United Seating Accuracy

clippers6

Mouseketeer
I was planning to upgrade closer to my trip, but now at about a month out it looks like the entire back half of the First Class cabin is completely booked and only 3 random seats in the first two rows are left. However the upgrade fee went from $269 to $713. If I start a new reservation, it lets me book a First Class ticket for only $806. While it is very possible a wealthy family booked the last 3 rows of First Class, it is just so weird to see First Class nearly sold out on a leisure route a month before. Is this possibly a quirk in the system?

Either way, there’s no way I’d pay $713 on top of my base fare for domestic First Class. Looks like Economy Plus for me. Or I might try and snag one of those seats at a reduced rate 24 hours prior.

I was planning to upgrade closer to my trip, but now at about a month out it looks like the entire back half of the First Class cabin is completely booked and only 3 random seats in the first two rows are left. However the upgrade fee went from $269 to $713. If I start a new reservation, it lets me book a First Class ticket for only $806. While it is very possible a wealthy family booked the last 3 rows of First Class, it is just so weird to see First Class nearly sold out on a leisure route a month before. Is this possibly a quirk in the system?

Either way, there’s no way I’d pay $713 on top of my base fare for domestic First Class. Looks like Economy Plus for me. Or I might try and snag one of those seats at a reduced rate 24 hours prior.
The seating chart doesn't necessarily represent seats sold. Airlines sometimes block seats. Some business flyers still get to fly first class. A business meeting or convention with business flyers entitled to first class is as likely, maybe more, then a wealthy family.

Try to make a first class reservation for 7 or 8 passengers. That will give you an idea as to how many open seats are really available.

Isn't it always full? I thought they just upgraded their best customers if there were open first class seats.
Yes, they usually upgrade people a day before. For it to be so full a month before and on a leisure route is kind of rare. That means a lot of people paid for the upgrade or used their miles. I also noticed the price to upgrade to premium economy is close to $100 on the app and $50 on the website, so I’m thinking there might be some technical issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!