*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also still in and crossing fingers that this “wave” subsides quickly. That may be wishful thinking, but I’m all about wishes and staying positive! I do expect I will be coming down unless there is a change to the event itself.

Sorry been off the tread for a couple days been so busy.

Still have no idea if I’ll be able to come or not.

but any who, if I have missed anyone updates for the first 3 posts let me know and I will update.

also bought some cool shoes a few month back.

they’ve arrived from Etsy as I was going to wear them at the Jodie Benson meet and greet.

Sorry been off the tread for a couple days been so busy.

Still have no idea if I’ll be able to come or not.

but any who, if I have missed anyone updates for the first 3 posts let me know and I will update.

also bought some cool shoes a few month back.

they’ve arrived from Etsy as I was going to wear them at the Jodie Benson meet and greet.

omg those SHOES!!!!! Gorgeous! 😍

When you have a chance could you update me on where I’m staying. I moved from Pop to Contemporary. (Same dates) Thanks so much!!

When it says you have to purchase a convention hall ticket to purchase the SWGE ticket- is that a convention hall ticket on any day? or does it have to be the VIP? For example, could i purchase the convention hall ticket for 9/9 and then pay the $99 for the galaxy's edge event?

When it says you have to purchase a convention hall ticket to purchase the SWGE ticket- is that a convention hall ticket on any day? or does it have to be the VIP? For example, could i purchase the convention hall ticket for 9/9 and then pay the $99 for the galaxy's edge event?

I have no clue because the original "rules" have completely changed now. At that time you had to buy the 2 day Convention Hall ticket @ $199. to purchase the SWGE ticket @ $199.

I have no clue because the original "rules" have completely changed now. At that time you had to buy the 2 day Convention Hall ticket @ $199. to purchase the SWGE ticket @ $199.
Weird now the language about the convention ticket has been totally removed. But still shows up in the waiver section.

Weird now the language about the convention ticket has been totally removed. But still shows up in the waiver section.
Yes . . . and I was able to add and "almost" buy just the ticket to the SWGE. So what we had to pay $400 for (with 2 days of Convention Hall) anyone else can do for $100. Definitely shows they are having trouble selling tickets . . .

Yes . . . and I was able to add and "almost" buy just the ticket to the SWGE. So what we had to pay $400 for (with 2 days of Convention Hall) anyone else can do for $100. Definitely shows they are having trouble selling tickets . . .
I know people who can only go to the party, but bought convention hall tickets because that was the only way. So if that's the case... that's even harder to swallow. I can't even make it to the panels Friday, and will probably be around the convention hall Thursday for less than an hour. Had I had the option, I would've just purchased a party ticket.

I know people who can only go to the party, but bought convention hall tickets because that was the only way. So if that's the case... that's even harder to swallow. I can't even make it to the panels Friday, and will probably be around the convention hall Thursday for less than an hour. Had I had the option, I would've just purchased a party ticket.

Same here. I don't mind making the extra donation just to attend on Saturday - it was just very unclear which convention ticket has to be purchased. Saying "a convention hall ticket" does not clarify if it is any one day, the 2 day, or the VIP for all 3 days.

Same here. I don't mind making the extra donation just to attend on Saturday - it was just very unclear which convention ticket has to be purchased. Saying "a convention hall ticket" does not clarify if it is any one day, the 2 day, or the VIP for all 3 days.

I contacted them to ask- you no longer need a convention hall ticket to attend the SWGE party. I totally understand the icky feeling.. but maybe you know more people that couldn't afford to attend before, that may want to attend at a more affordable price, and still donate to a good cause?

I saw it. Trying to be more magnanimous, but it seems unfair.

Also, I'm thinking tickets must not have sold well?

It is and it's frustrating. These are the options if wanted back in june when Pete made it seem, to me anyway, that it was doing well ans we should get our tickets. I should have waited then I could have at least gotten just a Fri ticket. I don't even get to fl until that morning.

And it is for charity but if I'd rather all that extra go to gktw than go to covering event expenses. We can't write any of the ticket price off that tells me there's not a set donation from it and the money comes after expenses. I'd feel better knowing a set donation price had been built into the ticket price.

It is and it's frustrating. These are the options if wanted back in june when Pete made it seem, to me anyway, that it was doing well ans we should get our tickets. I should have waited then I could have at least gotten just a Fri ticket. I don't even get to fl until that morning.

And it is for charity but if I'd rather all that extra go to gktw than go to covering event expenses. We can't write any of the ticket price off that tells me there's not a set donation from it and the money comes after expenses. I'd feel better knowing a set donation price had been built into the ticket price.

There was an option when I purchased to add an additional donation to cover the costs.

Yes - I jumped and bought in early June because they (Pete and the gang) said the tickets were sold out for SWGE. I was on vacation and upset I had been waffling, so I went into the site to see if I could still buy a ticket . . . and I could . . . so I did. A knee jerk reaction of getting caught up in the moment - FOMO and all that. :rolleyes1

I contacted them to ask- you no longer need a convention hall ticket to attend the SWGE party. I totally understand the icky feeling.. but maybe you know more people that couldn't afford to attend before, that may want to attend at a more affordable price, and still donate to a good cause?
That would be great, but it doesn't make it any less icky for those who paid full price. I'm just being honest. I love GKTW and have been supporting them for years. I don't want to take anything away from them. But let's imagine the people who paid the regular prices when the tickets first went on sale were suddenly given VIP access. I bet the people who paid for VIP tix would be up in arms.

Last edited:
There was an option when I purchased to add an additional donation to cover the costs.

Yes but when spending 400 for charity events hoping to raise money, I'm expecting some of that to go to more than just the event cost. This isn't a 5k run I signed up for at 35 and then donate extra money. It's already a lot and now with lower prices it looks bad.

I do hope they raise a lot from it but it leaves a bitter taste at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter