email are you then guaranteed the magic bands you choose or is there still a chance you'll have to change them? I'm not going until August 2020 but would like to know before I bother with the process. Been going to Disney for years but this new magic band upgrade thing is leaving me 🤷‍♀️

Just to let Canadians (or others who have to pick up their bands at the resort) of a slight glitch.

I had originally booked Caribbean Beach and ordered an upgraded band back in July. I switched my reservation to Beach Club in September. When I checked in last week the upgraded magic band was not at the BC desk to pick up so they gave me a credit for the upgraded band (so that I could buy one from the store) and gave me a regular band. (The original upgraded band was also left in my room the next day.) Not a big deal but just something that can occur for those who order upgraded bands and then change resorts.

Question...Once you make payment and receive confirmation email are you then guaranteed the magic bands you choose or is there still a chance you'll have to change them? I'm not going until August 2020 but would like to know before I bother with the process. Been going to Disney for years but this new magic band upgrade thing is leaving me 🤷‍♀️
From my experience, once I have ordered the upgraded bands, paid and got the confirmation email the bands that arrived were the exact ones I ordered. I am awaiting my second upgraded band I ordered in the mail. It is suppose to come either tomorrow or Tuesday. But it looks good to go.

It looks like they fixed the problems. Today is 180 days out for me. When I finished my ADRs, I was offered the opportunity to order magic bands. I was hesitant because of everything that you have all suffered through, but I gave it a go.

I successfully ordered two castle magic bands and one Riviera Mickey magic band. Easy as could be.

Just to let Canadians (or others who have to pick up their bands at the resort) of a slight glitch.

I had originally booked Caribbean Beach and ordered an upgraded band back in July. I switched my reservation to Beach Club in September. When I checked in last week the upgraded magic band was not at the BC desk to pick up so they gave me a credit for the upgraded band (so that I could buy one from the store) and gave me a regular band. (The original upgraded band was also left in my room the next day.) Not a big deal but just something that can occur for those who order upgraded bands and then change resorts.
I had this same issue! I ordered my Magic Band way before my check-in - and before room discounts were offered for my dates, which had me switching my reservation (and adding one day to the beginning of it) from Pop Century to All-Star Sports. When I checked in, they told me they would ask Pop Century for my MB, but they gave me a regular gray band for the time being.
Come the next morning, it still hasn't been found, but a cast member gave me a voucher for a new band (I went to Disney Springs and got the Dumbo one). The next morning I got a message that my MB was waiting for me at the front desk, so I went ahead and picked it up, too - but checking on the Disney site told me that they'd just given me a new one instead of locating the first. That very night I get another email about my MB -- they'd found the original order. I went home with four new magic bands from one trip.

On MDE I am not able to even order the basic magic bands, as the website returns a 500 error to me. I'd like to call in and check if it's a technical issue related to my account. Does anyone know what's the number that should be called?

Thank you!

On MDE I am not able to even order the basic magic bands, as the website returns a 500 error to me. I'd like to call in and check if it's a technical issue related to my account. Does anyone know what's the number that should be called?

Thank you!
I think its a common issue.. I have been having the problem for months .. told it was Google switch to internet explorer.. same error message either way

I think its a common issue.. I have been having the problem for months .. told it was Google switch to internet explorer.. same error message either way
So, how did you solve it? Just accepted the grey Magic band?

Thank you!
I had this problem back in Sept - Disney Tech said they fixed it but I still couldn’t use the process - I finally signed in as my husband and just ordered the new bands using his ID.

I had this problem back in Sept - Disney Tech said they fixed it but I still couldn’t use the process - I finally signed in as my husband and just ordered the new bands using his ID.

I just tried with my bf account right now, but he gets the same error I've been getting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter