Universal will reopen June 5th!

We got our email at 2:04 PM EST.
Not going, but sounds like it would have been hard to secure the reservation if we had wanted to!

So I"m preferred and can't even try to register for another 15 minutes. Does that mean that only Premium passholders got in since it's sold out? Or did they hold some spots back for preferred? I guess we'll find out in 15 minutes.

Where did you see it sold out? I'm not able to get in, but it doesn't say it's sold out. And haven't seen anyone say anywhere that it's gone. I'm hoping their system is just bogged down.

wow this is an epic fail on Univeral, the site is super glitchy to register, and apparnetly it's all sold out, got all the way to place order and said we encountered issues

I am so pissed at them right now, zero heads up

Ridiculous they didn't let us know ahead of time... If they had announced that they WOULDNT announce, I would have just never bothered stalking and trying to make sure I don't miss it, just to miss it.

Where did you see it sold out? I'm not able to get in, but it doesn't say it's sold out. And haven't seen anyone say anywhere that it's gone. I'm hoping their system is just bogged down.
just going from the ealier post from hours ago. I see people are now saying they just keep trying and get it. So hopefully you'll get in!

Orlando Informer posted a bunch of great information on their blog regarding resort guests. Red text is my highlighting.

Theme-park admission: if you have tickets for the parks on June 3 and 4 and book a stay at one of the six resorts, you’ll be able to visit Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay on those days, before the general public can. Even better, Early Park Admission will also be available starting on June 5 – from 8:00 to 9:00 am at Universal Studios, and from 9:30 to 10:00 am at Volcano Bay.
(Worried about how the hotel guests will affect the strict capacity limits being enforced at the parks? Don’t be – Universal has already taken this extra traffic into account when setting those caps. This also means, on the flip side, that if the parks do hit capacity, the resort patrons will still be allowed entry.)

Express Passes: as already mentioned, if you’re staying at one of the premier hotels, you’ll still be able to receive complimentary Express Passes during your length of stay (which, as always, includes your check-in and -out dates).

Face masks: just like at CityWalk and the parks, visitors will be required to wear face masks while in the hotels’ public spaces, which means when traveling to and from the pools and at their attached bars and bathrooms. Once seated at the pools and maintaining six feet of distance from other travel parties, guests may take off their face coverings. (Please note that the masks aren’t allowed in the water or on the slides.)

Temperature checks: again just like the whole rest of the resort, you will have your temperature checked before being admitted into the hotels (if it’s 100.4 degrees or higher after three attempts, you’ll be barred from entering – though the rest of your party will still be allowed to do so). If your temperature spikes to that level after you’ve already checked in, you’ll be required to self-quarantine (Universal can provide an additional room for the rest of your party) and seek medical attention, and Universal may ask you to leave the premises, as well.
But wait – there’s more. Once you clear the temp check, you’ll receive a wristband for that day, which will tell the Universal team members at other locations (such as the parks) that they won’t need to do so again (or vice versa – if you’re checked first at the parks, you won’t have to be at the resorts).

Possible amenity disruptions: Universal warns that the “availability of food service, pools, fitness centers, and other amenities may be limited due to the increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization or to comply with the latest guidelines and recommendations.”

Enhanced safety practices: guests’ rooms will feature “enhanced” cleaning, using an “EPA-approved cleaner and disinfectant,” and hand-sanitizer stations will be erected throughout the building, including at elevator landings. Furthermore, when possible, the guest rooms will be left vacant for 24 to 48 hours after checkout. And, finally, contactless experiences will be prized, such as for communicating with the front-desk staff, checking out, and getting room deliveries.

I like the wrist band for the temp thing (although taking temps really has little to do with disease as people don't always show a fever and people can have fevers for other things)

I like the wrist band for the temp thing (although taking temps really has little to do with disease as people don't always show a fever and people can have fevers for other things)

I agree, the temperature check is 'covid theatre', just like the 'security theatre' at the airport. Evn my doctor (I went for a non-covid-related thing) said that they only take temperatures to prevent legal liability. People are contagious long before they show a temperature.

However, at least it only has to be checked once per day. The wristband is a great idea!

I agree, the temperature check is 'covid theatre', just like the 'security theatre' at the airport. Evn my doctor (I went for a non-covid-related thing) said that they only take temperatures to prevent legal liability. People are contagious long before they show a temperature.

However, at least it only has to be checked once per day. The wristband is a great idea!
yep! I was at the doc the other day and my temp said 97. I've never had a temp that low. Actually made me feel a little better about the temp thing in Florida. I usually run hot, closer to 99. lol

I do like that they address that as well recognizing that other factors can affect temp.

Try to get on site now, someone on the AP FB page just said its working

I got mine, but it wouldn't let me add my wife. I went back out and got to the place where you add to cart for her, and it just spun and spun. I think I'll eventually get it though. I was surprised there weren't any times for later in the day. All in the morning.

I got mine, but it wouldn't let me add my wife. I went back out and got to the place where you add to cart for her, and it just spun and spun. I think I'll eventually get it though. I was surprised there weren't any times for later in the day. All in the morning.

I think you have to do 2 separate reservations (yes its ridiculous )

Im worried that since they are letting hotel guests in during these AP days (which I don't think is fair to be honest), that they may hit a capacity, and even if we registered for the AP day, we still may not be let in.

Im worried that since they are letting hotel guests in during these AP days (which I don't think is fair to be honest), that they may hit a capacity, and even if we registered for the AP day, we still may not be let in.
If you saw the prices for those rooms, it’s what I consider fair
The premier hotels have always had perks.
It draws peeps in..
Me included...

so they aren't factoring in hotel guests in the capacity for slots for AP holders? That kinda stinks if we have a registered ticket thingy but then they say no, it is too full

It‘s completely fair for guest paying premium prices to get guaranteed access.

You might not like it, but it’s certainly not unfair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter