Typhoon lagoon locker alternative

I don't like the location of the lockers. I don't want to have to trek all the way there and back when it's time for lunch. I don't depend on Magic bands anymore after the tap system went down last time we were at Typhoon Lagoon and they were only accepting cash or credit cards for payment.

Thus, the waterproof lanyard pouch.

Plus, it's good to have a phone with you and it allows you to take great photos at the waterpark, which most people don't do.

It's also helpful to keep an eye on the radar when it looks like a storm might be on the way. My kid is very afraid of thunderstorms so this way we have enough time to bail out before it hits.

generally it's helpful to mention that the post is meant to be a joke or sarcastic because humor does not translate over text.
it translates fine if you half any critical thinking at all...sorry...I apologize to the people who don't understand obvious sarcasm

It’s been years since I’ve been to a water park, but we always asked for a locker in the ski patrol area at BB and as close to Crusher n Gusher and restrooms at TL.

generally it's helpful to mention that the post is meant to be a joke or sarcastic because humor does not translate over text.
Agree. Like we should be able to tell the difference between someone posting bad information (happens all the time) or someone who thinks they are cleverly using sarcasm? Then tells us we are all stupid.

Be careful with "waterproof" pouches. Ruined an iPhone. Test before every use. Put a tissue in the case, seal and submerge in a sink.

Guys should just put a credit card and cash in a zippered pocket. Wet cash is accepted for payment.

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can bring a secure lock bag/box to typhoon lagoon? I used something similar for valuables at the beach. The bag or box would attach to the beach chair and has a combination lock.
We have a CoolBag that we have used many times at the water parks, Castaway Cay, beach, etc.

Could you buy a lockbox like the kind you might see on the front door of a house for sale and lock that onto a pool chair? Or would you get in trouble for that?

Actually coming back to this thread because I had a question myself, where are the lockers located in relation to the rented umbrellas? We got an umbrella for our TL day and am wondering how feasible it would be to get a locker for the pool bag we are bringing.

Actually coming back to this thread because I had a question myself, where are the lockers located in relation to the rented umbrellas? We got an umbrella for our TL day and am wondering how feasible it would be to get a locker for the pool bag we are bringing.
Years ago when umbrellas were free and first come first serve, I use to always ask for a locker near Crush n Gusher. And at BB I’d ask for one near Ski Patrol. So you can request a general area of the locker if you know where your umbrella is.

Years ago when umbrellas were free and first come first serve, I use to always ask for a locker near Crush n Gusher. And at BB I’d ask for one near Ski Patrol. So you can request a general area of the locker if you know where your umbrella is.
Thanks!

We use one of these to put our car keys, phone, earbuds, magicbands in. We just lock it around the legs of two lounge chairs next to each other. It works great. We also use it at hotel pool. I've used it for about five years now so I have definitely got my moneys worth vs renting lockers.
1683736729891.png

Disney frowns on your attaching your stuff to their property, so I wouldn't tether anything to a beach chair.
I’ve never had Disney or any other hotel/water park complain about us using these. The cable is vinyl coated so it doesn’t harm the chair. As long as you’re not leaving it longer than the time you’re supposed to leave your things on a chair, I don’t see any issues.

Not sure if this is a time of year thing since we always go at down times, but we were told they don't rent the lockers by the Ski Patrol bathrooms anymore. We've been there quite a few times when this has been the case. TL has always been more convenient at the front.

I get being soured by MB's being down one time, but it's definitely worth it at water parks. Everything is locked up but the MB's on our trips.

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I might ask a Typhoon Lagoon question in this one:

I have not been to TL since prior to the COVID shut-down and prior to the Shark Reef attraction being closed. Prior to that we used to find chairs under a some covered pavilions just past Crush N Gusher and also around the area of the Shark Reef.

Since the re-opening has anyone had any luck finding shade under the covered areas for free or have they all been converted to Beach Cabanas?

Thanks!

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I might ask a Typhoon Lagoon question in this one:

I have not been to TL since prior to the COVID shut-down and prior to the Shark Reef attraction being closed. Prior to that we used to find chairs under a some covered pavilions just past Crush N Gusher and also around the area of the Shark Reef.

Since the re-opening has anyone had any luck finding shade under the covered areas for free or have they all been converted to Beach Cabanas?

Thanks!
I've seen a few recent-ish videos on YouTube while doing research on this and there looks to be a number of them, but they are limited and you have to get there early to basically rope drop them. I think depending on what time of year you're going and what day you'll be able to if you go when the park opens and make a beeline for it. We ended up opting to book an umbrella just because both of us are first timers to TL and unfamiliar with the layout of the park, plus we'll be coming off a very late night at MK extended hours the evening before so will not want to get up that early.

I don't depend on Magic bands anymore after the tap system went down last time we were at Typhoon Lagoon and they were only accepting cash or credit cards for payment.
We had the tap system go down before when all we had was the Magic Bands. They just gave us all the food for free. I can say that free Disney food tastes better than the stuff you pay for. :)

Thanks!
There's still a large covered area back by where the reef used to be. Best be quick, a lot of people make straight for it.

The rental cabanas are around the wave pool, there's also a couple by the family raft ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter