United Seating Accuracy

clippers6

Mouseketeer
I was planning to upgrade closer to my trip, but now at about a month out it looks like the entire back half of the First Class cabin is completely booked and only 3 random seats in the first two rows are left. However the upgrade fee went from $269 to $713. If I start a new reservation, it lets me book a First Class ticket for only $806. While it is very possible a wealthy family booked the last 3 rows of First Class, it is just so weird to see First Class nearly sold out on a leisure route a month before. Is this possibly a quirk in the system?

Either way, there’s no way I’d pay $713 on top of my base fare for domestic First Class. Looks like Economy Plus for me. Or I might try and snag one of those seats at a reduced rate 24 hours prior.

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
I was planning to upgrade closer to my trip, but now at about a month out it looks like the entire back half of the First Class cabin is completely booked and only 3 random seats in the first two rows are left. However the upgrade fee went from $269 to $713. If I start a new reservation, it lets me book a First Class ticket for only $806. While it is very possible a wealthy family booked the last 3 rows of First Class, it is just so weird to see First Class nearly sold out on a leisure route a month before. Is this possibly a quirk in the system?

Either way, there’s no way I’d pay $713 on top of my base fare for domestic First Class. Looks like Economy Plus for me. Or I might try and snag one of those seats at a reduced rate 24 hours prior.
The seating chart doesn't necessarily represent seats sold. Airlines sometimes block seats. Some business flyers still get to fly first class. A business meeting or convention with business flyers entitled to first class is as likely, maybe more, then a wealthy family.

Try to make a first class reservation for 7 or 8 passengers. That will give you an idea as to how many open seats are really available.

clippers6

Mouseketeer
Isn't it always full? I thought they just upgraded their best customers if there were open first class seats.
Yes, they usually upgrade people a day before. For it to be so full a month before and on a leisure route is kind of rare. That means a lot of people paid for the upgrade or used their miles. I also noticed the price to upgrade to premium economy is close to $100 on the app and $50 on the website, so I’m thinking there might be some technical issues.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates