I think the reason that a lot of people are confused/upset is if you go back to the old thread, the reason given for moving to the new thread was
"There's a lot of content in this thread that is plain dead."

But all of a sudden the new thread is totally different throwing in deals for all types of gift cards. Why can't we have 2 separate threads, one specifically for Disney gift cards which is what the old thread was for?
You are more than welcome to start a Disney GC only thread. You can also do your own research and find deals on your own.

I don't care for the fuel rewards and don't have many of the ccs mentioned but I just skip over those and keep reading. If it was a thread about a one step to DGC it would be a page long - for weeks.

I also get many other cards for our Disney trips - airlines, Uber, Landry's Starbucks, Amazon, clothing, gas (if driving), restaurants nearby or on the way to WDW etc.

Last edited:
I can use an example from slickdeals. I was looking for a Nintendo Switch deal before Christmas. Every time a new discount deal for the Nintendo Switch would get posted, or once it made front page, a mod or somebody would always post the current best deals on the Nintendo Switch, and it wasn't always obvious. One of those times I realized the best deal noted was buying a GameStop gift card at 15% off at Dollar General, and then buying the Nintendo Switch at GameStop using the gift card. So you were basically buying the Switch for 15% off which was one of the best deals you could get during this past holiday shopping season. If I had not seen that "Current best deals" note, I might have settled for a smaller deal.

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry, I have to say something here. Fox is doing this FOR FREE. Saving all of us hundreds or thousands of dollars.

There's no Kroger, Meijer near me. I scroll past. I don't have a credit card with rewards that I can use to benefit, I scroll past.

I do NOT complain that someone's hard effort to save me money is not tailored specifically to my needs and my needs alone.

If you have an issue with it, do not like the format or what all is included, you can of course start your own thread.

Fox, please do not change a thing. Most of us truly appreciate the comprehensiveness of this thread and your thorough work.

I agree, I love the format. There are for sure some straightforward deals in saving money or Disney GC's, but taking those extra steps and combining deals brings about a much larger savings. Also, as much as you may try, a Disney vacation does not involve everything getting paid to Disney, such as flight costs and some dining, I would prefer to see all deals.

Added Offers

Discount District
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Gift Cards Limit 10, Expires 2/15/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount) YMMV Expires 2/15/20 Link

Amazon: $20/$40 Off $50/$100 When You Use 1 Membership Rewards Point YMMV Expires 3/31/2020 Link

Chase Ultimate Rewards: Save 5-10% On Select Gift Cards Expires 2/29/20 Link

Interesting
Mygiftcardplus: 10%-20% Back On Lowe’s/Carrabba’s & More Giftcards In The Form Of Swagbucks Expiration Unknown Link

GiftCardMall: Save 20% On $25 Gift Cards For Topgolf, Steak n’ Shake, Jiffy Lube & Bow Tie Cinemas Expires 2/14/20 Link

DH can always use a lowes gift card and swagbucks for the day met! Thanks for the mygiftcardsplus tip!

@FoxC63 - could you maybe just...figure out exactly what I want to see...and then tag me anytime a deal that matters to me comes up? Also, in case I miss the tag...could you also send me a PM about the deal?? And then, also send me a reminder before the deal expires? If you could just do all of that for me, I'd really appreciate it...mmmk!

giphy.gif

/s

Can I say I want only Disney Gift Card deals?! Preferably direct and easy from Disney. None of this credit card rewards stuff for all the credit cards I don’t have. And please don’t list stores that aren’t located near me. Only national chains. Better yet, online only so I don’t have to get up off my couch. I don’t care about any other deals. I don’t even care if those other deals can save me money that could be going towards Disney. I don’t budget like that. All these deals are making this thread too hard for me to digest. It’s too hard on my eyes and fingers to scroll past what doesn’t apply to me. I don’t care about how hard it might be for @FoxC63 and others to bring this information to me. If you can make this happen, this thread would be perfect for me.

:cool2:

New Jersey is now the only state that does not allow any driver to fill up their own gas tanks. At gas stations in Oregon in counties with fewer than 40,000 people they can fill their own gas. A couple random towns also outlaw self serve stations, one on NY and one in MA.

Fuel Points in NJ are not worth it. The few stations that you can use this are Shell and ridiculously priced. Even then attendants may argue that they must place the hose away before you start the car for safety reasons. And since NJ doesn't permit membership for gas stations, you are better off filling at Sams or Costco - much better prices.

This past summer we drove cross country from NJ to Vancouver. Filling in the first time in Oregon, I pumped my own like I had been doing on the other 7 days before. But on the next fill up what a surprise when the attendant came running saying I couldn't pump on my own. Talk about confusing!

Well, yeah, because it's a self-selecting group. I don't get why there couldn't be a thread for everything else and a thread for Disney GC. There was already a perfectly good thread for Disney GC. Instead of leaving it up, or starting a new one with the same format, it was locked and shut down. If this current format is more popular, it would eventually have had much more posts (and the disney gc only thread would have naturally died down). This is not a knock on the effort that @FoxC63 has put into this thread.

Having contributed to hundreds of pages in the old Disney Gift Card Deals thread, I can tell you the reason why that thread had as many posts as it did was because of the Target-eBay churn that ran roughly from August 2015 through September 2016. Literally, 10 pages would be generated whenever there was an 8% or 10% eBay Bucks deal. That deal accounted for about half the content of the 2172 pages of the old thread, running from about the 200s through almost page 1,200, and beyond to continue discussing offshoots of that strategy. After that deal died, it took over 3 years to generate not even another 1,000 pages. Half the content in that old thread is long DEAD.

I think @FoxC63 and other contributors here are doing amazing work finding deals and keeping this thread updated, considering how much harder it is nowadays to find good deals on Disney and other gift cards.

If you’d like to see something else, please go ahead and do it.

Last edited:
Wow! The reactions on this thread are unexpected. I thought the budget board was a place we could voice our opinions and not get jusged, attacked or mocked.

We're all entitled to our own opinions without these type of reactions.
I'm just having some fun :D :D Neither @Lain nor I were targeting any specific folks...just more attempting to illustrate the selfishness that all of us can exhibit sometimes in wanting somebody else to DO the work for us and present the content in the way WE want it.

Truth be told though, to anybody here who isn't thanking @FoxC63 profusely for the work done here to make this thread useful, take a look in the mirror, because unless you were willing to put in that work...accept things as they are (which appears GREAT to me). And there is nothing stopping anybody from starting their own thread and producing their own content in a manner acceptable to them. Since I'm not willing to produce this content, I'll sit back, be a consumer of said content, and enjoy it in whatever manner it is presented to me! :D :D

Last edited:
I love the format and everything Fox has done! I'm just wondering if people are maybe overwhelmed and potentially confused by some of the content on the first page. I know if you're new to certain threads like this and the credit cards thread. It can be a lot of information to sift through and is sometimes hard to understand how certain strategies are suppose to work and benefit you? And we've all been on these boards/threads so long and have built relationships with one another I could see how it might be a little intimidating? I'm just wondering if some of the frustration is maybe misdirected?

Keep up the good work Fox you're doing great! <3

Please, I greatly appreciate the support but we need to focus on the topic without being over the top. I opened up the topic for discussion and no one should be attacked here.

Let's focus and move forward.

@bbsearchlight Post #404 "the deals for happy gift cards only occur in November and December. I don't remember seeing any happy card deals from January thru November of last year. " I believe she's referring to stacking offers, which she did at BBB via rebate.

@erc Post #420 "Maybe the very first post on this thread should be the best current offers on simply buying Disney Gift cards. And maybe broken down by how much you are looking for. Because some of the offers have limits. So if I am looking for $3,000 in gift cards some of the offers would not be the best. It would be more work, but maybe someone would find fun in doing that." I get some of this but not all of it. I can make the first post about DGC's. Though I'm stumped on how to do the breakdown based on the current offers. Most CC offers are targeted and have limits. Obtaining $3,000 is more of a bulk buy and currently BJ's offer is no longer valid. Again, based on current offers how does someone go about getting $3,000 in DGC?

@erc Post #422 "I can use an example from slickdeals. I was looking for a Nintendo Switch deal before Christmas." I get the reference with slickdeals as I've posted a few deals there myself. Based on current offers, do you see any that can be done in the same manner? Anyone? Personally, I don't see it. So, @erc why don't you figure it out and post it. I'll add it to the Main Page on Post #1.

@afan Post #432 "Wow! The reactions on this thread are unexpected. I thought the budget board was a place we could voice our opinions and not get jusged, attacked or mocked. We're all entitled to our own opinions without these type of reactions. "
I agree. I meant it whole hardheartedly that this is a community thread and we should work together. Many apologies to anyone feeling crushed.

I agree. I meant it whole hardheartedly that this is a community thread and we should work together. Many apologies to anyone feeling crushed

I think for some this is part of it. This thread seems very structured with one or two people posting most of the stuff. The ladt thread had the community abd the conversation about deals and how they work. We've lost that that part and while some didn't like having to wade through evetything you had people posting about how they did x or y and now it's just a post.about the deal.

Now I'm not saying either way is better as they both have their advantages but I do miss the conversation but also realize it's a slow time of year for deals.

@FoxC63 I wonder if it's something as simple as a note in the Discount District that says:
Stores X, Y, Z carry Disney GCs
And another that says:
Gift Cards to A, B, C, & D have been successfully converted to Disney cards but your mileage may vary

And for BJs or CC deals just link to the post?

And then just have everything else in the post as is. Because I think everyone in this thread for the most part is enjoying the deals for stores other than Disney. No matter what way you slice it, it still saves you money.

If you all can take a look see on Post #1
I've deleted a lot to make room for Disney Gift Cards ONLY :cheer2:
So let's fill it in! Based on current offers post what you think belongs there and I'll put it there. Fair enough?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter