• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update Info on New FW Premium Sites and Pet Loops

I was able to get an answer to my question by calling Disney.

I was told the roads in the Premium loops have been widened and ALL premium sites are now pull-thru.

Does that agree with what people are seeing there? Hope I'm getting correct info from Disney staff.

I was told the roads in the Premium loops have been widened and ALL premium sites are now pull-thru.

Does that agree with what people are seeing there? Hope I'm getting correct info from Disney staff.

No on both counts: the roads are not being widened, and no new pull-thrus are being added. The MOUTH of the site is being widened for premiums, and the pad itself is substantially wider. But that is it. Converting the existing sites to pull-thru would require a Major redesign and result in fewer total site... i.e. it WON'T happen.

As of Tuesday Morning, October the 28th -

Loop 800 - Work nearly finished - in final cleanup stage - should be open soon.

Loop 2000 - Closed for filling in low areas around the campsites - no info on when it will re-open.

Loop 400 - Closed Monday, October 27th - started removing brush and some trees.

I will try to post some pictures when I get a chance.

We were just at the Fort a couple weeks ago. We stayed on loop 500. The road for the 500 loop seemed a little wider then others, but it might have always been. The new premium site size is nice. Our 40' fifth wheel and Frieghtliner fit perfectly on the site with plenty of room for slides and for there to be concrete under the entire awning area. I would certianly reserve a premium site again.

Howdy,

I'm at the Fort now and there IS a difference in the new picnic tables. I know the first couple of loops converted to premium didn't have them yet, but I've seen them hauling around some new ones. (I'll try to get a picture this week). They are square and have benches on all four sides, and I bet they're probably TYVEK or some other similar material (that stuff they make benches with milk cartons)

As of Tuesday Morning, October the 28th -

Loop 800 - Work nearly finished - in final cleanup stage - should be open soon.
I will try to post some pictures when I get a chance.

Great! That is where we have requested for our December trip. Looking forward to trying the new premium sites.

Howdy,

I'm at the Fort now and there IS a difference in the new picnic tables. I know the first couple of loops converted to premium didn't have them yet, but I've seen them hauling around some new ones. (I'll try to get a picture this week). They are square and have benches on all four sides, and I bet they're probably TYVEK or some other similar material (that stuff they make benches with milk cartons)

Cool. They sound nice.

Glad we have people on the ground to get the story for us. :3dglasses

I can't wait until DECEMBER!!!!! :santa: :santa: :santa: I think I may go nuts before our vacation gets here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter