Upgraded Magic Bands

Trying to place these orders may be my least favorite Disney IT thing yet, because it's such a little thing but so incredibly frustrating.
Why, why, WHY keep displaying magic bands which are not really available?

Last edited:
I tried a few more times last night and this morning. I even tried at about 5 am with the same results. I’m done. I just ordered a solid color one.

I am almost there too, Toonses. I just don’t understand the whole process. Makes no sense, why frustrate people and there is no way they aren’t aware this is a misstep.

I had to stop the insanity and give myself a magic band upgrade intervention.
I bought magic band vinyl skins for much less in price and they turned out so cute. I couldn't be happier.
I got one that looks like the MK park map. It is adorable and best thing is, I don't have to lose what's left of my mind.
I'm so disappointed with Disney. It's not about them not wanting to take my money... it's just that it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth when planning isn't that smooth. I would hate to know what newbies are thinking trying to plan for their fist vacation. I would be second guessing my decision to spend my money on Disney.
Hopefully they figure it out soon.

I gave up and just went with regular colored bands. Disney is really losing money by not getting this fixed.

I had to stop the insanity and give myself a magic band upgrade intervention.
I bought magic band vinyl skins for much less in price and they turned out so cute. I couldn't be happier.
I got one that looks like the MK park map. It is adorable and best thing is, I don't have to lose what's left of my mind.
I'm so disappointed with Disney. It's not about them not wanting to take my money... it's just that it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth when planning isn't that smooth. I would hate to know what newbies are thinking trying to plan for their fist vacation. I would be second guessing my decision to spend my money on Disney.
Hopefully they figure it out soon.
Igrsod - would you please share what your vinyls look like and where you purchased them from? DSis would love Coco and that’s a theme that never shows up despite being available for purchase from Disney Store online. Would love to stop the madness LOL

This is literally the most frustrating thing ever. I've been adding Figment to my cart for a week, but can never actually check out. UGH.

This is literally the most frustrating thing ever. I've been adding Figment to my cart for a week, but can never actually check out. UGH.

I had the same problem on figment, the castle one and the 2019 one. I decided purple is good for me and there is a decal on Etsy I really like, though I’d also like to hear where Igrsod got theirs. :)

I had the same problem on figment, the castle one and the 2019 one. I decided purple is good for me and there is a decal on Etsy I really like, though I’d also like to hear where Igrsod got theirs. :)

Ugh, it's so annoying. I'm pretty ready to give up and get solid ones.

I was able to snag a single Castle magic band, it said it was sold out, but since it was still showing as available after a few page refreshes, I kept trying and it worked after a couple tries.

Igrsod - would you please share what your vinyls look like and where you purchased them from? DSis would love Coco and that’s a theme that never shows up despite being available for purchase from Disney Store online. Would love to stop the madness LOL
Ok.. the site I used was magicyourband
They have so many choices.
I searched up coco and found these two.

img_2158_2.jpgimg_2163_1.jpg

I was able to snag a single Castle magic band, it said it was sold out, but since it was still showing as available after a few page refreshes, I kept trying and it worked after a couple tries.

That gives me hope for Figment. I won't give up just yet! :)

Does it matter what color band you order? I am guessing the color doesn't show through the sticker??
You can see a tiny outline of the underlying magic band, so I would order a good colour to blend with the sticker. My green band looked awesome with my park map.

Omg I know. Same here with Figment. I'm still 160 or so days out, so I still have some time.....and I'm definitely glad I do because this has been a full time thing trying to get bands for the 3 of us. Just when I think I have them, I get to the cart and sold out. Almost every single band I choose for us is unavailable. I don't want any more flat colored ones. Especially when we will be going for 2 weeks. I could just buy them when we arrive but I'd rather the upgrade option if we can.

This finally worked for us today! I checked the site again, had to refresh the 7 Dwarves a few times because Disney IT, but then all 4 bands we selected went through, and then the payment did too! Sorcerer Mickey MB coming for this guy. :smickey:

Well, Minnie Style appears this morning...no dice! :( Decided to settle for the Castle (white), nice band so not the end of the world and was able to get blue Sorcerer Mickey for my sister. Got completely to the end of the process, CC info entered and then...’we cannot complete your order. We encountered an error. Please try again later.’ Clicked a number of times and still would not go through. Gave up, have to get ready for work.

Good Lord...I cannot believe the number of times I’ve tried and I now have just one day left to order. Cannot believe how silly this process is and that I remain slightly hopeful at this point! Have tried all of the suggested tricks to no avail.

I got the Minnie Dot one for our January trip with family - but most of the family was just happy with a solid band. Because we have so many kiddos with plain bands - purchased puck decals from here https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheAuburnBee

I added a solo trip in December so am still stalking the bands for something for my solo trip. If nothing turns up soon that I want that feels *festive* I'll probably just choose a red or green band and get a glitter puck head that feels festive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter