• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update on the Email notification situation

W

WebmasterAlex

It should be cleared up with most of the NON AOL users. If it isn't please let me know your provider and I will look at it.
I have contacted AOL and they are investigating. I didn't get the impression it was going to be a particularly high priority.
It is defitely AOL blocking the emails we have no control whatsoever in that, they are being sent.

Thank you for clarifying the email problem. I thought I was the only one. Unfortunately, I have AOL!

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Just so you all can see it here is what happens when our email server tries to talk to an AOL server. We are not an open relay it's been tested many times. I am waiting for an upper level tech at AOL to get back to me:

Remote host said: 550-The IP address you're using to connect to AOL is either open to the 550-free relaying of e-mail, is serving as an open proxy, or is a dynamic
550-(residential) IP address. AOL cannot accept further e-mail 550-transactions from your server until either your server is closed to free 550-relaying/proxy, or your ISP removes your IP address from their list of 550-dynamic IP addresses. For additional information, please visit 550 http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

Webmaster Alex,

Thanks for the update. I don't have AOL as my ISP, and I stopped getting email a few weeks ago, so I guess my server is doing the same thing.

pin

My provider is SBC/DSL and I am still not getting email notification

pin

pinnie,
I just sent a test, let me know if you get a really strange email with the word test in it

MY EMAIL notification is BACK!!!

Life is GOOD!

Thank you all for getting my user name back today AND my email notification!!!!!!!

pin

Thanks for the clarification.....I too am an AOL user, but appreciate your efforts to try and get things up and running for us in AOL-land!

Have a great day!:D

I am working with AOL on this end. If they do not fix this problem quickly they will not have me as a customer. I told them that. Not that they care but I do.

I have spoken to AOL several times. They keep telling me it needs to be handeled by "upper level" tech support but they won't let me talk to them. They refuse to give me any information..

Alex,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the AOL e-mail notification problem.I have cable modem(RoadRunner) but I use AOL for e-mail. Hopefully AOL will rectify the problem soon.:mad:

P.S. Mine hasn't worked for a week now.

I appreciate all who are helping to work on this problem by calling or whatever.....now that I know what's going on, I'll call also.
Figures.....I'm still getting TONS of junk mail, but the mail I DO want is being blocked ! I'm so tempted to leave AOL and it's not just this issue. Many things have been building---I was getting constantly knocked off last week with the "host resetting" error messages. I couldn't even sign on for a entire 5 hours one day.

This is the email I received from an AOL Tech.

"If the undelivered e-mail originates from an Internet address, and Mail Controls are set to allow Internet e-mail, there are several steps you can take.

- Please contact the sender of the e-mail to verify they have
the correct e-mail address (screenname@aol.com).

- If the sender has the correct e-mail address, please ask
them try to send the e-mail again.

- If there are difficulties sending the e-mail again, please have
the sender contact the Postmaster of their domain (for
example: AOL Members would contact
postmaster@aol.com). The Postmaster will check for any
e-mail gateway problems between the sender's Internet
Service Provider (ISP) and America Online.

AOL may have received large amounts of "junk" or "spam" email from someone on this domain name. The addresses of domains that send this type of email to AOL members are added to the Preferred Mail, Blocked List. Because the Preferred Mail, Blocked Sites list is not updated daily to remove domains from the list, it does not immediately display these sites when added.

America Online have a process that goes through our database of open proxies and tests them every 24 hours. If we find that our attempts to use your open ports are unsuccessful, we will change the status of your server from open to closed. We will then remove your IP from our block list and push the changes into production. These processes are automated, and "unblocks" generally occur in about 24 hours.

If you would like to test your e-mail server against our database, enter the IP address on the site below:

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/opse.html

Or you can asked your ISP or ASP to contact AOL at:

703-265-4670"
:confused:

I have called several times, they can't explain it. They also keep promising somebody will call back, nobody has

I am an AOL e-mail user and I just started to get notifications again today(tuesday) around 5:00 pm. Thanks for getting the problem corrected Alex, or who ever contributed from the tech boards.;)

Same with me----I'm AOL and just about 5 pm my email notification started kicking back in. Thanks Alex and anyone else.

It's like a dam broke, and I got a flood of mail from the Dis again!!! Thanks to whoever fixed the problem!!!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter