Universal will reopen June 5th!

That was my thought too, same with gringotts.

Maybe they're still adding them in? We'll find out soon enough...hopefully

It could be due to the nature of the queues themselves and how well they can "configure" them with social distancing. Like if they can adjust the zig zags in the queue along with distancing markers could be enough, while other attractions that might not be possible to effectively spread people out.

Will be interesting to read the trip reports as to how things are handled.

BTW, looking at the Universal app these rides now say there is a virtual line pass (aka virtual queue)

IOA:
Hagrids
Harry Potter Foribdden Journey

Studios:
Fast and Furious (already had one)
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Revenge of the Mummy
Fallon (had one already)
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem

How does the virtual queue work with Express Pass?

How does the virtual queue work with Express Pass?

Obviously we don't know for the upcoming opening, but previously, for Fast & Furious and Jimmy Fallon, if you had express pass, when you walked up they would let you right in line. So you didn't have to go through the virtual queue at all and could go right in. Of course, those weren't the most popular rides (far from it) so who knows if they will do that for express pass in this new scenario...?

I’m definitely glad we cancelled WDW this summer. I am not happy with how they’re handling this and those who previously cancelled.
Can’t wait to see how it goes for UOR! They have 15 days to work out the kinks before we get there!

man, WDW going full meltdown mode. Universal may end up see a big increase in resort reservations afterall

Even though im an AP to both, this is where I'm glad Universal is smaller. Really not much is changing outside of the restrictions, and we know when those are lifted someday, it'll go back to how it useds to be.

wow this is an epic fail on Univeral, the site is super glitchy to register, and apparnetly it's all sold out, got all the way to place order and said we encountered issues

I am so pissed at them right now, zero heads up

wow this is an epic fail on Univeral, the site is super glitchy to register, and apparnetly it's all sold out, got all the way to place order and said we encountered issues

I am so pissed at them right now, zero heads up
At least you got an email about it! Usually we get the emails so I'm surprised we didn't!

At least you got an email about it! Usually we get the emails so I'm surprised we didn't!

Mine came 10 minutes after registeration opened. Went in, selected dates, wouldn't let me add to cart, then it would, got to place order, and said sorry we experienced an issue

Mine came 10 minutes after registeration opened. Went in, selected dates, wouldn't let me add to cart, then it would, got to place order, and said sorry we experienced an issue
Still didn't get the email. Was it to reserve a spot for the 3rd and 4th? Do you get to just pick one day? Luckily we are out of town AP's so weren't planning on being there. Huge fail on Universals part. We usually get every other email. So odd.

Still didn't get the email. Was it to reserve a spot for the 3rd and 4th? Do you get to just pick one day? Luckily we are out of town AP's so weren't planning on being there. Huge fail on Universals part. We usually get every other email. So odd.

Only allowed to pick 1 day, and 1 park with a certain check in time

So I"m preferred and can't even try to register for another 15 minutes. Does that mean that only Premium passholders got in since it's sold out? Or did they hold some spots back for preferred? I guess we'll find out in 15 minutes.

I don't have my AP close and don't know the number, so I didn't get anywhere. I also didn't try very hard due to the one day limit. I'd consider driving down for 2 days of AP previews, but not for 1 - and I don't want to be there for the general opening. Oh well.

This roll out reminds me of the DVC after hours event Disney does. They always have issues with sending the emails on time which causes tons of issues. Universal has failed this time. Oh and I still haven't gotten an email. So glad I wasn't planning on going.

It took me 30 minutes or error messages to finally get registered. I haven't received a confirmation email yet though, so I'm still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter