• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar General

1703096209772.png
  • Get 10% Off Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: ACE Hardware, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, DoorDash, Panera Bread, Rec Room, Steak 'n Shake, PlayStation, Xbox and Xbox Game Pass.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/24/23 - 12/30/23.

Random question, but has anyone seen the Ember and Wade plushes in Disney World recently? We are going in January and my daughter would like to get them and I was thinking that maybe we might find them there. Thanks.
when we there last month, we literally went to every resort gift shop and park gift shop and found no Ember nor Wade. I ordered online, while sitting at the Contemporary, and paid half the price and received when we got home. You can order now and take them on your trip - win win.

I saw the tik tok. This ladies parents were trying to book things a few weeks before going and finally realized. How are you trying to buy tickets a week before going for Christmas!?! There has to be thousands of others out there that don't realize what it takes to plan a trip.

I agree, planning is necessary but some most likely purchased discount flights too good to pass up.

RE: Costco
You don't necessarily need two logins... I bought two sets of two when the deal first came out, and then after reading on Saturday that Costco had "reset" the sale, I've been buying a set of two each day. I'm now at $3k towards my $10k cruise this summer. I'm going to keep going each day until the deal ends.

I had tried to buy a third set last week and got rejected, so I'm taking it at two a day.

Totally agree. We don't have separate logins for one membership, we have two memberships.
On my Executive membership I used my CFF and his Costco Visa.
On his regular membership I used my CFF and his Costco Visa.
Rinse & Repeat.

Really? Interesting. Makes me want to try again tomorrow. We have a trip in March my look is paying for, so have a stay at Boardwalk to pay off…
and @bighuskermav
I posted about this back on 12/16/23.

@MISCdisney21 , @arich35 , @mkymouse40 , @foodiddiedoo
@Heroes_or_Villains
& all,

For those getting cancellations, clear your history, try a different browser and/or try different CC. You can even purchase Costco Shop Cards and then purchase DGC. Not sure how long that's going to last but for now it works.

Lastly, for those looking for Disney gift cards only, go to:
Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Last edited:
If you put a second family member on the account, you SHOULD be able to order another set of two. I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't been able to order four cards/$1000 worth.

In any event, I'm going to continue to monitor the thread...and I probably will try again Friday or Saturday.

DH has not been added to my Executive account and I have had no issues using his Costco Visa to buy DGC.

I agree, planning is necessary but some most likely purchased discount flights too good to pass up.
Interestingly, the first video she posted said they originally planned the trip in 2020 but it was postponed. So while we don't know what level of "planned" the tripped was in 2020, this was by no means a last minute trip. In follow up videos, she said they already had the flights and hotel reservations and they were all going to Orlando, regardless of whether the giftcard/ticket thing ever got worked out.

My anxiety is waaaaay too high to wait until the week before a trip to buy tickets to a place/event that is my central reason for flying to another state. You don't know the stress I had having to wait until November 2022 for the 2023 Military Salute tickets to be released before I could buy tickets for our January 2023 trip. Not for the faint of heart.

NOT Listed

Staples. com

Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x, or with an Amex Business Gold to take advantage of the $20 monthly credit for office supply stores.

What is most interesting is that you can buy a choice home sweet home gift card and then use that to get a Staples gift card. So basically, you can buy from Staples their own gift card for 10% off (even though they never actually sell their own gift card at a discount.)

I have an Amex offer at Home Depot, spend $150 receive $15 statement credit.

Anyone know if it would work if I bought a Disney gift card (if they have them)?

8 Costco GCs ordered so far. 3 other orders cancelled. Will keep trying until the deal goes away

Costco is a lot like Disney in that they don't prioritize their website or the tech stack that supports it. The same cause of the horrible user experience on their app is now working in our favor. I view it as a fair trade

when we there last month, we literally went to every resort gift shop and park gift shop and found no Ember nor Wade. I ordered online, while sitting at the Contemporary, and paid half the price and received when we got home. You can order now and take them on your trip - win win.
Thank you for replying. I actually did order them yesterday as there were only a few options and there was only one set of them that I liked. I didn't want to chance it going out of stock and us not being able to find them anywhere. This tells me that I made the correct choice.

Another Costco gift card cancelled. I was able to get one then the 2nd time it was cancelled and they said payment issue even though it was the same exact card as the first one. This time it says I exceeded my limit

Guess I will only be getting one.

RE: Costco

Totally agree. We don't have separate logins for one membership, we have two memberships.
On my Executive membership I used my CFF and his Costco Visa.
On his regular membership I used my CFF and his Costco Visa.
Rinse & Repeat.

and @bighuskermav
I posted about this back on 12/16/23.

@MISCdisney21 , @arich35 , @mkymouse40 , @foodiddiedoo
@Heroes_or_Villains
& all,

For those getting cancellations, clear your history, try a different browser and/or try different CC. You can even purchase Costco Shop Cards and then purchase DGC. Not sure how long that's going to last but for now it works.

Lastly, for those looking for Disney gift cards only, go to:
Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY
Tried a different cc and the order was canceled immediately. Also used the app VS a website.

I prefer Sam's to Costco simply due to logistics. They are both about a 15 minute drive (in opposite directions) from my house, but the Costco is always a mad house to try and get in/out of because it is located in the same "block" as a major high school and the largest shopping mall in the city. Sam's Club can be a PITA to navigate so I love the curbside pickup option. I will often order online (through SB or Rakuten), especially when I only need 2-3 items, and just have them arranged for curbside pickup. We have the "Plus" membership so there is no charge so it is wonderful not having to navigate through the whole store just to pick up a box of protein bars and some meat sticks when I run out of snacks for my lunch. I think the employees are giggling when they can carry my entire order in their hands instead of pushing a cart full of stuff out to the parking lot.

I am so thankful for this thread. I bought a set of DGC at Costco the day they were realized. I never would have attempted for another set without this set bc I am a rule follower and if the limit is 2 I get 2. After reading here, I decided to see if we could get another set for DH and it worked no problem. I asked him for his Costco log in but apparently he never set his up. I used my log in with his shipping info and his credit card and the e-cards arrived quickly. He did ask me what scam I was up to when I asked for his Costco log in🙄

I just paid my $2400 in dvc dues two days ago and saved at least 10% thanks to these boards. We have a WDW trip coming up and a Disney cruise in the fall so I need to start building up again.

So what is the best way to use these on vacation? I tried adding to AppleWallet, but it wouldn't work. Do we trust DisneyGiftCard.com for combining? I'd like to use it for booking Individual Lightning Lanes, but not sure I'll have time to enter a gift card!

So what is the best way to use these on vacation? I tried adding to AppleWallet, but it wouldn't work. Do we trust DisneyGiftCard.com for combining? I'd like to use it for booking Individual Lightning Lanes, but not sure I'll have time to enter a gift card!
If you buy a e-gift card direct from ShopDisney (it can just be a really small one), it’ll come with a link to add it to Apple Wallet. Then you can use disneygiftcard.com to combine other GCs (electronic or physical) with that one. Your Apple Wallet will always show the balance as the original GC amount, but every time you use the GC, you’ll see the new balance both on the payment terminal and your receipt. And yes, consolidating at disneygiffcard.com is totally safe - just delete your GCs after you consolidate; don’t “store” them on the website.

As for using it to buy G+, ILLs or for mobile order, you can’t save a GC in MDE (or I believe, use a GC stored in Apple Wallet). What many folks do is save the GC number and EAN in their Notes on their phone. Then you can just copy and paste it when making a payment. Super quick and easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter