Upgrade annual pass?

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
We have annual passes purchased before the DVC discount. We would like to upgrade them to premium annual passes when we go in a couple weeks. Earlier this summer, people were able to do that with no extra charge (and sometimes even getting a refund). Has anyone tried lately?

My experience was early August. I asked for an upgrade, even though I didn't need the PAP items. I bought DVC in May, and my AP in April.

Imagine my surprise when the CM asked for my credit card, and refunded $106 to my card! he didn't do the upgrade, but I was better off based on my needs.

I didn't ask for the refund, just the upgrade. It sounds like there have been mixed results, so I wasn't expecting anything at all. He also said something about the refund being based on the usage on my AP (and I had used it for about 15 days at that point....)

Wishing you good luck! :goodvibes

I had done this in July this year. My original purchase date was August last year. They upgrade our passes & we got a refund of over $20 per person. I really didn't care about the refund (but it was very nice) I was just looking for a way that we could enjoy DQ & the water parks while we were there. Remember - it doesn't hurt to ask.....

Upgraded my ds's child AP to a PAP last week. I orginally purchased it May 05. I received $4 and some change back. He still has two more trips planned before May '06. Wow...now that I am thinking about it...He will have used his AP for 26 days in Disney within one year! Not too bad for a 6 yr. old! :) (and his happy mom...thats me!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter