Update 4-26 Things I've never done! "Keep your pants on!" 17 day May 13-29 PTR!

Hello! Just found your PTR! I actually liked to it because I just love the picture in your signature!! Goat cheese is awesome! It's my current addiction.

So yesterday imagine my shock when I got not one, but TWO pins in the mail! Well the first was in my Dbf’s name for the 30, 40, 50 pin and when I got the mail that day, my mom had a pin for free QS dining. My mom doesn’t live at my apartment, but these are all people who had traveled with my group this past September. I’m beginning to think that Disney doesn’t love me.:confused:

So I ended up calling the reservation line last night and explaining that I had a pin in my mom’s name for free QS dining for our dates. I explained that it was a pin for my mom’s name, my address and that I wanted to see if it was cheaper than the AP rate with the Reg Dining Plan. Thanks to the disboard I knew that we could each pay the $10.00 difference a day to upgrade to the normal dining plan, so that’s what we did. We had to buy a 5 day base ticket to get the deal, but we figured we’d just use them towards our Annual Passes when we upgrade.

So here is the price breakdown so far:

2 round trip flights from Chicago to Orlando (SWA) $338.50
14 nights Standard Room at POP with 5 day base ticket and Reg Dining Plan: $2496.74
Upgrade to APs (both): $554.00
2 night room reservation at POP: $200.00 (approx.)

(There is a two night reservation at the end of the trip, but I’m giving it to my Dbf as part of his birthday present (can't hurt that payday is the day before we check in. ) so I’m not counting it towards the trip budget. )

GRAND TOTAL: (w/o 2 night room stay) $3389.24

And since we’re not married and we get to split everything down the middle it’s about $1694.62 per person.

Not too shabby for an AP trip, eh? EH?

My dbf works for my Dad, and my Dad is an independent contractor, which means that if the hotels and what not don’t pay my dad, my dad can’t pay my boyfriend. My family has been tight on money, and so I’ve paid for the entire trip OOP and we’re planning on upgrading to APs when we get there. (I also get paid in the smack dab middle of the trip! So I only need to save ½ of my spending money before we go.) My Dbf and I are praying that my dad gets paid… not just for my family, but for the sake of our trip as well. I could use that extra $1500.00 before the trip. Ha!

So basically we're planning on approx. 20% for tipping at the TS locations. About $10 each in extra snacks/ drinks. I have a LUSH budget (aka the credit card :rotfl:) that the money my Dbf eventually will get will pay off, and I have about $200.00 for souvenirs. I just bought 100 disney pins off of ebay for $72.00 so I shouldn't need too much.

Joining in....
I, too, am going on a 'Do-over" trip. We went with my inlaws last trip and it was NOT much fun. This will be the 1st trip with just 'us'!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read more.

Your plans look SO great!! I'm very excited for you!! How does it feel to be able to say "I'm going to Disney World NEXT MONTH!!!"? Awesome!!

I'm also upgrading to AP...is there really any other way to go? If you need any "excuses" to go down and get full use out of yours, I'm going in August, December and next April for my 21st...:lmao: as if any of us on here need excuses!!

Signing up! I am so sorry your last trip was less than perfect. It is not fair when people ruin it for us. Please be cranky anywhere you want but NOT at WDW! :sad2:

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and say our trips will overlap. We will also hae dinner at Sanaa on the 26th so maybe we will see each other over there!:cool1:

Q

Joining in....
I, too, am going on a 'Do-over" trip. We went with my inlaws last trip and it was NOT much fun. This will be the 1st trip with just 'us'!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read more.
You’re going to love the trip with just the two of you. I think that’s what we really missed out on.
Your plans look SO great!! I'm very excited for you!! How does it feel to be able to say "I'm going to Disney World NEXT MONTH!!!"? Awesome!!

I'm also upgrading to AP...is there really any other way to go? If you need any "excuses" to go down and get full use out of yours, I'm going in August, December and next April for my 21st...:lmao: as if any of us on here need excuses!!
I know! We’re thinking about going in August now because my Dbf’s fire fighter class doesn’t start until September now. We’re only going if it is for free dining, and I think buying two separate one day tickets is totally worth the free food. I’m freaking out about the trip next month.

Signing up! I am so sorry your last trip was less than perfect. It is not fair when people ruin it for us. Please be cranky anywhere you want but NOT at WDW! :sad2:

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and say our trips will overlap. We will also hae dinner at Sanaa on the 26th so maybe we will see each other over there!:cool1:

Q
Yay! I think that Sanaa is the prettiest restaurant on property. Glad to have you aboard!
:thumbsup2

Okay… the long awaited…
MASTER PLAN!
Well, the first seven days at least… we’re going to be doing this in installments.

Thursday, Day One, May 13th
We’re flying into Orlando at about 9:30 in the morning and taking the Magical Express to POP. We were going to take FL Tours and use a town car (we used a limo one way last trip and they were fantastic, but we just don’t have an extra $90.00). Hopefully the ME will get us there sometime before noon. We’re honestly not planning on getting there any earlier. We’ve had good experiences with ME and bad ones, so we’re just panning on it taking forever.

This is our first time flying southwest, and I’m BEYOND excited that we get two checked bags for free. We’ve just purchased some bags from Kohl’s that I’m in love with, so I’m taking that and a small suitcase filled with food/booze. (Save some money with those mini liquor bottles!!!) So honestly the only thing I’m bringing on the plane is a backpack with my purse inside.
We’re planning on eating at the airport before our flight, and once we get to POP we’re gonna check in and grab some lunch at the food court. (MAYBE Earl of Sandwich if we get there early enough.)

We’re going to MK for the first day!!!!

Dinner: 1900 Park Fare 5:00pm.

1900parkfaresign.jpg

We’re also going to the Wishes Dessert Party at 9:00pm for the fireworks.
My reasoning for this is that we’re going to be sick of dessert by the end of the trip, so it’ll be exciting to have a plethora of awesome desserts the first night.

Friday, Day Two, May 14th
We’re going to HS all day and riding Rock and Roll coaster until we puke (the refurb starts the next day).
Lunch: Probably Beaches and Cream OOP. We hate all of the CS places in HS to be honest.
Dinner: LeCellier 7:55pm

LeCellier.jpg

Probably hang out in EP until close 12AM. Super excited to see the Flower and Garden displays in the World Showcase. Something is just magical about Epcot at night.

Saturday, Day Three, May 15th
AK day in the morning.
Lunch: Probably Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner: Boma 5:35pm

DSCN0621.jpg

MK until close 11 PM.

Sunday, Day Four, May 16th

EP day in the morning. We’re checking out the last of the Flower and Garden Fest and totally are doing Tinkerbell’s garden. It’s the ONLY thing I’m putting on my have to do list.
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons. We love this place and we will eat lunch here every single time we’re in the park.
Dinner: Biergarten 6:05pm Looking forward to lots and lots and lots of beer!

DSCN1126.jpg

And an Oom Pa Pa Band!!!
We’re probably going to stumble over to HS until they close at 1 AM and ride Tower of Terror way too many times.

Monday, Day Five, May 17th

HS day! Super excited for the Toy Story Rush!
Dinner: Les Chefs de France 7:40 pm

DSC02030.jpg

Maybe MK until close… they’re open until 2:00 am.

Tuesday, Day Six, May 18th

MK day from 9am - 9pm.
Dinner: Ohana 5:00pm

P7170103.jpg

Wednesday, Day Seven, May 19th

Epcot day!
Dinner: San Angel Inn 5:30pm

100_3767.jpg

Early night!

The rest of the plan will be posted in the next day or so!!!:hippie:

Love it so far! And the pictures of each restaurant is a super nice touch! :thumbsup2

Great plans so far! We had FUN with the drink at the Beirgarten last year! you can really tell that we had a LOT of drinks in the pictures that followed that meal..... :rolleyes1

Hello! I just found your PTR and your plans look great so far! You are so lucky to be going for 16 nights! Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!! :goodvibes

Day 8, Thursday, May 20th

Today we go to Animal Kingdom (probably the day to catch the shows.) and will most likely have lunch at Pizzafari. We’ve never eaten there and I’d like to check out all of the murals.

Dinner is at Yak and Yeti at 5:45pm.
AK005.jpg

We ate here the first week the Yak and Yeti ever opened, the food was amazing, and I’ve been meaning to get the pineapple won tons every single trip since. I’m super excited about it for today.

AK closes at 6, so we’re probably going to either take an early night or go to MK which closes at 10.

Day 9, Friday, May 21st
First day of Star Wars Weekends. Although I am a fan of the movies, my Dbf loves them. This is going to be apparently the least busy day of the entire Star Wars deal and I’m excited to go and geek out today.

We’re only concerned with seeing shows and the parade today, anything else is a bonus. We have dinner at Sci-fi Dine In at 7:20 pm
P1100550.jpg

and I’m really excited that the entire day is a giant geek fest.

HS closes at 10 tonight, and Epcot is open until 12 am, so we may catch a boat ride at some point during the night and have some drinks around the world.

Day 10, Saturday, May 22nd
Epcot morning! Getting up early to ride Soarin and Test Track doesn’t get old ever. This is a strictly chill day and Kim Possible missions with Grey Goose slushies sounds fantastic!

We have dinner at Teppan Edo this night at 7:20pm.
Teppen_Edo.jpg

We love taking our time and although we have several hibachi grills in our city, we like Disney’s take on them better. We almost always end up bring sat with other couples or a family of four and we enjoy meeting new people!

EP closes at 9 tonight, but MK is open until 11pm. If we get a second wind, we’ll probably hop over to the MK.

Day 11, Sunday, May 23nd
I’m SUPER excited for today. It’s MK all day!!! We’re hanging out here from open to close (with probably a nap in between).

We have reservations at the Hoop de Doo Revue at the 9:15 show.
100_2660.jpg

Dbf was skeptical of it at first, but the tip being included and all you care to drink beer cinched the deal. We’re looking forward to getting extremely silly and heading back to MK until 2 am.

Day 12, Monday, May 24th
We have nothing planned today. Nothing at all. I assume we will sleep in until we wake up and if we do go to a park it’ll be a free for all on what it is. We don’t even have an ADR tonight, but I somehow think we’ll end up at Trex café. 

Day 13, Tuesday, May 25th

We have another MK day or a whatever day, depending on what we feel like. This is another lazy day with dinner at Raglan Road at 7:00pm.
67cescd.jpg

We really enjoy that pub and it’s just our type of ‘thing’.

Day 14, Wednesday, May 26th
Today is back to AK. It’s open from 9 – 10pm and we have one goal:

Ride Everest in the dark.

A lot.

We have reservations at Sanaa at 5:45pm
SH103971.jpg

and plan on taking our mid day break at the AKL (my DREAM resort) and having a few drinks in the air conditioned bar.

Day 15, Thursday, May 27th

We have HS all day today. It’s the Dbf’s favorite park and I’m assuming that we will be riding all the thrill rides until we puke. We should have seen all of the shows by this point, so it’ll be nice to only have to worry about the rides.

We have a reservation at Kona at 7:40pm.

kona.jpg

(If anyone has any better ideas, throw them my way. We like Kona alright, but it’s not a WOW factor.)

MK closes at 11pm, so if we’re not tired, I’m sure we’ll be there all night.

Day 16, Friday, May 28th

We don’t have anything planned for today. We’re going to do some final shopping and packing and possibly a water park, but I left it open with no reservations for dinner, just in case.

Day 17, Saturday, May 29th

Our last day is, of course, going to be with us waking up SUPER early and checking our bags at the SWA early check in, and then MK for rope drop. Our flight leaves at 8:00pm, so I’m assuming that we’ll be picked up at about 5:00pm. We’re planning on either grabbing dinner at POP or at the airport, and then its home and work the next day.

Looks like we'll both be in MK on the 18th!:goodvibes

Yay! I don't do the lime green Mickey heads, but if you see us give us a shout out!

Love it so far! And the pictures of each restaurant is a super nice touch! :thumbsup2

Thanks. :love:

Great plans so far! We had FUN with the drink at the Beirgarten last year! you can really tell that we had a LOT of drinks in the pictures that followed that meal..... :rolleyes1

Hahaha, I know. We both just get super silly when we drink, and I'm expecting Test Track to be :scared1:

Hello! I just found your PTR and your plans look great so far! You are so lucky to be going for 16 nights! Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!! :goodvibes

Glad to have you aboard! :banana:

We'll also be in Epcot on the 22nd-our World Showcase day. And you'll be having dinner at our resort on the 26th. Say hi if you see us-I will have a lime green Mickey head with my screen name on it!

Joining in! We'll be at Disney for some of the same days! We'll be there May 12th thru the 19th. We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I'm glad you're getting a do-over trip. I don't think I could handle travelling with that many other people... We're taking my Mom, but we did on our last trip, too, and we all had a blast.

Oh, and I LOVE the picture in your siggy, too! :rotfl2:

I'm subbing in too! Love a good TR... not so much the dull ones. So that's why I'm subbing in here! :lmao: Your pic in your siggie made me check out your PTR too. Do you have any more pics of you or your friends from the comic con? I bet everyone would like a closer look at your costumes! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more.
One quick note (this is your PTR, not mine!:lmao:). We had ADR for Le Cellier too. Didn't have park hoppers though. Kids said they wanted to do AK again that day, so I cancelled the ADR and booked something else. About 5 seconds later, they tell me they've changed their minds and want to go to EPCOT after all. :headache: Ah well, we always do enjoy Biergarten.:rolleyes1

Your plans really do look amazing!! I can't believe how close you are to going! I'm so excited for your tr!! Hollywood Studios is my favorite!! :lovestruc

The rest of your plans look awesome! You are going to have such a marvelous trip!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter