Ugh! What a dilemma

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
We managed to get a 5:00 ADR for Sci-fi and I was/am so excited about it. I haven't been to WDW in 15 years and it was my very favorite. Even over Contemporary dinner.
I really want to do the new Snow White dinner so I put it in the reservation finder and just got one. Yay right?
Well, it's an hour before Sci-fi.
It's my fault. I shouldn't have put in the dates for our entire trip.
I'm really torn. Like, really, really torn but I'll probably cancel SW and hope it'll show up for me on another day.
The time at 4 PM is kinda perfect though, it would give us a nice break before heading back to watch Fantasmic.
Yep, still torn. What would you guys do?

*edited for typo

Last edited:
Are there no other spots available for Sci-Fi? I dont think it’s a super hard ADR to get so keep looking and try on the app as well as online (for both) and see what you can do.

If you've had your heart set on sci-fi and have waited so long for it and are also doing DHS that day anyway, it's best to just keep that one.

You don't know if you'll like the Snow White dinner and you have to travel all the way to WL for it and then back to DHS.

I'd keep Sci-Fi. I know when we went last Sept. we had a hard time getting Sci-Fi. And that was in September.

I'd keep trying to see if SW opened at another time if you'd really like to see it.

You guys are right. This is my husband's first time at WDW and he doesn't think it can compare to Disneyland. I just can't wait to show him Sci-fi.
I'm going to try and find the Snow White cancelation thread. Maybe someone here can get it.
Thanks guys you guys are the best!

Sci Fi tends to be one of the difficult ones to get. Since this was the one you were most interested in, I would keep it. It also saves you time from going from HS to Wilderness and back.
I would try for another day for Storybook Dining.

Sci_Fi was indeed a bit of a difficult ADR to get, we went the last time also and also LOVED it, the quite, inside air conditioned sit down and chill meal, I dont even remember what I ordered but I remember a vanilla shake that was very good, the kids loved it as they had their own "car", so much so we are going back this August and looking forward to it, so I say as others have said if you are on HS already go for it and the SW, I feel over-hyped meal can wait, for as popular that place it is sure does get mixed reviews....

Off TA....

Way to screw up a great restaurant Disney
WORST dinner of all of our dining experiences! Bad service and food!
Poor dining options and overall experience
This was just off the first page.........

Wow, those are bad reviews. It made the decision easier.
I'm sticking to Sci-fi. I posted the reservation on the cancellation thread to see if anyone else might like it.

I think it's a wise idea to keep it. With SWGE opening, sit down reservations are going to be hard to come by. You have one. Hang on to it. I have one and I'm so excited to try it!!

Wow, those are bad reviews. It made the decision easier.
I'm sticking to Sci-fi. I posted the reservation on the cancellation thread to see if anyone else might like it.

They are and found it surprising.......BUT they are all subjective as all reviews are, keep Sci-Fi I know you will enjoy!!

Good! I was still planning on looking for you guys.

I had about an hour of "What do I do!? Tell me what to do!?" And then I realized I was way over thinking it. (As usual) I actually added a day to our trip just for Sci-fi. I'm not giving it up.

I hope we run into you guys. I'd love to see your costume. It sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun. :D

My daughter and I went to SW dinner a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The Evil Queen is awesome! The food is much better than Sci Fi IMO. I've eaten at Sci-Fi many times, it's fun and if you're already going to be there that's easier for sure. It's an experience especially if you haven't been there before. It is easier to get a reservation there than at SW right now that's for certain.

Off TA....

Way to screw up a great restaurant Disney
WORST dinner of all of our dining experiences! Bad service and food!
Poor dining options and overall experience
This was just off the first page.........

The problem with grabbing a really bad review is that all restaurants have them. Sci-fi is the worst meal experience we've ever had on Disney property. It was worse than Hollywood and Vine for us. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has AC. But others have had much better experiences there. And Storybook dining has good reviews too. As you said, mixed.

We do Hollywood Studios for 2 days every trip and I let the girls decide where we are going to eat with one exception. In the 10 to 12 days we are at WDW I had better see at least one meal, lunch or dinner at the Sci-Fi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter