• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Data Point Information is located on Post #2 Discount District
Walmart (WM) DP:
  • It's still possible to buy GCs with WM GCs but double check for yourself at your stores as it maybe regional.
  • It has been reported WM e-gift cards are no longer working at Sam's Club in-store however, you can still use them when purchasing online.
  • You can load your WM GCs onto your WM account and then use the Walmart Pay feature within the Walmart app at checkout.
I've not read any new reports of things changing here. I hope others respond if it has. I'll be happy to update.
Would this walmart pay feature still work at sams club? Like load the wm gc onto walmart pay then pay in person at sams club for the gc?

Would this walmart pay feature still work at sams club? Like load the wm gc onto walmart pay then pay in person at sams club for the gc?

I asked the same question here but have not received any reports. I would love to update the DP's so if anyone knows something don't be shy!

I just got this email from Discover -
I just got a similar email only mine is a bonus 2% up to $40 cashback.

I have a really old version of this card. It only pays .25% cashback on the first $3,000 of non-bonus spending then it goes to 1% for the rest of the anniversary year. I only use it for the 5% bonus categories.

So on the Chase rewards site happy cards are 10% off. So if I get 400$ worth of happy cards (physical cards) that can be used at Lowe’s then I can get Disney cards at Lowe’s using the happy cards, correct?

So on the Chase rewards site happy cards are 10% off. So if I get 400$ worth of happy cards (physical cards) that can be used at Lowe’s then I can get Disney cards at Lowe’s using the happy cards, correct?
Or is there a better way to use that 400$ worth of points towards my trip?

Fair warning - Happy Cards can be a pain to deal with. I've had two cards that would not swipe at Home Depot so I could not use them in the store. I still have one of these cards that I've been using up bit by bit online for instore pickup. It's annoying though because I intended to use them for GCs. I have used Happy Cards at Lowes without issues in the past, but after the HD experience I'm done buying these cards. They do not make me happy. 😁 If you happen to have a Chase Freedom card (5% through paypal this quarter) and a BJs membership, maybe you could wait a bit to see if BJs runs a GC sale like last year and take your $400 as cash back to cover that purchase.

It's YMMV, no way around that. Test it first. I personally do not recommend buying $400 worth. Again, more have commented this loop has closed. I haven't seen anyone posting they were successful in over a year.

I agree with @happ I'm not happy with this brand either.

Added Offers - 10/09/20

Disney Gift Card Deals
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Third Party Gift Cards
  • Limit 10.
  • You can buy one $500 gift card to max out this offer – you don’t have to buy ten separate $50 gift cards.
  • Offer valid October 11 thru October 24, 2020.
  • Excludes the following gift card brands:
    • Meijer, iTunes, Amazon, Gaming, Sling TV, Google Play, CBS All Access, Spotify, HBO NOW, Hulu, Steam, Phone cards, Prepaid debit, Visa, Mastercard and American Express
    • Use a credit card that earns more at grocery stores.
    • :thumbsup2 @Pharmgirl123 Post #2031

Discount District
Kroger: Save 5% On Select Gift Cards
ShopRite: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Save $10 On Next Shopping Order
  • Includes: Darden, Panera Bread and Fanatics
  • Stores In Maryland - Expires 10/15/20
  • Stores Outside Of Maryland - Offer valid October 11, 2020 and October 17, 2020.
  • Must be one transaction. Limit one per customer. Link

Last edited:
Rakuten: Earn 3%/3x On Gift Card Purchases From Sam’s Club
Also in Tip & Ideas, GC Galore states;
"Sam’s Club giveth and Sam’s Club taketh away. The taketh-ing away has come in the form of them no longer allowing you to buy third party gift cards with Walmart gift cards online."

Walmart (WM) DP: UPDATE
  • As of 10/06/20, Sams online is no longer an option for purchasing Disney GC with WM/Sams gift cards. Post #1989:thumbsup2@snugglebug
    • Walmart Gift Cards No Longer Usable For Gift Cards At SamsClub.com Link
  • You can load your WM GCs onto your WM account and then use the Walmart Pay feature within the Walmart app at Walmart checkout.

I'll be late posting on Monday, Oct 12th due to an ophthalmologist appointment. He's finally receiving clients and I couldn't be more thrilled! My eyes hurt so much!

Please post deals you find, be kind to each other and have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether restaurants at City Walk / Disney Springs / in the parks code as dining or travel for Bank of America 3% categories?

Does anyone know whether restaurants at City Walk / Disney Springs / in the parks code as dining or travel for Bank of America 3% categories?
I don’t know the answer to this, but somebody on the I love credit cards thread might know. I’d imagine they’d code for dining though.

I need some gift card help ..
I bought a disney store giftcard.
I lost the physical card but the number is on my disneygiftcard.com
How do I move it to a physical card?
I got a blank card but it would not let me add it I guess because it was not activated.
I would love to use it but I dont even have the number.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter