• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update Info on New FW Premium Sites and Pet Loops

Stephanie....you will like the 800 loop, we were there last year for a few days and loved it. Lots of area to walk the dog and it is a big loop that has some great sites on it.

Nancy

Has anyone heard anymore on pool last thing i heard they hadn't started my guess is they will wait til summer is over probably start in Oct when i'm there thats how my luck is anyone heard or seen any info on what the plans are for it shame they don't have a way to just fix up river country and give a water park back to the fort that would be great but just dreaming

So are there going to be fewer sites available overall? That doesn't seem like a good thing.

Also, if the premium sites are all paved, are they really good for "xxx with additional tents?"

I'm very tired at the moment and it's confusing me. And I keep wanting to tell that poster with concerns about the pool that it's ok to go to the Wilderness Lodge and use theirs. But I know I shouldn't say that. Don't pool hop! Thread hopping is ok.

oh but wouldn't it be great if they did redo River Country and designate it a FW only pool...it would be the best on property! You have to start IDing to make sure none of the WL people snuck over. :teeth:

The otters and peacocks have been relocated to River Country. They don't let anyone encroach on their "turf".

The otters and peacocks have been relocated to River Country. They don't let anyone encroach on their "turf".

So is that what we're calling the "suits" at "Disney Attractions" now??:rotfl2: :rotfl: :hyper:

(They are the ones in charge of River Country)

Yeah... and all the big fat Commie WEASELS are at WL!!

aab.jpg

HELP: We made our reservations before we knew about the premium sites. We booked a full hookup, non-pet loop, thinking we'd request our usual 1000 loop. It looks like it's now going to be a premium....should we call back and change our reservations to a premium site???

rumor has it you'll get your premium 1000 site at the price quoted you for full hook up.

That's not the way I read it. (I may be wrong though). I've got a feeling they'll be put into 100, 200, 1700, or 1900

My family is staying at FW for the first time in March 2009. My husband have been looking to stay there since we got our first pop-up in 1999. We want this to be the best vacation for our 6 year old boy. Can someone help me with this loop thing and preferred and premium? What are your recommendations? Can you request a loop? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

My family is staying at FW for the first time in March 2009. My husband have been looking to stay there since we got our first pop-up in 1999. We want this to be the best vacation for our 6 year old boy. Can someone help me with this loop thing and preferred and premium? What are your recommendations? Can you request a loop? Thanks for any suggestions!!!
You can request a loop, or even a site - but nothing is guaranteed except the "type" of site.

Here are the site types:

Partial Hook up: You get electric, and water. They are adding cable TV to these loops

Full Hook Up: You get electric, sewer and water. They are adding cable TV to these loops

Preferred: You get electric, sewer and water. Preferred has always had cable

Premium: You get electric, sewer and water and cable. These sites are being created out of existing loops. The concrete pads are being made wider and longer. These sites will not have a sand (OK, really a crushed shell) pad. All concrete.

All sites at all levels have a grill (no open fires at FW) and picnic table. The Premium are said to have an "upgraded" table, but unless that means it comes with a bartender I'm really not impressed.

Yes and they have a new rate as well. You can check out the rates here. Check out Tim's website as well, he has great info.

Thanks for all think info!!! The link provided great information. Does anyone have recommendation for a specific loop?

Thanks!!!:yay:
The Taylors

Does anyone have recommendation for a specific loop?
See, there you went and did it.... touched on my favorite rant. My personal opinion about site/loop requests.

Make your site selection known when you make your reservation so they can note it on your reservation. You are much better off requesting the things you like about the site/loop rather than the site/loop itself. For example, if you like the site because it is near a comfort station, then request that, if you like it because it is in the back of the loop and is quieter request that. The problem with asking for a specific site/loop is that the site assigners really don't know why you wanted that site/loop. If your request is not available they really don't know what you might find as a comparable site.

All loops are good some a little better then others but the bg thing is to tell them about your rig the size do you have a slide out and how many do you use your awning will you be putting up a tent do you need a pet loop are you wanting a full hook up or do you want one of the new premium sites that are wider don't forget wider may also mean more open also more sun so if you are going during the summer hotter while booking they should ask you most of these ?'s about your rig just know how long your rig is and you should be fine im sure if you haven't already you can pull up a map of FW which may help you decide also in case comfort stations or location to other things matter to you good luck

Ditto on requesting a specific loop, make your particular wishes for the site known. I had my heart set on getting into the 1400 loop this past trip, mainly because I wanted to be near the Meadows Trading Post and the campfire/movie area. I think if I had let them know about the wish to be near the campfire and Meadows, they would have found something closer.

Instead, all they knew was that I had a 29 foot trailer with a longer truck and planned to use a tent. We got a great site for that, very easy to back into and get out of, plus lots of distance front to back which allowed us to have the tent behind the trailer and still get the truck in front of the trailer. But it was in the 400 loop and far from the Meadows area. Close to the Marina and Pioneer Hall, but I never did make it to the campfire and movie (second trip to the Fort), and my youngest kids are 8 and 9. Not sure if they'll want to go to the campfire when they are older.

Great news about the premium sites. That's been a point of contention with us for a few years because our rig is 65' long (truck/trailer). We've gotten a pull-thru site before but that was just by luck.

Are the roads in the loops containing the premiums sites being made wider? With the narrow roads, site marker posts, and people parking their tow vehicles with part of them sticking into the roadway, it's very difficult maneuvering into some sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter