*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

I was thinking the same thing about the email and how we get our lanyards, etc.... Hope we hear something soon.

We've not received anything official from GKTW, nor any response to emails to them...... I'm a mite bit unsettled, as we've got almost $800 tied up in this, due to an early registration....... if anyone else receives details or additional information, please share! Looking forward to the after hours event!

... Will the auction room be open the entire weekend? Do we need certain tickets to get into that or will it be open to the general public? ...
Thanks for your kind words. I enjoy logistics/planning. Below is info that is on the GKtW DISfam website. Note that when the auction was first advertised, it was open to the public. For the last few weeks (months?) it has been advertised as open to DIS Family Reunion Guests.

As of 08/28 on https://gktw.org/disfam/schedule.php:
The Auction Hall (Sorcerer's Apprentice Ballroom) will remain open to DIS Family Reunion guests:
Thursday September 9, 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday September 10,
9:00am – 4:00pm
Auction item pick-up:
Friday September 10, 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday September 11, 9:00am – 12:00pm

I must say that there hasn't been much to engage us or get us excited about this event. Just the one podcast about a month ago and not much since then. It's disappointing, but not as disappointing as paying double for signing up early. Charity event or not, that stings. Although I don't think I would mind as much if there were more hype and excitement about the event.

No there hasn't been anything since an email from Steve on the 14th about autographs being on sale. It said we'd get more info later in the week but nothing else has been sent.

It's super frustrating to be this close and know nothing.

Thanks for your kind words. I enjoy logistics/planning. Below is info that is on the GKtW DISfam website. Note that when the auction was first advertised, it was open to the public. For the last few weeks (months?) it has been advertised as open to DIS Family Reunion Guests.

Thanks - it's those sentences that triggered why I'm confused about a lot of things on this event. If we're only going to the After Hours Party, are we still considered DISFamily "guests" to attend the auction?

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about this in the podcasts advertising it and getting people excited for it. Strange...

I think with what's going on in Florida right now, GKTW and/or TheDIS are hesitant to put anything out there. I don't feel as if they're doing it because they aren't organized ..I feel like they don't want to say something then back out of it(repeatedly). I too am curious about the lanyards and registration. As I said earlier -I'm pretty much set on only doing unofficial events anyway, and I have the pass if I decide to use it for a panel event. I'll be there in less than a week at this point!

I think with what's going on in Florida right now, GKTW and/or TheDIS are hesitant to put anything out there. I don't feel as if they're doing it because they aren't organized ..I feel like they don't want to say something then back out of it(repeatedly). I too am curious about the lanyards and registration. As I said earlier -I'm pretty much set on only doing unofficial events anyway, and I have the pass if I decide to use it for a panel event. I'll be there in less than a week at this point!

The problem with that is most are traveling to get there. And if you are going to postpone or cancel it should have been done by now. It's less than 2 weeks, could they do either of course, but they need to start providing info one way or the other.

The problem with that is most are traveling to get there. And if you are going to postpone or cancel it should have been done by now. It's less than 2 weeks, could they do either of course, but they need to start providing info one way or the other.

It's clear right now that it isn't being cancelled or postponed(imo) ...some of the featured speakers/acts may still cancel but they'll make due with what they have I suppose. Who knows ...if someone isn't satisfied with what they get for their money maybe they'll offer to refund, but it was a donation after all. It's unfortunate but the whole situation is unfortunate. That's just the way I'm looking at it.

So…it looks like Mike and I will now be in town for the event😀 We haven’t bought any access to the scheduled panels, as we’re not sure we want to spend that much time inside. However, we would love to meet up with our DIS friends along the way! Would love to see y’all in an “unofficial” meetup!

I must say that there hasn't been much to engage us or get us excited about this event. Just the one podcast about a month ago and not much since then. It's disappointing, but not as disappointing as paying double for signing up early. Charity event or not, that stings. Although I don't think I would mind as much if there were more hype and excitement about the event.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I know these are weird times, but it feels a little disorganized at this point.

I agree the lack of communication is disappointing. I would guess it hasn’t been hyped on the podcast much because I’m guessing the DIS crew doesn’t know much more than we do. Planning unofficial meetups here is helping hype me up. 😄

I agree the lack of communication is disappointing. I would guess it hasn’t been hyped on the podcast much because I’m guessing the DIS crew doesn’t know much more than we do. Planning unofficial meetups here is helping hype me up. 😄

I just think of those who have tickets that are not part of this message board. They literally have heard nothing about it.

I just think of those who have tickets that are not part of this message board. They literally have heard nothing about it.
Maybe we can can make our own Unofficial Fan Zine (Zine= short for magazine. kinda Indy, community-oriented type of publication) *Just Kidding.... sorta :jester:*

In other news of people having difficulty getting to Orlando.... I may have to be in the NOLA area to help my family recover. I'm trying hard not to have my parents go back until there's a working hospital near them. Mom's situation isn't set up to "rough it" even for a day. But you can't lead a llama to a Slushie-Frost-Pop.... or can you?? ;) I'm still planning to be in Ooooohlando, until I'm not- and I'll keep all y'all apprised. Communication! Pass it on! ;) :D

So, I think at this point, while COVID cases have plateaued in Florida, I don't see things calming down enough within just 9 days to make me feel comfortable being down there, so unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to postpone my trip, which means I won't be there for the reunion. I'm going to wait until after tomorrow's show to see if they give us any updates before I finalize any changes though.

This COVID situation is all so disappointing, to say the least...

In other news of people having difficulty getting to Orlando.... I may have to be in the NOLA area to help my family recover. I'm trying hard not to have my parents go back until there's a working hospital near them. Mom's situation isn't set up to "rough it" even for a day. But you can't lead a llama to a Slushie-Frost-Pop.... or can you?? ;) I'm still planning to be in Ooooohlando, until I'm not- and I'll keep all y'all apprised. Communication! Pass it on! ;) :D

:grouphug: (virtual, socially-distanced of course)

"lead a llama to a Slushie-Frost-Pop".... that feels like a Milo Murphy's Law reference, but I can't put my finger on it.

So, I think at this point, while COVID cases have plateaued in Florida, I don't see things calming down enough within just 9 days to make me feel comfortable being down there, so unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to postpone my trip, which means I won't be there for the reunion. I'm going to wait until after tomorrow's show to see if they give us any updates before I finalize any changes though.

This COVID situation is all so disappointing, to say the least...
Well, that sucks. The whole situation sucks. I'm still going, but at this point, I think I'll be masking up even outdoors (unless I'm away from people).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter