• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unplanned Road Trip ; 15 is Definitely Not My Fav #, Page 26 - WHAT I FINALLY GOT

Sorry for no updates recently, by my mom known as Disneymommom is in town visiting. She lives in Fl and comes up to visit 2 -3 times.

Let me post a pic of her as I am sure she will be making a guest appearance in our upcoming trip

This is from our 2008 trip to Disney World. This is Trent and Disneymommom

My mom will be here until Friday. Once she leaves to go back home, I will work on a trip update pixiedust:

So, this NON UPDATE is not totally boring, I am going post pics of Trent through the years. We like to take his pic in the same spot each year to show how much he has grown each year.

I haven't been on here since August last year but I had to come on and see what was going on with your pre-trip report and then your trip report as it progresses!!!!! :banana:

I haven't been on here since August last year but I had to come on and see what was going on with your pre-trip report and then your trip report as it progresses!!!!! :banana:

Hello Mother

Fancy Seeing you here :cheer2:

Love South of the Border.
Great they cancelled the flight and you got a refund.
Glad you made it to BIl house.
Yeah you are at POP. We love it there.

Love South of the Border.
Great they cancelled the flight and you got a refund.
Glad you made it to BIl house.
Yeah you are at POP. We love it there.

I had not been to the South of Border since 2000, so it was cool being back and enjoying all the tackiness :rotfl:

Thanks...was never so happy to see him, so I could sleep :hourglass

We enjoy pop too, but really missed POR

Hi. Sorry I have not posted in a long time. I am dealing with few family problems and have been busy with that.

My brother is an epileptic and his seizures recently got bad. A week ago, he had a bad one and fell and fractured his skull. He is now in rehab center and has a long road ahead of him

Plus I had the added bonus of family drama from someone's husband, who I won't name in case they are reading. This person has done and said things that I can never forgive or forget. They will never be a part of my life again. Truthfully, it feels good to have them gone from my life.

I didn't take a lot of notes for my trip as stress level was pretty high the first few days after we had to drive there, so just wanted to enjoy the parks and not take notes every night. I apologize for that.

I think I might just end up posting pics and giving you highlights. Sorry this will not be a better report.

I promise if I do another one after this, I will take notes

Thanks for understanding:goodvibes

So sorry about your brother! Life has been crazy around here as well since I got back. Pictures are always ok in my book!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry about your brother.

Drama be gone. LOL

Pics are good. :thumbsup2 I hardly take notes. The pics just remind me mostly what happened.

So sorry about your brother! Life has been crazy around here as well since I got back. Pictures are always ok in my book!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Karen. :goodvibes

Sorry about your brother.

Drama be gone. LOL

Pics are good. :thumbsup2 I hardly take notes. The pics just remind me mostly what happened.

Thank You Scott

I am so happy to be in a drama free zone :hyper:

Hoping pics triggers my memory of what we did better once I start posting them.:surfweb:

My brother memory is slowly improving, so had to share that bit of good news. Praying he continues to improve and can get back to how he was before or as close as possible :goodvibes

Lets see what I can remember. Okay, after resting in the room for about a half hour, we freshened up and hit the road. Our first park of the trip was Epcot. We let Trent pick our first park when we were planning our trip and that is what he chose.

We changed our shirts so we could match. Here is Trent

Since we normally take the bus, Trent has never been on a tram before. He was so excited when he got to ride one. He called it the Tram O Lance
:rotfl:

Today we had fast passes for Soarin, Living with the Land and Journey into Imagination.

I had to pull out my phone to look as I made a folder just for our fast passes. I took screen shots of each day, just so I would remember what we were doing each day.

Our first fast pass was not until 3:05 pm, so we had a little bit of time to kill. I believe we arrived to the park around 1:30. I know we were hungry, but had to ride one attraction first. It is always our first ride. That would be Spaceship Earth

Trent rode with Steve and me by myself. We take turns throughout the trip.

Once we got off, we were starving, so we hit Electric Umbrella and used our first Dining credits of the day. Nothing exciting here, so no pics of our food.

After we ate, it was off to use our first fast pass on the day at soarin. We love this ride. The smells are so great on it

Here is Trent and I standing in line

Once we were done soarin over California, it was time for Living with the Land. Another one of our favorite rides. Has anyone ever done the Behind the Seeds Tour? We are thinking about trying it out next trip.

There were a lot of cool sayings on the wall, so took a picture of one

Once we were done there, we headed over to Journey into Imagination. We really love this ride too, but miss the Dream Finder. I wish they would bring him back

That was about it for us at the parks today, as we had an ADR at Boma. We were meeting up with my BIL and his partner for dinner. So excited to spend some time with them. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of them from that night, but you will see them later in the week.

I am sad to say we were very disappointed in Boma this trip. When we ate here in 2012, the food was so much better. This time everything seemed to be cold or bland.

I did take a picture of the famous zebra domes though for your viewing pleasure

After we ate, we browsed the gift store a bit. I took a pic of these statues as my friend back home is a huge giraffe fan

After we were done looking ,we parted ways with my bil and partner and headed back to the hotel. We were exhausted.

Once back at the room, took showers, unpacked a little bit, I set out our clothes for next morning and we all headed off to la la land fairly fast

Up Next......Hooray for Hollywood :cool2:

Great news about your brother! I hope he continues to improve.

Love, love, love Soarin'! One of my absolute favorite rides. That last picture was perfect for our house. Kacy loves giraffes and Kody loves flamingos!! :goodvibes

That's too bad about Boma! We LOVED it in 2008, then it was "meh" in 2012, but we just went during Princess Half weekend and LOVED it all over again! I wonder if they just sometimes have "off" days or maybe it's just what we pick to eat??

We had a pretty good flatbread at Electric Umbrella!

Haha, I guess I need to get breakfast b/c the only thing I'm commenting on is food! must be hungry! :lmao:

Great news about your brother! I hope he continues to improve.

Love, love, love Soarin'! One of my absolute favorite rides. That last picture was perfect for our house. Kacy loves giraffes and Kody loves flamingos!! :goodvibes

Thanks Chele :goodvibes

That's too funny about giraffes and flamingos

Saw they are re-filming parts of soarin in California. Hope they update both Soarin in FL and CA :thumbsup2

That's too bad about Boma! We LOVED it in 2008, then it was "meh" in 2012, but we just went during Princess Half weekend and LOVED it all over again! I wonder if they just sometimes have "off" days or maybe it's just what we pick to eat??

We had a pretty good flatbread at Electric Umbrella!

Haha, I guess I need to get breakfast b/c the only thing I'm commenting on is food! must be hungry! :lmao:

Yeah, our reservation was also at 7pm and we dont normally eat that late, so maybe that is why :confused3

Mmm. Flat bread sounds good

Sounds like it :lmao:

It would be great to see more things on Soarin'! I would love if they could do different films and have it be random like on Star Tours. That would make it even more fun!

It would be great to see more things on Soarin'! I would love if they could do different films and have it be random like on Star Tours. That would make it even more fun!

Oooh, what a good idea. I would love it if Soarin was random like Star Tours :thumbsup2

Hello Readers out there. I am looking at pics and my fast passes choices and trying to jog my memory. So this post will be mostly pics :rotfl:

Today, we were off To Hollywood Studios, one of our favorite parks.

We had fast passes for The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours and Toy Story Mania

So, the first thing we did was ride Great Movie Ride. I decided to ask the CM at door if we could do the cowboy ride, as we have never seen that. He told us if we just waited for next car, he grant our wish. It was so awesome and fire felt so real. So glad we got to experience that :goodvibes:

After that,it was time to board our ship to a galaxy far far away. I believe we rode it twice. I love how every time you get something different. Oh and you know what I did on this ride? I had never done this before or seen anyone else do this. I went to put on my glasses just as door was about to close and heard SNAP, real loud. I broke my glasses :rotfl2: As, the guy behind me said, I guess She didnt know her own strength.

Since we didnt have breakfast, we were starving popcorn:: We decided to head to ABC Commissary, as that is our favorite counter service there. Love that they play ABC tv show clips, our favorite network :goodvibes

After our bellies were full, off to our final fast pass of the day, Toy Story Mania. I sat with Trent and he almost beat me, but took him down at the end. Nice Parenting, I know :lmao:

Before we left, Trent decided to hi to a friend

Oh, we also took this pic as it looks like our van behind us

After that, it was time for our 2nd park of the day, back to Epcot, our other favorite park

We had an ADR at Askershus. Since we were a little early for it, decided to ride Maelstrom first. It had been a few years since we have rode it and forgot how fun it was.

Once we were done, it time was time for dinner. The food was incredible and the servers were so nice. We were sat in a small room with 3 other tables. It was a great experience. All the princesses were so nice. Snow White was so in character. She had the best voice. I also had a fun exchange with Ariel. I told her hair was so shiny and asked her if she had used a dinglehopper today. She played right into it. So much fun

King Trent

After dinner, we explore countries a little bit. We took a ride on Gran Fiesta

After we were done on that ride, we called it a day at Epcot. I believe we took a quick trip over to Magic Kingdom as they had EMH.

We were pretty tired, so didn't stay long. We just went back to new Fantasyland and explored. The little mermaid ride had no line, so we hopped on and took a ride. It was a cute little ride.

We headed back to the hotel after that, got our stuff ready for our next day and watched tv until we fell asleep.

Up Next, I finally got one !!!!

Whooohoo! Three parks in a day! You guys did a lot. Love that you beat him at TSM. I'm all about beating whoever I'm sitting with. It wasn't as fun when I sat by myself this last trip and beat no one! :lmao:

englishrose47 said:
Great Update !! How did you get to ride tar Tours wice with 1 FP ???? Or did you do standbye ??

Thanks Rosie:)
We did fast pass and stand by as wait was not long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter