*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an option when I purchased to add an additional donation to cover the costs.
I think you missed their point. They didn't care about all the Convention entertainment and would have preferred to only buy a SWGE ticket and possibly donate more to GKTW. At this point, we had to pay $400 and after that not many of us can justify adding an additional donation to cover costs.

I think you missed their point. They didn't care about all the Convention entertainment and would have preferred to only buy a SWGE ticket and possibly donate more to GKTW. At this point, we had to pay $400 and after that not many of us can justify adding an additional donation to cover costs.

I totally understand. Was just saying that for people who do purchase the party only now that that is an option- there is a designation to make an additional donation to the charity to cover the cost. I can't attend on the 9th or 10th which is why I initially didn't buy a ticket. I attended in 2019 and really enjoyed the entire event- especially the live podcast taping. So, I purchased the party tickets but added money so that more goes to the charity.

I'm in the opposite camp - I bought convention hall ticket and no SWGE... $199 was a bit too much to spend for 2 hours in Galaxy's Edge in my mind. however, $99 I might do it. I need to think it through. It would free me up from having to worry about getting a boarding group on my HS day at the park.

I am going to be magnanimous about this as I’ll probably loose the $400 spent as I doubt I’ll be able to attend,

But it’s a wonderful charity and everything they raise will go to doing good.

so I am going to focus on that, as we could get bogged down in what fair and what is not and I totally get why people feel slightly irked.

but the kids that go there experience the centre and have that joy in their sometimes very limited life, that alone means I’m okay with the money.

still think about the churro story from the last Disney meet up…

Kate - I hate that you won't be there...maybe, just maybe there will be a miracle here. I have a question of everyone. I did buy the convention hall tickets and I know I got some type of email confirmation or something. I can't seem to find it... I guess they'll have a list of those who purchased just like the 2019 event but just in case I'd like some kind of confirmation. Anyone remember the email address it came from ?? I lose everything - I would lose my head if it weren't securely attached.

Sorry been off the tread for a couple days been so busy.

Still have no idea if I’ll be able to come or not.

but any who, if I have missed anyone updates for the first 3 posts let me know and I will update.

Gorgeous shoes!

I hope you're able to attend.

Can you add me + 1 to Boo Bash on September 10? I wasn't originally going to go, but I YOLOed it.
I saw it. Trying to be more magnanimous, but it seems unfair.

Also, I'm thinking tickets must not have sold well?

Last week or the week before during the Podcast it was mentioned that First Responders would get 50% off tickets (for both convention and GE party).

I agree I don't think tickets have sold as well as they expected. I bought two tickets (Convention + GE Party) and while I was not that interested at first, I would now choose to only attend one day of the convention and the GE party, but probably not both days.

I understand the desire to sell more tickets, but I was also looking forward to being guaranteed to ride RotR (so long as it's not broken down during the party). I hope that's still the case even with the increase in ticket sales.

Kate - I hate that you won't be there...maybe, just maybe there will be a miracle here. I have a question of everyone. I did buy the convention hall tickets and I know I got some type of email confirmation or something. I can't seem to find it... I guess they'll have a list of those who purchased just like the 2019 event but just in case I'd like some kind of confirmation. Anyone remember the email address it came from ?? I lose everything - I would lose my head if it weren't securely attached.

The email came form GKTW: DIS Reunion 2021 "info@class-mail.org." I was able to find it by searching "GKTW" in my inbox.

yep as long as there’s a smidgen of a chance I’m holding on; as I can always rebook last minute.

also the main reason I want to come to the event is to see all my Dis Chums as Disney will always be there but to have so many Dissers in one place is rare .

although if you’ve lost your confirmation You might want to drop Stevena@gktw.org a message as that who sent me the email about moving my tickets

I know it is a charity and I ordered my tickets early, however if I had waited it would have been $240 less. I also realize it could have sold out early. That was possible. There just seems to be something wrong with what they did. Show some appreciation to those who ordered early. I would have probably used the $240 for auction. Now I don't think so. Not happy with how this was handled.

Hey y'all, I completely understand the frustration- I'm in the same camp where I was happy to donate GKtW for the original cost, and now the circumstances of the donation changed. It feels like another Covid-topsyturvy situation. However, the discussion is diluting the thread designed to help us meet up with one another.

So in the spirit of gentleness and continued conversation, could those interested in the topic of expo and event cost changes start a new thread to explore and discuss that important topic?
I really appreciate this community, and just trying to keep the thread usefully tidy for us to meet whether in-person, or a live stream.

So in the spirit of gentleness and continued conversation, could those interested in the topic of expo and event cost changes start a new thread to explore and discuss that important topic?
I really appreciate this community, and just trying to keep the thread usefully tidy for us to meet whether in-person, or a live stream.

Of course - and you are totally right. A sincere apology for taking this thread down a topsy turvy rabbit hole. :flower3:

I'm in the opposite camp - I bought convention hall ticket and no SWGE... $199 was a bit too much to spend for 2 hours in Galaxy's Edge in my mind. however, $99 I might do it. I need to think it through. It would free me up from having to worry about getting a boarding group on my HS day at the park.

Same here....

In a bit of other news, I was able to snag DVC access to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on 9/5!

Same here....

In a bit of other news, I was able to snag DVC access to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on 9/5!
I am in the que now hoping to get in. We have a lot going on already, I hope I can find something that fits into our schedule.

wow - congrats to you folks who get a sneak peak of Remy's ! amazing. I wonder if there might be a soft opening for us regular folks when we're there for the party

Sorry been off the tread for a couple days been so busy.

Still have no idea if I’ll be able to come or not.

but any who, if I have missed anyone updates for the first 3 posts let me know and I will update.

also bought some cool shoes a few month back.

they’ve arrived from Etsy as I was going to wear them at the Jodie Benson meet and greet.
View attachment 594581
Cool!

I am going to be magnanimous about this as I’ll probably loose the $400 spent as I doubt I’ll be able to attend,

But it’s a wonderful charity and everything they raise will go to doing good.

so I am going to focus on that, as we could get bogged down in what fair and what is not and I totally get why people feel slightly irked.

but the kids that go there experience the centre and have that joy in their sometimes very limited life, that alone means I’m okay with the money.

still think about the churro story from the last Disney meet up…

Could you please add to 1st page Epcot Food and Wine Dis meet at opening at France for Sat 9/11 hosted by me? Thanks.

So....it looks like Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor have just disappeared from the schedule? Does anyone think maybe this was a mistake? The main reason I bought convention tickets was to see Ashley Eckstein. Also love James Arnold Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter