• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update on the Email notification situation

Hi Alex:

I have stopped getting my email notifications. I have verizon.net DSL. Is there any hope???

This is really annoying me now. I start/reply to threads and a day or two later there are a thousand new ones. Can't follow up on any threads. I have not had e-mail notifications for a while now.

I have also been trying to speak to mikesmom88 so that she can e-mail me privately, but it is impossible to get her since I don't think she knows to check her private messages like me. (Now I know of course).

I want my e-mail notifications, very unhappy here too.

Okay, somebody, anybody. I have just found all of yesterdays responses in my spam folder from webmaster@wdwinfo.com. I highleted that these are not junk mail and they went back to my e-mail address. How do I remove your e-mail address from the spam/junk mail list. I must have done what betterlatethannever posted and accidentally send one of your emails reported as spam. I did this months ago. Help. I really want to keep up with the threads on wdwinfo. Thank you.

I just found out that at work (newer version of aol) I have a "Spam Folder" on my mail page listing the number of Spams I have. When I clicked on it I found a notification to a thread I had subscribed to. I then clicked on "This is not Spam" and it went into my unread mail list. Unfortunately my 8.0 version at home doesn't give me that option. ~:(~

Since I have highlighted all the messages from wdw that they were not spam, I have and am receiving all my e-mail notifications. Now I can follow-up/reply to threads I subscribe to.

I have AOL and the disboard's notifications aren't the only emails I haven't been getting. But here's a possible solution: If we put the email address in our address books, AOL (in theory, at least) will not block emails from those addresses.

So, now I need the email address from which the disboards sends the notifications. (I'm new and have never received an email, so I don't have the address.) Can someone help?

Actually Montessori that is EXACTLY the problem. If just 10 or so AOL members decide that they don't want to get the notifications and just click the spam button because they can't be bothered to unsubscribe from the board.
Trust me, I have spent MANY hours talking to the AOL spam techs. Truthfully they are very frustrated. They admit that they are blocking as much good email as spam. Spam is the numbe one customer complaint though and they have to try to stop it.

YIPPEE!!! I just received notification to your post in my regular (not Spam) mailbox!!! Let's hope it stays that way. ~:D~

Originally posted by Alex
Actually Montessori that is EXACTLY the problem. If just 10 or so AOL members decide that they don't want to get the notifications and just click the spam button because they can't be bothered to unsubscribe from the board.
Trust me, I have spent MANY hours talking to the AOL spam techs. Truthfully they are very frustrated. They admit that they are blocking as much good email as spam. Spam is the numbe one customer complaint though and they have to try to stop it.

I understand what you are saying, Alex.
I think AOL should give up on Spam Control until they can figure out how to do it right.
I have a lot of important email go directly to the Spam folder, and still plenty of Spam gets through.

But, the problem isn't EXACTLY what the other poster stated.
I, myself, never accidently reported good Email as Spam, causing all emails from that site to be viewed as Spam. If that was the case, I could go to my Spam controls and fix the problem.

Also, when I don't receive Email notifications from the Dis (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't), the emails can't be found in the Spam folder. I don't know what's up with that.

I don't care about the notifications anymore but I do care about many of the other important email that gets sent to my Spam folder.
My address book is a mile long now, as that's the only way to be sure to get certain emails, and I have to check my Spam folder often to see what good stuff has been put there.

AOL needs to fix the problem.

:sunny:

Well, my aol email notifications are now not working! They were working at the beginning of the week and now they have stopped!!! Ahhhhhhhh! It's driving me nuts! I have just added the webmaster@wdwinfo.com to my address book in hope that it may solve the problem! The worse bit is that i am not finding the emails i dont receive in my span folder! They are just not there!

Chris

My ISP is Frontiernet.net and I have never been able to receive the e-mail notifications. I've even checked my spam folder and they are not there. I've gotten mail directly from Pete regarding a PM I sent him (and it did not get blocked by my ISP). I've even checked to see if the webmaster address is in my safe folder, and it is. Any other suggestions?

I've been having sporadic problems with the email notifications, and now it's been about 4 days since I've received any. I use Yahoo for mail, and they aren't being filtered into my Bulk folder either. :(

I have Gmail and my email notifications stopped late last week.. They are not in the SPAM folder either : (

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter