Update 4-26 Things I've never done! "Keep your pants on!" 17 day May 13-29 PTR!

What an amazing trip you have planned! I just know it'll make up for your Sept trip :)

We have a lot in common, my name is "Ro" also, (real name Rosalie) and DH and I love Raglan Road!! In fact DHs only question when i 'surprised' him with this trip next week was if he could go to Raglan Rd (everyday!). Oh, I am also doing the 30day shred. Except I didn't start until 17days before my trip so I'll only be 1/2 shredded! :rotfl:

Things I Want to Do:

We all have these lists… I have never done anything on these lists, which the exception of HISTA which I have seen more times than I ever care to remember in Disneyland (I remember when it was a “new” attraction after they took out Captain EO.) I’ve never seen it in Disney World, but this will unfortunately be the first time.

Animal Kingdom
I want a Chi Tea Latte at the Tea Company
Actually go on the Animal Trek Trails

Epcot
American Adventure Pavilion
Voices of Liberty
China Warriors exhibit
Segway dome
Japan- Candy Lady!
Energy Adventure with Ellen
Honey I Shrunk the Audience (I’ve been saying no to the Dbf since we first started going to Disney… I guess I’ll have to go this time.)
Visa Meet and Greet
Do a Kim Possible mission in each country

Magic Kingdom
Ride the train in a full loop
Hall of Presidents
Meet Tiana and Naveen
Meet Tinkerbell
Buy ears!

Hollywood Studios
Try to be in the Indy Stunt Show
Back lot Tour

Downtown Disney/ Boardwalk/ Other
Jellyrolls
Characters in Flight
Actually walk around Pop (we didn’t do this last time!)
Eat at Earl of Sandwich
Eat at T-Rex café
Meet the Stepsisters

Mmmmm, we LOVE the frozed drinks at the Royal Anandupur Tea Co!! We have breakfast there at least once a trip! It's so fun to get a frosty drink and pastry, sit at the tables on the side of the walk and people watch while enjoying our treats and listening to the monkeys scream at each other!

(I prefer the frozen cappuccino. Tried the frozen chai latte and it was too spicy, or something, for me. )

Great list! Some of my favorites! :thumbsup2

Things I Want to Do:

Buy ears!

Buy your ears at the Chapeau in MK- it is next to Tony's. You can make your own. You pick a base and then add ears and stuff on the beanie! They will even put your name on the back. I made my own. It was fun, and it was only about $20. Well worth it. It has been one of my favorite souvenirs from our trip! (I also work at an elementary school and I wear it on hat day! The kids LOVE it!)

16 days to go and I just started making a list of the things I have do! We have a spare room at my apartment that is literally just filled with my stuff. My parents are kinda sorta somewhat hoarders and they’ve passed the trait onto me. It’s not really a good thing, because I’ve been getting out of control with it. It’s not as bad as clean house, but I’m fully expecting to see these guys show up one day…

My Dbf is a neat freak, and I’m a messy lazy person that prefers piles of clothing for easier sorting. The floor is the biggest shelf in my house.

List of things to do:

Clean spare bedroom
List items that I can on ebay (7 day listings… I figure it gives me about a week to get payment and a week to ship. I’m totally putting a disclaimer on the bids as well letting them know that we’re leaving and the last day to get their moola in! My ebay id is rerodis if anyone wants to look.)
Pay all of the bills I have while I’m gone including rent, water, credit cards, etc…
Pack
Make Disney Tour book

16 days to go and I just started making a list of the things I have do! We have a spare room at my apartment that is literally just filled with my stuff. My parents are kinda sorta somewhat hoarders and they’ve passed the trait onto me. It’s not really a good thing, because I’ve been getting out of control with it. It’s not as bad as clean house, but I’m fully expecting to see these guys show up one day…

My Dbf is a neat freak, and I’m a messy lazy person that prefers piles of clothing for easier sorting. The floor is the biggest shelf in my house.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You've been looking in my window! ;) I keep trying to get better, but it doesn't seem to happen. My mom keeps telling me that I inherited her MIL's pack-rat gene. It doesn't help any that I have a huge trip to plan for & spend way too much time online!! :thumbsup2

It looks like you have a lot of things to see! I love the Voices of Liberty! Try to get there a few minutes early so you can get a good spot to watch them. Earl of Sandwich is one of my favorite places to eat at DTD. I just discovered it a few years ago and now we go there at least once every trip.

Good luck cleaning your spare bedroom. Sometimes it can be such a pain to clean and organize things, but I always feel so much better once it is done.

You are so lucky to be leaving in 15 days! You are almost in the single digits!! :woohoo:

You've been looking in my window! ;) I keep trying to get better, but it doesn't seem to happen. My mom keeps telling me that I inherited her MIL's pack-rat gene. It doesn't help any that I have a huge trip to plan for & spend way too much time online!! :thumbsup2

It's so good to know I am not the only one!!!! MY DH is taking the kids out Sat so I can go through some of my 'hoarding piles' and get our house clean!!!!

OP
I didn't know about the frozen drinks at AK....I LOVE Chai!!!! Looks like I have something else to put on my list.....I'm sure my husband thanks you!

FUN! I love your plans. Oh, to be young and childless again. Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED taking our daughter, but traveling with a toddler has it's limitations. DH and I would love to go back just the two of us again, but we'd never make it through such a long trip away from our DD. I live vicariously through you!

We'll also be in Epcot on the 22nd-our World Showcase day. And you'll be having dinner at our resort on the 26th. Say hi if you see us-I will have a lime green Mickey head with my screen name on it!

Sure will! I am in LOVE with Sanaa and I think it is easily the prettiest table service on property. You hear that Jiko???

Joining in! We'll be at Disney for some of the same days! We'll be there May 12th thru the 19th. We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I'm glad you're getting a do-over trip. I don't think I could handle travelling with that many other people... We're taking my Mom, but we did on our last trip, too, and we all had a blast.

Oh, and I LOVE the picture in your siggy, too! :rotfl2:

Thank for the compliment of the pic! We stayed at French Quarter our very first trip. I really miss it, it’s one of our favorite places on property. I’m glad for the do-over too. I think I was more disappointed in their enthusiasm for Disney than anything else though.

I'm subbing in too! Love a good TR... not so much the dull ones. So that's why I'm subbing in here! :lmao: Your pic in your siggie made me check out your PTR too. Do you have any more pics of you or your friends from the comic con? I bet everyone would like a closer look at your costumes! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more.
One quick note (this is your PTR, not mine!:lmao:). We had ADR for Le Cellier too. Didn't have park hoppers though. Kids said they wanted to do AK again that day, so I cancelled the ADR and booked something else. About 5 seconds later, they tell me they've changed their minds and want to go to EPCOT after all. :headache: Ah well, we always do enjoy Biergarten.:rolleyes1

Glad to hear mine isn’t dull. LOL! Your kids sound like my mother. Haha. When were you looking for LeCellier?

All of your plans sound amazing! I wish I could take a long trip like that.

I’ve been telling everyone I’m on holiday because the Brits always seem to stay for about that long.

Your plans really do look amazing!! I can't believe how close you are to going! I'm so excited for your tr!! Hollywood Studios is my favorite!! :lovestruc
I really wasn’t impressed by HS the first time, but I’ve grown to ADORE most of it. I think they need to pump some of the re-do’s into this park.

The rest of your plans look awesome! You are going to have such a marvelous trip!! :woohoo:

I hope so. I’m totally taking a pic outside of One Man’s Dream with my D23 card. I noticed you’re a Charter Member!

What an amazing trip you have planned! I just know it'll make up for your Sept trip :)

We have a lot in common, my name is "Ro" also, (real name Rosalie) and DH and I love Raglan Road!! In fact DHs only question when i 'surprised' him with this trip next week was if he could go to Raglan Rd (everyday!). Oh, I am also doing the 30day shred. Except I didn't start until 17days before my trip so I'll only be 1/2 shredded! :rotfl:

Ha, the 30 day shred met the DVD case this week with finals. I’m back on it tomorrow!!!

Mmmmm, we LOVE the frozed drinks at the Royal Anandupur Tea Co!! We have breakfast there at least once a trip! It's so fun to get a frosty drink and pastry, sit at the tables on the side of the walk and people watch while enjoying our treats and listening to the monkeys scream at each other!

(I prefer the frozen cappuccino. Tried the frozen chai latte and it was too spicy, or something, for me. )

Great list! Some of my favorites! :thumbsup2

I’m shocked I’ve missed it this far to be honest… I’m 90% coffee and you should have seen the look on my face when I noticed it was REAL coffee!

Buy your ears at the Chapeau in MK- it is next to Tony's. You can make your own. You pick a base and then add ears and stuff on the beanie! They will even put your name on the back. I made my own. It was fun, and it was only about $20. Well worth it. It has been one of my favorite souvenirs from our trip! (I also work at an elementary school and I wear it on hat day! The kids LOVE it!)

I was hoping someone would give me a place to buy them! I can’t wait!

You can’t even see in my window! Hahaha!

It looks like you have a lot of things to see! I love the Voices of Liberty! Try to get there a few minutes early so you can get a good spot to watch them. Earl of Sandwich is one of my favorite places to eat at DTD. I just discovered it a few years ago and now we go there at least once every trip.

Good luck cleaning your spare bedroom. Sometimes it can be such a pain to clean and organize things, but I always feel so much better once it is done.

You are so lucky to be leaving in 15 days! You are almost in the single digits!! :woohoo:

Dbf and I are ex music majors and we’ve put this at the top of the list for this trip! Where is the best place to sit?

It's so good to know I am not the only one!!!! MY DH is taking the kids out Sat so I can go through some of my 'hoarding piles' and get our house clean!!!!

OP
I didn't know about the frozen drinks at AK....I LOVE Chai!!!! Looks like I have something else to put on my list.....I'm sure my husband thanks you!

I just found out about them! Tell your husband to enjoy them!

FUN! I love your plans. Oh, to be young and childless again. Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED taking our daughter, but traveling with a toddler has it's limitations. DH and I would love to go back just the two of us again, but we'd never make it through such a long trip away from our DD. I live vicariously through you!

Haha, my mom keeps giving me grief over what she calls my “Honeymoon” trips with the Dbf. I keep telling her that THIS is the time for me to be selfish and do what I want to do… before a baby and a husband and a house, etc…

You guys will go for a trip together and have SO much fun. It is a ton of fun with kids and I can’t wait until I can go as a mom myself.

Glad to hear mine isn’t dull. LOL! Your kids sound like my mother. Haha. When were you looking for LeCellier?

That was back in September. If memory serves it was the last day or second last day of the trip. I had just managed to get an ADR at max days out... for something like 4pm (who eats at 4pm? We would have!) Sigh. Maybe next time!:goodvibes

Can someone tell me where this picture of the princesses playing around is from or what the story is? That is wild.

Hey guys, MASSIVE updates later today..... Six days to go and I started packing!!!!!

You're almost there!! So exciting!! And you're going to be there for soooo long! So jealous! LOL! If i don't get the chance...i hope you have a magical vacation!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

Dbf and I are ex music majors and we’ve put this at the top of the list for this trip! Where is the best place to sit?

Right under the dome in the middle of the pavilion. I also suggest checking out the Dapper Dans on Main Street. Both groups of singers are amazing!

I hope so. I’m totally taking a pic outside of One Man’s Dream with my D23 card. I noticed you’re a Charter Member!

I love D23! Can't wait to see your picture!

Have a magical trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter