Ugh! What a dilemma

We do Hollywood Studios for 2 days every trip and I let the girls decide where we are going to eat with one exception. In the 10 to 12 days we are at WDW I had better see at least one meal, lunch or dinner at the Sci-Fi.
I haven't been to WDW in over 15 years and I know Sci-fi gets some bad reviews. But lots of good ones too. My husband isn't a picky eater and tends to enjoy a burger anywhere. It's more the ambiance, the cars and the movie shorts that I'm excited about.
I would have regretted not going. I think I got caught up in the hype of Snow White. I'm super excited about the whole trip but I can't wait for Sci-fi!

It's easy to get caught up in the reviews trap anyway, both good and bad. All reviews of subjective aspects (how something tastes, for example) are anecdotal. Go read the runny yolk thread, lol. I try to focus on the objective aspects, such as what is on the menu. I will make the subjective analysis for myself.

The problem with grabbing a really bad review is that all restaurants have them. Sci-fi is the worst meal experience we've ever had on Disney property. It was worse than Hollywood and Vine for us. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has AC. But others have had much better experiences there. And Storybook dining has good reviews too. As you said, mixed.

I hear ya as all reviews are very subjective but those were from the 1st page alone! That for me is a huge warning sign......

I hope you choose to keep the Sci-Fi. My kids love it. The adults love it. We don't have drive in's by us so we never get to go. :) We love that we can do that in Disney. I had a great burger in February. I mean GREAT. lol I was really hungry tho. While I LOVED my main dish at SW - I hated everything else about the meal. The shared apps I thought were awful and didn't really care for the desserts. It was a one and done for our family. Have a great trip.

I haven't been to WDW in over 15 years and I know Sci-fi gets some bad reviews. But lots of good ones too. My husband isn't a picky eater and tends to enjoy a burger anywhere. It's more the ambiance, the cars and the movie shorts that I'm excited about.
I would have regretted not going. I think I got caught up in the hype of Snow White. I'm super excited about the whole trip but I can't wait for Sci-fi!

Same here, got caught up in hype......of SW dinner, then I went online to read the reviews and was frankly stunned by the many varied reviews, and like I said I went to TA and saw for myself the 1st page was so many poor reviews and even found quite a few on YT that did not have too good of things to say, thus the luster for the ADR was gone.......but the want to go to Sci-Fi again was still there as we did really enjoy it the last time, either or I m sure you will have a great time, enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter