Universal for kids??

mrs.pixiedust

Earning My Ears
Okay, I'm new to this board. Is there anything geared toward young children at Universal. DH wants to go, but I don't want 4 yr old dd to be bored.

At UNIVERSAL there is an area called Woody Woodpecker Kidzone. It contains, ET-the ride, Animal planet show, Barney show, Barney's backyard (a GREAT indoor educational interative play area for young kids, go while a barney show is in progress and it will be empty), Curious George wet play area, Dry ball play area and Fievel's water slide with some interactive play things nearby).
Also, there is an attraction called the Hanna-Barberra ride. It's a motion simulator ride but there are staionary seats in the front.

PS: I saw your post on the budget board. Glad things are looking up for you.:)

Welcome mrs.pixiedust!
At Islands of Adventure (IOA), your DD will have a ball in Seuss Landing (3 rides & 1 great play area); Jurassic Park has a Discovery Center to explore (interactive museum-like, lot of fun); Toon Lagoon has a good play area on Me Ship, The Olive.

You can check out the other rides here: (I hope I did this right!)
Universal Studios - Orlando
Keep reading this board too. You'll get lots of good feedback!
Jim

If we go to WDW, we go to US/IOA. Our daughter has just as much fun there. There are also quite a few characters at US/IOA. Wouldn't miss it!

Our 3 1/2 Dd loved US/IOA. Her favorite ride was ET but she also loved everything in Seusslanding (Cat in the hat scared her the 1st time is is a little jerky but she ended up riding it 4 or 5 times.)
There is plenty to keep the younger ones entertained. She alos loved Kongfrontation and earthquake but hated Twister and Jaws

We did Universal--both parks--after four days at Disney. There was lots to do, and my wife and I liked it better. But when we asked my 9-year-old what he thought, he said, "Universal is good, but it lacks the magical charm of Disney."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter