Update on my Super Shuttle DISaster

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I had a horrible experience with Super Shuttle on May 13th and posted a bad review here on the Disneyland Board.

I just got off the phone with Quality Assurance (after a 40 minute hold time - I guess there are lots of complaints) and they asked me to send proof of the $700 airplane ticket I was forced to purchase to get to my destination on time. The information will be forwarded to a supervisor for review this week.

I will keep you updated on the results.

Sorry to hear about your experience, Tink. I've been in and out of the boards for a while but what happened?...if you don't mind me asking.

First,

lap3 - Here's a link to the original thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=797122 pirate:

Second,

Tink33 -

I read the original thread and I am so sorry. That's the big fear I have in investing a significant amount of money on a trip to anything Disney. There are too many people that I have to rely on that don't get the Disney experience. I am somewhat more confident now that Disney is offering vacation insurance when you book through them. At least, I'll have some recourse if something goes wrong. I trust the rest of the trip was a memorable one? pirate:

Just read Tinks post on Super Shuttle and I feel for you. In 2001. They nearly screwed up our pick up for our flight home and then tried to blame me. (Had told them to pick us up at the Raddison Limited on Harbor. They went to the Raddison Maingate.)

That trip report at: http://www.wowway.com/~kitsune under 'Disney trip reports'.

#1 reason why I'm using a rental car this time.

Hey, Lesley. I hope they do right by you. That was really unacceptable that they picked you up so late.

Thanks for the input.

I have had shuttle anxiety since using Mears at WDW a few years back. I had been considering SuperShuttle, but there is no way I could have piece of mind at this point.

Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
First,

lap3 - Here's a link to the original thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=797122 pirate:

Second,

Tink33 -

I read the original thread and I am so sorry. That's the big fear I have in investing a significant amount of money on a trip to anything Disney. There are too many people that I have to rely on that don't get the Disney experience. I am somewhat more confident now that Disney is offering vacation insurance when you book through them. At least, I'll have some recourse if something goes wrong. I trust the rest of the trip was a memorable one? pirate:
Thanks for the link, Capt! Like the others, Tink, I hope that SuperShuttle is able to resolve this for you in the best way for you. Let us know how it goes...

Wow, that is awful!

I was my experience two years ago that I had to get through a lot of red tape just to find that I could catch the shuttle to DL at the John Wayne Airport just by walkingout the doors to the second "island". Their phone
service left a lot to be desired for sure.

The service from SNA to Candy Cane Inn was uneventful, as was the
return back to SNA. Maybe the LAX area Super Shuttle drivers were the 'bad apples.'

I was planning on taking SS next month from SNA again, but I'd get upset
if they were not there to take me to the airport. :(

If you want to hear the whole saga, read on:

My problems began at the Amtrak station in San Diego. When I checked in, the clerk was not really paying attention. He asked for my id several times and didn't print up enough tags for my luggage at first. I asked my DH to make sure that my luggage made it on the train. The train was about 10 minutes late due to some problems. I was seated on the train looking out the window at DH when last boarding call was announced. He ran to the conductor and said that my bags had not been loaded. The train was stopped and all luggage in the station was then placed on the train. During the trip to Anaheim, the train was stopped a few times for trains heading southbound to pass. I was so stressed that I would miss my shuttle. We made up time and arrived at the station. I exited the train immediately to make sure my bags were unloaded. They were on the platform and as I approached the porter he had to run off to greet the other train pulling into the station. So there I am with 180 pounds of luggage to get from the platform into the station so that I will not miss my shuttle. I made it about 1/4 of the way when the owner of the other baggage came to my rescue. I only set the scene so that you can see my state of mind before my shuttle problems begin.

I am sitting on my luggage outside the Amtrak station waiting for Super Shuttle to pick me up. When they are about 8 minutes late, I call to confirm their location. I am transferred to dispatch who asks me if I mind meeting the driver outside the parking lot. (The Amtrak station is inside the parking lot of Edison Field - home of the Angels.) I calmly explain that I have too much luggage to handle myself. The dispatcher says that the driver will pick me up in 5 minutes. 20 minutes go by and no driver. I call again, transfer to dispatch and they can't believe I have not been picked up yet. I am on hold for what seems like an eternity. The dispatcher comes back on the line and says that the driver will be there within 10 minutes with no other explanation. I am panicked at this point. I call DH and he gets involved too. He calls Super Shuttle from home. Another 20 minutes go by and no driver in site. It is now my 3rd call to Super Shuttle. They put me through to dispatch again, I hold again, but this time they hang up on me after 5 minutes. At this point I am neither calm or pleasant!!! I call DH and ask him to start looking into alternate flights because I know that I won't make it. Approximately 12 minutes, later I see the shuttle van enter the parking lot. The driver sits in his seat once he parks. I open the back van door, load all of my luggage and get into the back of the van. I do not say one word to the driver because the dispatcher is yelling for him to pick up his radio. The driver ignores him. I call DH to tell him that the driver finally picked me up and to get the alternate flight info. I do not say one word to the driver because the things that I think about saying will certainly get me booted from the van and I envision myself sitting along an LA freeway with all of my luggage. ;) When we arrive at the airport 45 minutes later, the driver again sits in his seat while I begin to unload my bags. He gets out just in time to unload the last bag. All he gets from me is a "thank you" and no tip.

I try to check in with the skycap service, but am flagged and must go inside for check in. By the time that I get to the front, they are about to start boarding my plane and I am denied boarding because I am too late. The next flight leaves in the morning and will arrive after my cruise ship is set to sail. It is at this point that I sit in the middle of the Delta terminal and start crying. I just want to go home and tell DH this on the phone. After 5 minutes of crying and stares from hundreds of travellers, I stand up and start the process of going from terminal to terminal in search of a flight that will leave LAX that night. Each time I get to a different airline ticket desk, I find their flight to MCO is full. My last hope is American Airlines. A supervisor takes pity on me and gets me on the last flight out of LAX to MCO that night. It is not direct, I have a connection at DFW and I will have to hurry to catch my next flight. Around 12:30 am - 7 hours after my saga began I am on a plane headed for Orlando.

Someday, I hope that I can laugh at this story. Until then, I just want the money I spent on the new ticket to be refunded by Super Shuttle.

Makin' me cry, Tink. I feel so badly for you. Maybe we should all send letter to Super Shuttle stating that if you don't get your money back then we'll all boycott the shuttle, along with all our family and friends. :grouphug: Maybe after 100 or so letters they'll get the point.

pirate:

This has raised one question for me. When you create a quote or book your trip through the DL website after you choose your flight you have the option of being picked up by a shuttle, take a bus, or rent a car. What shuttle picks you up if you choose the shuttle option?

pirate:

Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
This has raised one question for me. When you create a quote or book your trip through the DL website after you choose your flight you have the option of being picked up by a shuttle, take a bus, or rent a car. What shuttle picks you up if you choose the shuttle option?

pirate:

Our 2001 trip that was nearly screwed up by SuperShuttle (and included a room theft at a 'good neighbor' hotel) WAS a Disney booked trip. :headache:

Leslie I had no idea of your saga!!!

My Super Shuttle experience from the port was less than magical, but nothing nearly as bad as that!!

Hope they make good by you

Debbie

yeartolate said:
Thanks for the input.

I have had shuttle anxiety since using Mears at WDW a few years back. I had been considering SuperShuttle, but there is no way I could have piece of mind at this point.

Same here. Now I think I'm back at square one for transportation options . . .

Tink33, I am so sorry to read what happened to you!! It sounds like it was/is a nightmare!

Reading this makes me really nervous. We are taking the last flight out of LAX on our return date (Sunday). We fly out at 1:57pm. I was going to have Super Shuttle pick us up at the Marriott at 11:00am. Now I am wondering if we should either use a different mode of transportation or have them pick us up even earlier. YIKES! What a terrible story. I feel awful that you had to go through something like that.

Lesley, I'm so sorry about the bad start to your trip. I'm guessing you chose to take the train/shuttle to LA rather than fly out of San Diego because of a non-stop flight to MCO from LAX, right? I'm also guessing you didn't purchase trip insurance, or else you would be filing a claim with them instead of fighting with SuperShuttle now.

I hope you had a fabulous time on the cruise, in spite of the big mess you had in the beginning.

Hi Nancy. Yes, I flew from LAX because of the non-stop flight. I did purchase trip insurance, but a missed flight is not covered.

If you are faced with a cancelled or missed flight, just call the hotline center for 24-hour infomation on alternate flights. We can provide you with scheduled departure and arrival times of alternate, direct flights only. We do not book reservations or pay for tickets.

Then, the Airport Bus schedule was annoying...every hour at 20 till, except they can show up any time up to 30 minutes after that....

So, going to the hotel I used Yellow Cab and have nothing bad to say about them. Returning, the desk clerks suggested I use Jag Transportation. They were very timely, had good drivers, are allowed to use the diamond lane so you don't get stuck in traffic, and were the same price as a cab.

They have Limos, Town Cars, and Vans. Their phone # is 714-381-9897.

I don't have a web addy, but you might give them a call and ask for their pricing to LAX. I was impressed by their service!

I hope that they don't just get off with an oops about the tickets -- you called in plenty of time, and they kept telling you they were coming -- if they had been up front about it, you could have got a taxi and saved yourself the extra plane fare and aggravation.

:hug:

Wow, that is too bad.

We have never ever had a problem with super shuttle (van or private car service) in any of the major cities we have used it in, including LA.

We had the private car service when the ship arrived in LA on 5/28. We had scheduled a 10am pick up, we didn't get out of the port until almost 11am, and the guy was there, waiting for us and was very very nice.

When we left the GC resort to head for LAX, at 4am, three days later, the driver was already there when we exited the resort bright and early, in a limo none the less, just for us.

For us super shuttle has always been outstanding. Sorry you had problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter