Update on my Super Shuttle DISaster

I am really relieved to see webray's post. After reading this thread, I got very nervous, since we are supposed to take Supershuttle from LA to DL tomorrow. We went with the exclusive van, because with the number of us, it made sense pricewise. But I read so many negatives, it was good to see someone had a positive experience!

Tink33, I really hope they make things right for you!

CJDrew's Mom :earsgirl:

10 messages left and I was finally able to speak to a live person today. I get the impression that no one wanted to talk to me. Their first response was to tell me that I was out of luck. However, once I explained the whole story and how the driver was over an hour late picking me up they said that they needed to do more "research" to determine why the driver was late.

The supervisor claimed that they would settle with me. I did mention that I had shared my story with a few people who were looking for a shuttle service in Los Angeles. I also have the contact information for the troubleshooter on KTLA news.

Did I mention that I rarely give up? ;)

*** I wanted to add that the reason that I am having problems with them now is that they decided that my window of travel was too tight. My pickup was for 2 hours and 50 minutes before my flight and SuperShuttle feels that was not enough time for travel from Anaheim to LAX on a late Friday night. So if you do decide to use SuperShuttle, make sure that you give yourself more than 3 hours. As was explained to me today, they do have traffic and mechanical issues that can cause delays. (In my case neither of those issues applied.)

Tink -- their explanation is absurd. The *reason* you were late was not because of the window. Your window was fine. It only took 45 minutes to get to the airport. The reason you were late was because SS took so long to get to you.

If you had encountered delays on the way to the airport, perhaps they would have a point (although 2:45 is plenty). But you did not. THEY encountered delays before you even were picked up, which has nothing to do with you and cannot possibly be your fault.

The premise -- that if you had scheduled your pick up for 10 minutes earlier your crappy driver would have gotten you there earlier is complete and utter bullspit. Do not give up on this one.

The bottom line is that once they picked you up, it only took 45 minutes to get to the airport. I would continually harp on that point. More important, you should say that if they had ever been honest with you about how late the shuttle was going to be, you would have simply hopped into one of the many cabs at the train station.

Hmmm, well, if they think that the window for travel was too tight, then they shouldn't have accepted your fare, and recommended that you get a taxi.

That is still unacceptable.

Good luck, Lesley

I agree about that window being "to tight" as when you book with them online and put in your flight times that the times they spit out are usually 2.30 before...

-em

Lesley...any further updates? Or are you still out the $$ because of 10 lousy minutes?

I consulted an attorney and was advised to file in small claims court. I will let you know the outcome later this month.

I stopped all conversations when I was told (paraphrase), "If we had to pay out for everyone that we didn't get to their destination on time, we would no longer be in business." They did admit they were at fault, so I will let the judge decide.

Tink33 said:
I consulted an attorney and was advised to file in small claims court. I will let you know the outcome later this month.

I stopped all conversations when I was told (paraphrase), "If we had to pay out for everyone that we didn't get to their destination on time, we would no longer be in business." They did admit they were at fault, so I will let the judge decide.

OMG! That is a completely unacceptable excuse!
I sure hope they don't get away with it!

Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter