Two people on this trip - lousy table location?

It's nearly always just the two of us. The only issue I have is, as others have mentioned, if the table is actually for two instead of four, it can be a bit cramped but I wouldn't reject it for that. We did once have a table for 2 at Chefs de France that was tucked in behind a post and very close to the table beside it. However, the restaurant was not busy, no one was seated beside us and being behind a post gave us some more privacy so we were fine with it. It's the only place in WDW that I can think of when we've been at a table for 2 where I would say it could have been uncomfortable had it not been sparsely populated. Most other places it was fine with reasonable space between us and neighbouring tables or we had a table for 4 with just the two of us.

Yes, but still not to a great area. Disappointing as the restaurant was completely empty. I didn't want to fuss anymore so I put up with it.

just cos the restaurant is empty you cant just sit where you like at a table service restaurant. The tables are divided into sections which are the same all the time. The servers get assigned sections when they come on shift. The table sections are designed in a specific way, to divide up the amount of people in a way that is manageable for the server and the kitchen.

If you were the first table to be seated when the restaurant opened, you were given a table in the the section that was open. The restaurant for example may have sat you in section 1 because the servers for section 5 (where a table you wanted to sit at) had not started their shift. Seating you in a section which was not open would have caused operational problems for the restaurant.

i have never been to WDW with just one other person. Will that make a difference in our seating location? I hope we aren't always put in a corner or near the kitchen entrance. What are your experiences? We have ADR's at BOG, LTT, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia and Sci-Fi diner.

Oh we have experienced the dreaded 2 top by the kitchen, in the back, near the cutlery station, next to the giant loud party of 12, in the little room next to the screaming family of 8...but told the hostess right away that we prefer to wait for the next 2 top that is in a more "open" area...the only time I got an attitude was at La Hacienda de San Angel but we still were sat in a different area (after they tried to shove us in the small room off the main dining room in a corner right next to a family where the kids were jumping up and down on the booth we'd be sharing). I don't care if I get an "attitude" - if I'm not happy with where they seat us I will ask to be moved and honestly it happens a lot. Some people don't care, I do... :confused3not happy with where the put you - just ask to be moved, you may have to wait a bit longer but they'll take care of it.:thumbsup2

We actually just had this happen at Jiko, they tried to sit us in the back corner, (ok if I were with my dh it may have been romantic but was with my 19 yr old dd, not so much lol!) They had a few tables by the window open but already reserved for parties waiting then I saw the counter prep area wide open, jumped for that and glad we did, ended up being a lot of fun especially being able to talk to the cast members making our apps and salads. For any restaurant that has an open kitchen we always jump at the chance to sit there and if you only have 2 in your party you have more of chance in sitting there.

Last edited:
just cos the restaurant is empty you cant just sit where you like at a table service restaurant. The tables are divided into sections which are the same all the time. The servers get assigned sections when they come on shift. The table sections are designed in a specific way, to divide up the amount of people in a way that is manageable for the server and the kitchen.

If you were the first table to be seated when the restaurant opened, you were given a table in the the section that was open. The restaurant for example may have sat you in section 1 because the servers for section 5 (where a table you wanted to sit at) had not started their shift. Seating you in a section which was not open would have caused operational problems for the restaurant.
Chef Mickey fills up quickly and the restaurant is huge. There were many nicer available places we could have been seated at. No need to place the very first guests right by the open kitchen door. We weren't even placed at a 2-top, so that wasn't the issue, either.

Chef Mickey fills up quickly and the restaurant is huge. There were many nicer available places we could have been seated at. No need to place the very first guests right by the open kitchen door. We weren't even placed at a 2-top, so that wasn't the issue, either.
Seating the first guests in less desirable locations is not unique to Disney restaurants. We have experienced attempts to do the same when dining early at some local restaurants. Now we make it a point to request a table or booth in a location more to our liking when we check in to be seated. Our worse experience was being shown to a high-top table in the noisy bar area when there were plenty of open booths and tables in the main dining room. After we asked to move, the hostess suggested that we add a notation that we prefer the main dining room when we make our reservation. It's been working ever since.

Ahh the dreaded tiny table for 2", I did a dining report about our tiny tables from this past February. We had some bad ones and so crowded up against a pole, another table, or just the table top itself. I travel with a teenager and she gets so embarrassed if I politely ask for a different table. Most of the time the table is okay but really tiny! This past trip in August our tables were not quite as bad so if it isn't to your liking say something!

There are usually four of us, but if I am not happy with the location I usually ask to be moved. We may have to wait but it is usually not long. One time we did have a problem at whispering Canyon. We were a party of six and they sat us near a garbage area/clean up area. We asked to be moved and we were but we waited a long time after we complained we were finally seated and a manager offered us a free appetizer and was very sorry since the hostess had forgot about us and sat others who arrived after us.

We go to Disney every year and it's always two of us. Honestly, we've been seated at some amazing tables and some real stinkers. I wait all year for my vacation and I like to relax and enjoy my dinner so I have no problem asking for a better table location. We have always been moved to a better location, sometimes with a little attitude, but most times courteously and asking if the new offering was acceptable. I think that asking nicely and explaining why the table was not comfortable for you always helps you get what you want. There's no reason so start out your meal aggravated, so ask for what you want right off the bat. And they enjoy!!

We are a party of 2 women and are put at bad tables often. Do we stay there? Nope!

We just politely decline and ask for another table. Sure, we get some death glares from the CMs, but I don't care. As we head back to the entrance, I'll often see a much better table and ask for it.

Two days ago at trex they tried putting my wife and I in a terrible table. A fake tree was your view. Asked to be moved and was moved to a good 4 top table. About 10 minutes later they sat someone else down in the bad location table.

I have never had an issue with the tables I have been sat at as a party of 2 or a solo.

I have been given bad tables with 2 or even 3. I speak up, and will even wait a short amount of additional time for a new table. Recently did this at Blue Bayou in Disneyland. It was an expensive one time experience for us. The very best tables, right up against the PoC waterway, are used for people with the dinner packages, which is understandable (but too bad). They tried to seat us at the first table as you entered, it was not even dark there, right next to the lobby waiting area.

Another time, me and my daughter were seated almost in the lobby, it felt like, at Blues Brothers (again, in Anaheim, ironically). I asked to be moved, because the restaurant was nearly empty, it was just as they opened for lunch. (keep in mind, people there do not book up restaurants in advance like at WDW). They would not move us. Every single person entering or leaving had to pass by this table, and close to us. It was the only table in this hallway. We left, which gave me some satisfaction, lol.

But generally, they will move you. I even ask for booths at diners, when they try and seat us at a regular table. And I tip well!

I've only ever had one truly undesirable (to me) table for two - it was at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk - the table was against the wall across from the hallway to the rest rooms. But it was very crowded, there were several parties of 3-4 ahead of us (I think they were quoting 30-45 min wait, vs the 2-top being available right away) and I was starving, so my mom and I took it instead of waiting. On the other hand, we have had awesome 2-tops at both Chefs de France and twice at California Grill (both were window tables).

i have never been to WDW with just one other person. Will that make a difference in our seating location? I hope we aren't always put in a corner or near the kitchen entrance. What are your experiences? We have ADR's at BOG, LTT, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia and Sci-Fi diner.

That's never been our experience. My husband and I go every year. In fact, I'd dare say we tend to get *better* tables.

Table location is important to me and to our overall dinner out. When I checkin at the podium I let them know where I don't want to be seated. And if we ever get to a table that I don't like, I always ask for something else. Might be too picky but that's me/us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter